MARS candy kills - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-15-2009, 09:13 AM

Have u ever heard about the MARS experiments on animals and stuff? I just watched the video and it was HORRIBLE. OMG I freaked out when I saw it. I couldn't watch anymore.

This is the website. www.marscandykills.com On it u can write a letter to MARS demanding them to stop their experiments on animals. It also shows u ways u can help. The website will explain everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-15-2009, 09:54 AM
Veggie Regular

and they also use battery eggs. steer well clear.
#3 Old 01-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Veggie Regular

That's horrible. I just sent Mars an email. That's too bad, since Milky Ways were my favorite candy bar.

At least we know Hershey's chocolate is safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-15-2009, 01:45 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

And there is hidden animal ingredients in the candy. Chicken, cow, pig, whatever is the cheapest.

The only thing I was sad about was Twix. And I was eating one not ever 20 minutes before I had found out what Mars uses/does.

And I love Nestlé. I'm so glad that don't pull that stupid garbage. (At least as far as I know )

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#5 Old 01-15-2009, 06:15 PM

#6 Old 01-16-2009, 08:14 AM

Uh-oh..Nestlé are considered to be the least ethical chocolate company around.

That's how it appears to me. From what I can see, If you boycott any one company, it's got to be Nestlé. Pity they seem to own half the world!

That does tend to be more for human rights reasons though.
#7 Old 01-17-2009, 05:14 AM
Beginner

Yeah... Mars... I haven't eaten mars since... Um... I can't remember. I found out about their experiments and stopped eating them. I really wish they would stop - the experiments are stupid and heartless and I want to try the traditional deep fried Mars bar!

:S I hadn't heard that about Nestlé - what's happening with the world...?!
#8 Old 01-17-2009, 06:13 AM

This brought Nestlé's unethical nature to everyone's attention:

http://www.babymilkaction.org/pages/boycott.html

According to wikipedia the boycott was launched in the 70s! I didn't realise it was that long ago.

They've been accused of several other human rights violations (basically, they're hideously unfairtrade) and for unethical environmental practises too. And look at what they own! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquarel

It's frightening.

But back to Mars...

This might be of interest:

http://www.vegsoc.org/news/2007/mars.html
#9 Old 01-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Beginner

I thankfully since birth never liked chocolate

Friends and i on halloween last year went around with flyers giving them to trick or treaters about Marscandy. hahaha

Every time i am out with friends i try and convince them not to buy anything from them, although it does suck about starburst, i still have cravings for them but dont give in
#10 Old 01-17-2009, 03:43 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky Potatoes View Post

^ Well, not animal testing, but Nestle was/is accused of buying cocoa from slave plantations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post

Uh-oh..Nestlé are considered to be the least ethical chocolate company around.

That's how it appears to me. From what I can see, If you boycott any one company, it's got to be Nestlé. Pity they seem to own half the world!

That does tend to be more for human rights reasons though.

Quote:

They've been accused of several other human rights violations (basically, they're hideously unfairtrade) and for unethical environmental practises too. And look at what they own! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquarel

It's frightening.

Eeeee....

I had no idea they owned half that stuff!

Stupid Nestlé. Why'd you have to go and do all that stuff. -_-

I'm sticking to Swedish Fish from now on. ;-;

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#11 Old 01-17-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonSG View Post

I thankfully since birth never liked chocolate

Friends and i on halloween last year went around with flyers giving them to trick or treaters about Marscandy. hahaha

Every time i am out with friends i try and convince them not to buy anything from them, although it does suck about starburst, i still have cravings for them but dont give in

They also own myriad lines of products which are nothing to do with chocolate or sweets, such as Uncle Ben's Rice. You have to be careful!
#12 Old 01-20-2009, 06:58 PM

man ima have to let go of choclate
#13 Old 01-20-2009, 07:23 PM

There are some lovely ethical brands of chocolate out there, but I prefer buying fairtrade cocoa nibs or powder and dipping dates in it or making hot chocolate for my chocolate fix!

I am a massive chocoholic but not a fan of chocolate bars.
#14 Old 01-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Beginner

Quote:

They also own myriad lines of products which are nothing to do with chocolate or sweets, such as Uncle Ben's Rice. You have to be careful!

Dont worry i check all products to see if they are owned by mars or whatnot, plus i have never heard of Uncle bens rice before so i think im safe, thanks for heads up though
#15 Old 01-20-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonSG View Post

Dont worry i check all products to see if they are owned by mars or whatnot, plus i have never heard of Uncle bens rice before so i think im safe, thanks for heads up though

They own lots of lines I'd never heard of. Some are available in some countries but not others, some are under different names depending on the country.

I was just pointing out that there's that danger even with things you'd never even consider being owned by a company like Mars so probably wouldn't be inclined to check.

I did check an Uncle Ben's rice packet the other day, and at the bottom of the packet in tiny print among lots of other words/ codes, there is the word MARS.
#16 Old 01-20-2009, 10:33 PM
Beginner

Quote:

They own lots of lines I'd never heard of. Some are available in some countries but not others, some are under different names depending on the country.

I was just pointing out that there's that danger even with things you'd never even consider being owned by a company like Mars so probably wouldn't be inclined to check.

I did check an Uncle Ben's rice packet the other day, and at the bottom of the packet in tiny print among lots of other words/ codes, there is the word MARS.

Well if you can figure out any more products i should avoid that would be way helpful, also gives me more things to annoy my boyfriend about when were shopping, hes constently trying to purchase mars products without me knowing cause i go mental on him XD
#17 Old 01-21-2009, 06:21 AM

#18 Old 01-28-2009, 01:53 PM

I heard about that Mars did animal testing a while ago. The day after I found out my friend who went veg came up to me with a bunch of candy and some of it was Mars and I totally freaked out and explained what they were doing. She freaked out as well and stopped eating Mars.

I turned down a starburst from a hottie
#19 Old 02-02-2009, 09:19 PM

i watched the video of the mars candy testing or w.e and i didnt realize i was vchatting with my friend, so i started like hysterically crying AND SHE TOOK PICTURES...but it was one of the worst things i have ever forced myself to watch.
#20 Old 02-19-2009, 09:41 PM

I never heard of this before. I watched the video, and it was so awful I'm speechless. Horrible...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page