I am so nervous! (about getting driver's license) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-31-2007, 10:25 PM
Beginner

Okay, so maybe its a little too early to be nervous but i'm getting my license in 18 days, i've counted down the days since september 12th(i think i'm more than obsessed!) And well i hope i pass, i'm not telling anyone at my school that i'm taking it just in case i fail. My mom keeps on talking about responsibilty saying things like: if you don't lock the door when you leave how am i ever going to trust you, if we get you a car, to lock the doors. Plus, when I'm driving my mom and dad always, when i do something wrong, say that if i do that during the test i will fail. I seriously will cry if i don't pass, but i cry about everything so its okay. So, yeah i'm worried about something so small but thats all that seems to be on my mind these days.

driving is a privilege not a right(thought that would be a nice finishing touch)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-31-2007, 11:59 PM
Veggie Regular

That's not so bad... when I'm driving people just tend to hold on.
#3 Old 11-01-2007, 03:30 AM
Veggie Regular

I have not taken the test yet, and I'm nervous as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-01-2007, 07:41 AM

The test isn't too hard to pass. Just make sure you use blinkers AT ALL TIMES. Don't turn on red...drive the speed limit.

You'll do fine if you drive a lot already.
#5 Old 11-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMeigs View Post

Just make sure you use blinkers AT ALL TIMES.

Alternatively, when turning.
#6 Old 11-01-2007, 01:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Don't be too worried, drivers tests are never too hard. During my test the instructor only made me back in and drive around for a little. Just remeber to check all your mirrors and look over your shoulder. Good luck!
#7 Old 11-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, the tests aren't hard. I didn't even have to parallel park (which isn't that hard anyway...). I took my test right after I had spilled hot tea on my leg. I had a second degree burn all down my right leg, including the bubbled skin and pain; my pants, underwear, socks, and shoes were soaked; and my instructor's van had breaks that frequently locked up. Yeah. but I passed!
#8 Old 11-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bells View Post

I have not taken the test yet, and I'm nervous as well.

When are you gonna take yours? We can be nervous together.
#9 Old 11-04-2007, 04:17 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm taking it November 29th, and I too am nervous as hell. I've already told people I'm taking it, but I'm sure they will have forgotten it by then.
#10 Old 11-21-2007, 10:15 AM
Beginner

Uh ya so I falied my test and feel like such a loser. And i really thought I was a good driver too! First of all I was apparently driving too fast in the residential streets, which i admit i do like to drive around 30-40 all the time. And i bumped the curb while backing up! and she said i was bad at checking my mirrors in traffic... and the list goes on. So i'm taking it AGAIN in two weeks.
#11 Old 11-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Veggie Regular

30-40? Like miles? There's quite a bit of difference in that. Although 30 miles here roughly equates to our 50kph speed limit in built up areas, and if yours is slower than that, you might as well get out and run.
#12 Old 11-21-2007, 05:59 PM

I failed first at the theoric exam, I didnt remembered the speed limits for each specific kind of veichles and roads

The practical exam was easy but after all I never liked driving, I passed four months without driving after I got my license =P

If you feel you will not pass again, practice a lot before taking the next
#13 Old 11-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Beginner

I only just got my license 2 weeks ago. I was SO nervous I wouldn't pass, I made it this huge thing, and it really wasn't. The entire thing literally took 8 minutes, but getting my actual license took about 45 minutes. Anyway, there's nothing to worry about. You've practiced for months--you know what you're doing. Good luck!
#14 Old 11-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Awe, I'm sorry. Two weeks is a short time to wait though, I'm sure you'll pass next time.
#15 Old 11-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Beginner

I like to drive around 35 miles in residential areas even though the speed limit is 25 mph. And in regular traffic i like to drive 40 mph even though its 35mph. But now that i'm driving as slow as molasses people behind are honking at me and driving around and in front of me. Califronia drivers are so impatient!
#16 Old 11-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Veggie Regular

as the saying goes: no cop no stop. thats california drivers for you. Also the california roll ( for rolling past stop signs) and unfortunetly when it rains everyone freaks out like its the apycolpyse
#17 Old 11-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying_to_be View Post

as the saying goes: no cop no stop. thats california drivers for you. Also the california roll ( for rolling past stop signs) and unfortunetly when it rains everyone freaks out like its the apycolpyse

Haha, I know.

Quote:
I like to drive around 35 miles in residential areas even though the speed limit is 25 mph. And in regular traffic i like to drive 40 mph even though its 35mph. But now that i'm driving as slow as molasses people behind are honking at me and driving around and in front of me. Califronia drivers are so impatient!

Sorry about not passing your test.

Yeah, Californians usualy drive 10-more MPH over the speed limit. No one around here drives the speed limit.

You pretty much have to suck it up and learn to drive the speed limit(slow), drive like that for your test and then drive faster when your test is over with(but don't go crazy). Thats what I do, if I drove the speed limit, I would be getting rear ended all the time.

Also, sometimes passing or failing the test depends on WHERE you take it and the INSTRUCTOR you have. I had a good instructor, so I passed. And of course, practicing helps too. Good luck.
#18 Old 11-29-2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthebaker View Post

I like to drive around 35 miles in residential areas even though the speed limit is 25 mph. And in regular traffic i like to drive 40 mph even though its 35mph.

i do that all the time. there's actually one road that's unmarked and if i drive on it i go up to 70 :O [if it was marked it would probably be 55]

i hope you pass your test next time you take it! i'm going to get my license in 2 weeks. i'm not required to take a test though...
#19 Old 11-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, there's a huge difference in the theory that you learn in driver's ed and what actual drivers do. I was always told to turn into the closet lane and then switch... no one does that! I do drive the speed limit, but if the limit is 40 and traffic is going 45, it's safer to keep up with traffic than have everyone pass you and cut you off. So I just played by the rules until I passed my test.
#20 Old 12-05-2007, 09:03 AM
Veggie Regular

There's nothing to be worried about, I got my license about four months ago.

Check this out, I was driving with the teacher or whatever the guy with the notebook is. We made it to a stop, but a lot of cars kept passing, and they where pressuring me so I would move. I felt the pressure so I did move, then I hear a whistle (The cops!) I totally froze, the guy sitting next to me explained that I was a newly driver. The officer was really nice, and he let us go

Yeah I got pulled by the cops, BUT I DID GET MY LICENSE hahaha

You'll do great....

By the way, I also drive very bad when my parents are in the car, I get really nervous....You'll get better

Good luck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page