What do you want to do with your life? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-21-2008, 02:24 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm just bieng curious really. What do you want to do after school/ university?

I did want to be a medical officer in the royal navy, but I dont think I am going to get AAA in my A levels, so I think I would like to join as a warfare/ logistics officer instead. If all fails I will join as a rating, but I would rather be an officer. I dont know if I want to go to university or not. There is nothing really that I would be interested in studying except maybe animal beahaviour or welfare, but it seems that that does not really lead onto much so would be a waste of money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-21-2008, 07:34 AM
Veggie Regular

After high school, I would like to get into a good college and eventually become a doctor (an oncologist, actually). If not, maybe a biologist.
#3 Old 06-21-2008, 08:03 AM
Veggie Regular

After high school, I want to go to a good college and then become an English teacher in another country (not the US.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-21-2008, 06:07 PM

I'm out of highschool but still yet to figure out where to go from here. I want to work helping animals...
#5 Old 06-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm planning on going to an art school and seeing where that leads me. Probably something in illustration.
#6 Old 06-21-2008, 10:05 PM

i want to co to college and get a degree in Lit and maybe something else, probably a bussiness degree in case writing doesnt work out, then i want to travle the world, live in romania and brazil and germeny and wherever else, i hear ireland is nice.

no kids. no dead end 8 to 5.
#7 Old 06-22-2008, 01:04 AM

Um so I wanna finish high school and go to a college that I can get a degree in music tech in and then I wanna do the whole roadie thing for sometime and then live in japan and hen Alaska and then a nice farm somewhere outside of the U.S. with all the farm animals there that are awesome and care for them and stuff and like rescue animals and have them live at the farm while doing something that makes lots of money and has to do with music!! talk about dreaming oh and definitely help animals
#8 Old 06-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Beginner

I either want to go to college to become an anesthesiologist ( simply put, the dr. that puts someone to sleep before surgery, and manages patient pain )

or

A librarian-
#9 Old 06-22-2008, 11:12 AM

I'd like to be a lawyer. But I haven't even started high school, I just left junior high. We'll see!
#10 Old 06-22-2008, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentanner11 View Post

I either want to go to college to become an anesthesiologist ( simply put, the dr. that puts someone to sleep before surgery, and manages patient pain )

or

A librarian-

Wow, isn't anesthesiology like ten years of schooling? Good luck, that is a job with a lot of power and responsibility!

I've just graduated from high school, and I'm going to college this fall, but no idea what I want to major in yet! =/

I did want to be a doctor for a while, but then I realized I'd be going into some $100,000 school with undergrad debt still under my belt. Ouch.

I'm also really afraid of becoming a cubicle droid. I'd rather be a starving artist than an accountant or something.
#11 Old 06-22-2008, 12:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I'm also really afraid of becoming a cubicle droid. I'd rather be a starving artist than an accountant or something

yeah I really want to do something exciting with my life, thats why I really want to join the navy and sail the seven seas! I really like living with lots of other people (like at boarding school/ sailing voyages/ expeditions) so I think that I would really enjoy life on a ship. Both my parents were in the royal navy and they said it was the best thing they have ever done.

I did want to be a vet since I was about 4, but i think I am too sentimental with animals. I have helped out at a vets for two years, and you really do have to be very tough. I get the feeling that most vets do not particularly like animals (or maybe it is just because most of their patients were farm animals, which basically get no sympathy) and I don't want to end up as one of those people who can treat an animal like an object and just see money in them, Or more likely stay compassionate and end up taking home every single healthy animal I was told to kill!

I know you can distance yourself mentally, but I still think it would disturb me to put healthy animals to sleep.

Quote:
then a nice farm somewhere outside of the U.S. with all the farm animals there that are awesome and care for them and stuff and like rescue animals and have them live at the farm while doing something that makes lots of money and has to do with music!! talk about dreaming oh and definitely help animals

I also have loads of dreams about helping animals, and I intend to turn them into reality! If I ever retire from the navy and get a day job, I am going to buy a house with lots of land and rescue as many farm animals as it can comfortably hold. It'll be brilliant to have your own house and be able to make desisions and spend as much money on animals as you want without parents interfering! I think I'll need a pretty tolerant husband too...
#12 Old 06-22-2008, 08:43 PM
Veggie Regular

I want to pack my bag, and move to somewhere in Central/Northern Europe. Live a small time life with a small time job. Enjoy my life the way I want to. Not the way society tells me I should. Money doesn't equal success...but people have forgotten that. That is why I want to leave society.
#13 Old 06-24-2008, 03:30 PM

I would like to write for a living, actually. I've been writing all my life, and went as far as to write a 106 page book when I was 12. I consider that a good achievement. I am writing another book now, and I plan to keep writing for the rest of my life. Any career that would involve writing would be perfect for me. I would love to be an author, but I don't think I'll ever be good enough.
#14 Old 06-24-2008, 03:52 PM
Veggie Regular

After college, well, actually during college I would really want to intern at PETA2 or other animal rights organization, and after college enroll in the organization as a full time job.

I just want to be with people that believe in what I believe. Believe me, in Mexico there aren't a lot of vegetarians, well, at least where I live.
#15 Old 06-25-2008, 02:26 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm going to University to do Computer Science next year. I'd like to try and learn a language when I'm there.

After that, I'll leave and be a software developer. It would be cool to get away to somewhere where there are more jobs, in my area there are 3 or 4 companies that employ software developers and everyone knows everyone, it seems. It would be better to go somewhere with big companies, like London or some places in the states.

If I could get some fiction published at some point in my life, that would be great.

Oh, and finding the person to spend the rest of my life with, and set up home somewhere cool ... that would make me very happy indeed!
#16 Old 06-25-2008, 07:44 AM
Veggie Regular

I would like to do something with animals, not sure what just yet though... Not a vet exactly, but someone that betters the lives of animals. Or else cook and/or waitress at a vegetarian restaurant.
#17 Old 06-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Veggie Regular

I would like to be a veterinarian specializing in surgery, which will probably be 10-12 years of schooling. If I were to change my mind, I would probably like to be a biologist for Fish and Game.

I would also like to be active with legislation on the side (specificaly animal legislation).
#18 Old 06-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Veggie Regular

I would love to become a living historian, but unfortunately from what I hear, you can't make a living off of that. So I'm thinking about studying archeology or paleontology. Maybe I would also consider becoming a curator at a museum. For now though, I just want to focus on graduating high school!!
#19 Old 06-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm hopefully going to get into a college called Digipen and get a bachelor's degree in fine arts. I'll be studying game animation, and hopefully will be hired by a gaming company (there's a bunch of them near the school who gladly accept students who've completed the program).
#20 Old 06-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm in college as of current, trying to get a degree in Biology. But my main goal is to go into wildlife conservation/rehabilitation as a career. I am also going to continue my animal activism and campaigning.
#21 Old 06-28-2008, 11:31 PM
Veggie Regular

College next year. Undergrad studies in political sciences. Then law school. Hopefully get picked up by CNN/other news agency after that. Ideally, The Onion or some other satirist "news" source. If not, a lobbying firm or government work.

#22 Old 06-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Beginner

Since the time I was 8 I've wanted to be a pedactric nurse, and that hasn't changed. I have one more year of high school, but once I graduate I'll go to community college then transfer to Drexel which has an incredible nursing program that includes co-op. After that we'll see where life leads me. I would like to get married and have kids but that changes all the time.
#23 Old 06-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post

Wow, isn't anesthesiology like ten years of schooling? Good luck, that is a job with a lot of power and responsibility!

I did want to be a doctor for a while, but then I realized I'd be going into some $100,000 school with undergrad debt still under my belt. Ouch.

I'm also really afraid of becoming a cubicle droid. I'd rather be a starving artist than an accountant or something.

Yea thats why being a Librarian is ever so appealing! Plus If I get the same test scores that I got this year, next year I can get a full ride to any college in my state and the college in my city has a librarian program...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimsweetie401 View Post

Maybe I would also consider becoming a curator at a museum.

That sounds really cool!!!
#24 Old 07-01-2008, 09:24 AM

I want to be a Graphic Designer, and I will be a Graphic Designer, this year I'll start the University on that area (most probably), I'm so excited!
#25 Old 07-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Go to some college or another, and during the summer travel to developing countries so that I don't get too caught up in academia. I'm not sure what I should do do bring in the tempeh bacon, I've considered being a nurse or engineer or something of the like. Or I could write an inspirational book, if I could get myself together. Mainly what I want to do though, is get involved in humanitarianism and work towards equality and justice around the world. And shine the light of veg*nism, obviously.
#26 Old 07-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Veggie Regular

I just graduated college and learned that there isn't as much opportunity out there as I had hoped for...not to spoil your dreams though. Always keep dreaming.
#27 Old 07-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I want to do something with animals...

Maybe be an animal photographer, or have a farm sanctuary, or sheep shearer, or vet. Something with animals.
#28 Old 07-03-2008, 06:23 AM

After high school, I'm going to go to college for record engineering or something else that deals with music. Me and my friends have come up with a plan and me and them are in a band. We said that if the band doesn't make it, we'll make our own record label and clothing line. We also decided that even if we do make it, we'll still do that and I was also thinking about having a health food store and supplies store for the less fortunate. And possibly even building some sort of shelter for all the homeless. I have big dreams, huh? They are good dreams though, they'll help a lot of people one day
#29 Old 07-03-2008, 07:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie&lt View Post

After high school, I'm going to go to college for record engineering or something else that deals with music. Me and my friends have come up with a plan and me and them are in a band. We said that if the band doesn't make it, we'll make our own record label and clothing line. We also decided that even if we do make it, we'll still do that and I was also thinking about having a health food store and supplies store for the less fortunate. And possibly even building some sort of shelter for all the homeless. I have big dreams, huh? They are good dreams though, they'll help a lot of people one day

Heh. I used to want to do that. I took Pro Tools Recording Engineering classes and Sound Tech in college, until I realized that despite how fun it was, I would have a very difficult time being successful in that field. Unfortunately, musicians don't really need producers anymore because they can do their own recording in the basement of their house.

But hey, good luck with all of your endeavors!
#30 Old 07-03-2008, 09:32 AM

I am going to get a background in hair and makeup and the apprentice to be a tattoo artist. I was just going to start apprenticing right away but my mom insists that I need a background in something first. So now I am on the hunt for good cosmetology schools. I am going to need to send in applications at some point this year.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page