does this sound right? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-19-2008, 12:21 PM

ok..

so in school out of 700 people, i am 1 of 3 vegetarians.

thats ok i cant convert everyone lol... but listen to what one of these "vegetarians" said.

shes said "i dont understand how people can eat meat!".

...so everyone now reading this is probably agreeing and trying to see whats wrong with this statement, right?...

well, as she said this she was chewing on a sausage roll!! like wtf? hypocritical to say the least???

and i pointed out the fact she was eating meat, and she started to stutter and make up excuses of how see NEEDS to eat meat once a month because shes not getting enough protein....although shes eats "all the right foods"

i laughed and said i understand and walked away.

i didnt understand.

seriously... posing as a vegetarian- is there much point?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-19-2008, 12:58 PM

Yeah. I see something wrong...why did you say you understood?
#3 Old 01-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
does this sound right?

For a school, yes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-19-2008, 02:50 PM

i said i understand... cause i didn want to listen to her ramble on... digging her own grave!! lol..
#5 Old 01-19-2008, 02:52 PM

So you just went a long with her nonsence instead of showing her how she can get protein, and possibly helping her to cut out animals all together?

Oh. Oh okay.
#6 Old 01-19-2008, 03:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover7249 View Post

So you just went a long with her nonsence instead of showing her how she can get protein, and possibly helping her to cut out animals all together?

Oh. Oh okay.

What's it like up there?
#7 Old 01-19-2008, 04:36 PM

youd have to know her, to know her stubbornness, and complete ignorance. it would have been a waste of time to through your heart into a full blown discussion when you know the result will be her sayin "i know all that" and then continuing to eat meat.

id prefer to talk to people who might listen.
#8 Old 01-19-2008, 06:06 PM
Veggie Regular

I would have said to her what I say to everyone that uses that stupid excuse, "You need meat, Like a crack addict needs crack. Ask a crack addict and he'll tell you he needs his crack to survive, It isn't true, It's actually quite the opposite. But he's just lustful enough, Just addicted enough to not care about his health, His values, Or who he hurts for his few moments of gluttony."
#9 Old 01-20-2008, 12:59 AM

Ouch, 3 Veggies in a school? That sucks!
#10 Old 01-20-2008, 08:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Lol, scythe. To the OP, I don't blame you for saying that. I never want to start fights about my veg*nism so I just smile and leave it. That's really hypocritical/annoying though, i would have complained about it to my friends even though not all of them are veg*n :P
#11 Old 01-20-2008, 06:57 PM

I can't believe you there are only three veggies in your school of 700. In grade 7 I was one of 3 vegetarians out of 50 kids. In grade 10 I think 2 or 3 more kids became vegetarian, I don't know if they lasted though.
#12 Old 01-21-2008, 12:31 AM
Veggie Regular

You know what's weird, is that at my school I think there are more vegans and vegetarians than the rest in my district. My school is an arts magnet program, with the ratio of females to males being 3:1. Maybe the creative part of the brain is also the compassionate part :]

BTW, at my school I do not know how many veggies there are. But I have at least one other veggie in my class at all times. Usually more than one. And each class has about 25 students.
#13 Old 01-21-2008, 09:08 AM

I have about 200 students n my school(small town) and I know only one other (my best friend) but then again not many people know I'm vegan.

people are very nieve and pretend to be very "knowledgable" I've learned to grind my teeth and dont bring up the subject (especialy not at the table) If people ask me about it I say what I feel, but people will argue with you any chance they get, if you jump on them that puts them into defense mode.

(this is just how I am, and I.... try not to roll my eyes at other peoples approch) :-)
#14 Old 01-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Veggie Regular

We have 1600 students in our school...and I still have not met any vegetarians or vegans or even pescetarians (and I'm a Junior). I have only met ONE vegetarian my whole entire life (no vegans), (my mothers second cousin) and that was a year after I became a vegetarian.
#15 Old 01-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I've heard that before. There's this girl at my high school who told me she was a vegetarian (That was before I became one). When I became a veggie I asked her if she still was a vegetarian, she said yes. But then we where on the school bus, and some guys where talking about food, and she goes "Oh I really want some chicken wings from the Alitas right now" (Alitas is the chicken wing restaurant). I thought she was kidding, and she told me she is a vegetarian but she eats meat once or twice a month because she need protein. I didn't say anything, but I didn't talk to that girl again. It was just playing strange. I felt kind of disappointed, because well she was one of the few veggies at school, but well its her life.
#16 Old 01-24-2008, 06:01 PM

Ive never understood the 'once a month' thing. Its always made me laugh. Also note that the 'once a month' foods are almost always some type of junk food, like sausage rolls, chicken wings, maccas, kfc, etc. Never a type of meat that is actually very high in protein, like a lean piece of chicken.
#17 Old 01-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Hmm... I wonder what could drive a normally moral teenage girl to do something cruel, unnecessary and selfish once a month...

No, I don't really care what she eats, but still.
#18 Old 01-24-2008, 11:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrrple View Post

You know what's weird, is that at my school I think there are more vegans and vegetarians than the rest in my district. My school is an arts magnet program, with the ratio of females to males being 3:1. Maybe the creative part of the brain is also the compassionate part :]

BTW, at my school I do not know how many veggies there are. But I have at least one other veggie in my class at all times. Usually more than one. And each class has about 25 students.

or maybe lots of them are just using it as an exuse for an ED. also guys get called gay for not eating meat. ( which is why im in the veggie closet) XD
#19 Old 01-25-2008, 01:14 PM
Beginner

I'm a guy that doesn't eat meat and yes, they call me a fag. Sadly i don't know anyone in my school that's a vegetarian or vegan.
#20 Old 01-25-2008, 01:36 PM

guys are expected to eat "manly" lol gosh I hate society
#21 Old 01-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I'm a guy that doesn't eat meat and yes, they call me a fag. Sadly i don't know anyone in my school that's a vegetarian or vegan.

When they do, just tell them you'd rather not feast on dead animal flesh! Tell them to think of what that meat that they're eating looked like before it was cooked: raw and bloody and full of disease and germs.... YUM.

I don't care what anyone thinks of my being vegetarianism. It's all for a great cause.
#22 Old 01-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by *veggie4life* View Post

When they do, just tell them you'd rather not feast on dead animal flesh! Tell them to think of what that meat that they're eating looked like before it was cooked: raw and bloody and full of disease and germs.... YUM.

I don't care what anyone thinks of my being vegetarianism. It's all for a great cause.

That's a pretty pointless argument, besides the wild inaccuracy, unless you base your diet on what looks pretty before you eat it.
#23 Old 01-25-2008, 06:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

They are just stupid! Real men don't eat meat. You do a great thing
#24 Old 01-26-2008, 01:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying_to_be View Post

or maybe lots of them are just using it as an exuse for an ED. also guys get called gay for not eating meat. ( which is why im in the veggie closet) XD

Every guy at my school is called gay by the other schools. According to the other schools, if a male attends my school, that makes them gay.

The ED thing isn't much of an issue except for a couple girls I know. But I have a friend who JUST switched from omni to strict veggie and she said I was the inspiration! Yay!
#25 Old 01-26-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrrple View Post

I have a friend who JUST switched from omni to strict veggie and she said I was the inspiration! Yay!

Also, do you go to an art school? I know many guys get called gay just for going to highschool like that.
#26 Old 01-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Yes, I said in my last post that I go to an arts magnet program. That's exactly why people think all the males are gay
#27 Old 01-28-2008, 06:41 PM

Opps. Sorry, must've missed that!

And, yup. The same **** happens in my town. it's stupid.
#28 Old 01-29-2008, 09:16 AM

my dad just told me the only meat he is going to eat is deersteak, and fish (i live in a place with alot of hunting and fishing)

its not perfect, but its something.....
#29 Old 01-29-2008, 02:33 PM
Veggie Regular

all of the arugments here are dumb:

"meat is dead flesh....."

responce: yah and its good. go away veggie fag

lolol so...... I just keep quiet about it. most people don't eat meat at lunch any way. (assuming they are eating lunch which most people don't do either)
#30 Old 01-30-2008, 09:06 AM

lol, ya we have off campus lunch, so the only people i see eat are my 2 bestfriends- one is lacto-ovo, and the other dosen't eat meat infront of me- I have good friends :-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page