modelling? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 07-30-2008, 12:22 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm suprised no one has ever asked me to model before. I'm the best looking guy in history, with the top level of chauvinism and narcissism to match..............it's true.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 07-30-2008, 03:44 AM
Beginner

Only if it was hand modelling.

Seriously though, I want to be remembered for something besides the girl who looks good in clothes.
#33 Old 07-31-2008, 09:46 AM

No, because I know that I am too fat to be a model. Haha, so I would get stuck in this industry that will ruin my self-esteem etc.

But if I was skinny I would say yes and discuss it with my parents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 08-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Veggie Regular

My personal opinion is that modeling is a disgusting industry, on par with prostitution. The exploitation of beauty and the corruption of that ideal in the minds of the populace is an unforgivable crime in my eyes. One can see the effects from the crushed self esteem of women, which in turn causes serious health issues like eating disorders.
#35 Old 08-03-2008, 09:06 PM

ouch-- thats harsh
#36 Old 08-04-2008, 04:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spree View Post

well, what if you saw that it was completly legitamite... ect ect ect

would you WANT to?

yes XD mens health here i come
#37 Old 08-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Veggie Regular

My friend, her mom, and her sister have all said I should model. I've been told I have an "exotic look" with my larger eyes...? And that I have a "model figure".

I guess I want to try it to see what it's like, but I have no clue how to get into it... If I would be for me... etc. I consider myself very modest; it would be very weird to see myself in a magazine or something.

OP: if I was in your situation, I really don't know what I'd do. Keep walking maybe? LOL. Because if I was at the mall I would want to keep shopping, not discuss modeling with a random lady?
#38 Old 08-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNewNoisex View Post

My personal opinion is that modeling is a disgusting industry, on par with prostitution. The exploitation of beauty and the corruption of that ideal in the minds of the populace is an unforgivable crime in my eyes. One can see the effects from the crushed self esteem of women, which in turn causes serious health issues like eating disorders.

In most cases I agree with this.

However, I think more of a 'reform' might be better then destruction of the whole industry (though this would be acceptable to me as far as female modelling is concerned; but then i feel like i'm endorsing a double standard because i dont have anything against men as models) i.e more athletic and actually naturally built women with more muscle and more puppy fat on them then beanstalks

Personally unnaturally skinny women make me ill; curves rule!
#39 Old 08-07-2008, 07:27 PM

Even if I was pretty enough to model, I wouldn't ever do it. I'm just not into that kind of stuff. I'm the kind of girl who doesn't care what people think of me, or what I look like, as long as I'm fine with myself. Modeling would just destroy everything that makes me me.
#40 Old 08-08-2008, 01:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Everyone is a model now-a-days! I think it was probably or is probably a scam. I don't think my idea of sound decision making is sharing my photographs with a stranger.
#41 Old 08-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Veggie Regular

I would be flattered by the compliment, but say sorry, I would rather have a career that I will gain respect in rather than have to retire at 25 and drown the self esteem of millions of girls.
#42 Old 08-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Veggie Regular

it's a flattering compliment huh? =]

but usually when they approach you in a retail environment they're after your money. i was asked as well and it only ended up being one of those "pay $2000 for modeling lessons" deals. pshhh no thanks. i'll stick to my good looks haha ;]
#43 Old 08-22-2008, 11:15 PM
Veggie Regular

It's always been a bit of a dream of mine, Actually... Never to be 'big time' just to be one of those underground "alternative" types. I like the artistic aspect of it. Unforunately I haven't a lot of self esteem. I don't want to diet my way to where *I'm* happy only to be told i'm fat or have the few things I like about myself be judged and belittled. I've been in the modeling scene once before... When I was a kid. I was complimented several times on the look of my eyes, The look of my lips and the pretty natrual spiral curls I have. I guess part of me wants to be validated by the huge compliment of still being considered pretty when compared too all those beautiful girls that apply, but unforunately deep down I don't see that happening. I do plan on getting some professonal photographs taken for my 17th birthday, Given I reach my goal size by then... Maybe I might look into it again if those come out okay... Can't help feeling that i'm setting myself up for failure, Though...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page