VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   The Teen Forum (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/32-teen-forum/)
-   -   Flexitarians (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/32-teen-forum/91827-flexitarians.html)

vegansrock 12-20-2008 05:29 PM

Apparently there's people who call themselves "flexitarians." They say they're vegetarian, but occasionally eat meat I was talking to a girl in school about being vegan, and that's what she told me she is. I've never heard of it before.



I think it's really stupid. Either you're vegetarian or omni, you can't be both.

cody92 12-20-2008 05:36 PM

Wow this is the first time I've heard of that...I agree with you too, it seems like that was made up for people who maybe cant handle being a vegetarian/vegan?

animaniac 12-20-2008 09:40 PM

That's what my mom says she is.

She stopped being a full blow vegetarian 4 months ago, but she says she's a vegetarian who eats meat. There's no such thing!!

That's totally a crock-o-crap.

HummusKelpilot 12-20-2008 09:58 PM

It's not vegetarian, but it is flexitarian, so if they say that they're flexitarian then they're not lying (unbeknownly lying or not purposely lying).



I know that some flexies may think that they are veg and not realize that they aren't so that's why I said unbeknownly.

animaniac 12-21-2008 09:48 PM

yeah, i know what you mean

vegansrock 12-27-2008 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummusKelpilot View Post

It's not vegetarian, but it is flexitarian, so if they say that they're flexitarian then they're not lying (unbeknownly lying or not purposely lying).



I know that some flexies may think that they are veg and not realize that they aren't so that's why I said unbeknownly.



Yeah, it's one thing if you say, "I'm a flexitarian, I don't usually eat meat but sometimes I do." But this girl said, "I'm a vegetarian too, but sometimes I eat meat," and that doesn't make sense.

Nickster25 12-28-2008 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegansrock View Post

But this girl said, "I'm a vegetarian too, but sometimes I eat meat,"



That's like saying you're not a racist yet you have swastika tattoos and named your kid Adolf Hitler. Which I still can't get over...



http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_w..._with_naz.html

Earthling 12-28-2008 04:12 PM

TBH I'd rather they called themselves flexetarians than say they're a vegetarian who eats chicken or has steak on Tuesdays. Any effort to reduce meat consumption is a positive thing in my book, but I do think it's odd that people need to label themselves this way when "omnivore" is a perfectly good term for them...

vegansrock 12-29-2008 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickster25 View Post

That's like saying you're not a racist yet you have swastika tattoos and named your kid Adolf Hitler. Which I still can't get over...



http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_w..._with_naz.html



WTH? That's really messed up!

urbandryad 12-31-2008 04:10 AM

I was flexitarian for awhile, admittedly. Then I realized I was full of BS and stopped calling myself that.



Glad to be veg again. :3

GhostUser 12-31-2008 05:32 PM

*cough* BSeterians *cough*


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.