i felt really proud! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-28-2009, 10:19 PM

haha so i know...lame thread title but i was.

so today my mom picked me up from my test and brought me home...i was hungry before i went to work so she told me that she would make me some lack bean soup...i said alright so she started making it and then i was done. i, like an idiot, decided to read the can AFTER she finished and read the label that clearly stated "NOT VEGETARIAN" disgusting...i know

so i tell this to my mom and she decided to get really pissed at me..which is a little understandable...but she was trying to get me to eat it..not caring how i felt or anything...at one point she was so pissed and i could tell so i almost broke down and ate it..but i kept up strong and made myself some whole wheat pasta and didnt eat the soup..just a proud moment i felt like sharing =]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-29-2009, 11:56 AM
Beginner

Good for you - it's never easy to stand your ground in situations like this.
#3 Old 01-29-2009, 07:48 PM

hahah especially when its your mother, ya know? but in the end she got over it and all was good. =]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-01-2009, 11:05 PM

i had something like that happen to me, my uncle made soup and it had meat in it, but he did the kindest thing and picked it all out of my bowl, but i still wouldnt eat it, even though it was so thoughtful of him

i felt bad about it
#5 Old 02-02-2009, 08:19 PM

aww hahah! at least he was considerate, my mom still offers me like chickenand other (disgusting) meat as if im going to say okay! and one day im gunna be like okayy and shell say really and ill be like no. mahahahah
#6 Old 02-02-2009, 08:52 PM

That's awesome! Keep standing up for what you belive in, and it will probably be a lot easier in time.

I remember when I first went veg*n, my uncle told my grandmother that I could still eat shrimp so she made some for me. (I dont know why she would trust my uncle, who knows nothing about veg*nism, and not ask me...but anyway..) I felt bad to tell her no, I don't eat any animals - even sea animals, because I know she felt she made something I could have. I would have felt alot worse, and done a lot more harm if I actually ate them, though!
#7 Old 02-02-2009, 08:55 PM

i used to eat shrimp, and then i saw a video of one still moving and someone else calling it delicious, thats when i decided NO animal was okay to eat. =[
#8 Old 02-02-2009, 09:00 PM

Sea animals may be the worse to eat, since you have to kill so many lives per meal. Not that I'm trying to say any animal is worth more than another or any meat is less bad, it's all equal murder. I just don't understand why so many people (not you) think sea animals are okay (or try to tell us we can eat them) when it kills so many more lives than all the other types of meats. So if they are trying to somehow say one type of meat is okay, I dont know how they ended up with that one.

Was that clear at all? I can be bad at explaining things!
#9 Old 02-02-2009, 09:05 PM

hahah that makes perfect sense, and i think its because you can communicate with a cow or pig or whatever animal is your choice and you know feel it see it and see its personality. with fish and sea animals, for me at least, i didnt see them as having personality and being able to ya know...cuddle or whatever. but i did my research and an animal is not determinded by its cuddle factor, its a living breathing thing, has feelings and emotions like any other, feels pain like any other...so how is that fair? its not

therefore, i stopped eating anything that was once living or breathing (minus a few and select diary items...for now)
#10 Old 02-15-2009, 02:48 PM

Yeah I know, I never understand that how people can say their vegetarian but still eat fish. I think all that pescaterian stuff is dumb. The way I see it is your either vegetarian or your not. I hate when people make up excuses and are like, "Oh well my mom made me so I had to eat the chicken". At this point we can make our own decisions and if your not willing to be vegetarian or vegan than fine don't be but don't go around saying you are one. Thats just wrong.
#11 Old 02-18-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrunner View Post

Yeah I know, I never understand that how people can say their vegetarian but still eat fish. I think all that pescaterian stuff is dumb. The way I see it is your either vegetarian or your not. I hate when people make up excuses and are like, "Oh well my mom made me so I had to eat the chicken". At this point we can make our own decisions and if your not willing to be vegetarian or vegan than fine don't be but don't go around saying you are one. Thats just wrong.

I agree with you. It's not only annoying and a lame excuse, but eating certain meats and calling yourself vegetarian 'mocks' up the word. It makes the definition unclear, and thats why so many places think fish/chicken is OKAY to serve to veg*ns.
#12 Old 02-18-2009, 07:36 PM

i knowww, i hate that. i work at a food store and someone will be telling me how to make "amazing fish" or something and i say oh im vegan and theyll say oh well im vegetarian, i only eat fish and chicken....im like umm....ONLY...im pretty sure theyre animals too...not vegetables
#13 Old 02-19-2009, 10:01 PM

My parents try to get me to eat fish because of all the lies floating around about vegetarians/vegans being able to eat meat. You'd think since I'm the vegetarian, I would know better than they would, but that doesn't seem to have sunken in yet.

And, yeah, all the fake -arians are a load of poop (lol you know what I mean).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page