What do you take for school lunch? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Assuming everyone here is still in school, I was looking for more veg*n lunch ideas as mine is always majorly crappy...So what DO you pack for lunch?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-03-2006, 03:40 PM

i've been out of school since 2002. but i still pack my lunch for work... my favorite is a simple sandwich made of SmartDeli (i think) lunchmeat (usually turkey style) with mayonaisse (or nayonaisse/veganaisse), lettuce, tomato and cheese (optional). A Dole fruit and gel cup. Veggies. Chips. And a small carton of Silk Chocolate Soymilk.
#3 Old 01-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Yum!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Today I had a chinese stirfry over brown rice: red pepper, baby corn, pea pods, bean sprouts, onion, broccoli, peas (I also added polenta, but you could add tofu) w/ soy sauce, TJs korean bbq sauce and some spices.

ETA: And some fruit and a gingerbread cookie on the side!
#5 Old 01-03-2006, 04:10 PM

I don't really have much time to make lunch, so usually I just make a quick pb&j sammich, or one with hummus, cucumbers, peppers, etc.

I just bought this spiffy little thermos a while ago, so in the winter months i've brought minestrone, split pea soups, or chili.

oh and whenever I have chinese or indian food for dinner I bring the leftovers to lunch, and always an apple or orange.

I used to bring wraps, but then they started to make me feel real sick after lunch. x_x
#6 Old 01-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Veggie Regular

I heat up pasta in a thermos. I usually also have an apple, grapes, and lemonade. I'm never hungry.
#7 Old 01-03-2006, 04:38 PM
Veggie Regular

-On the weekends I cut up vegges(bell peppers, tomatos, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots) and bag them. I freeze them, but the day before I want to bring them, I thaw them in the fridge. I take them with hummus or low fat dressing.

-whole wheat sandwiches with natural pb

-banana

-fruit cups

-raisins

-serving of almonds

-triscuits and cheese

-grapes, apples, and strawberries with fruit dip(just blend cottage cheese, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and a little sugar)

-make a big meal on the weekend so you can take some for lunch
#8 Old 01-03-2006, 06:17 PM

Clif bars are helpful when you don't have time in advance and need to grab something quick.. If you take a soy (or dairy) yogurt, and a piece of fruit with the bar it's a quick, good lunch
#9 Old 01-03-2006, 06:42 PM
Veggie Regular

I forgot about Clif bars! Pretty healthy and so good.
#10 Old 01-04-2006, 01:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm a big fan of hummus sandwiches, salad in a tupperware, VegiDeli (I'm in the UK, iono whether you can get this is America...it might even be American) sage&onion slice sanwiches, bagel with cream cheese/tofutti creamy smooth, or soup in a thermos.

Take chocolate, fruit and a drink, and you're all set.
#11 Old 01-04-2006, 02:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcup View Post

I don't really have much time to make lunch, so usually I just make a quick pb&j sammich, or one with hummus, cucumbers, peppers, etc.

I just bought this spiffy little thermos a while ago, so in the winter months i've brought minestrone, split pea soups, or chili.

oh and whenever I have chinese or indian food for dinner I bring the leftovers to lunch, and always an apple or orange.

I used to bring wraps, but then they started to make me feel real sick after lunch. x_x

Vegetarian jelly, I hope...They all sound SO good!
#12 Old 01-04-2006, 05:13 PM

I usually take some of the following:

crackers

cashews

sandwich -cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, mustard

carrot sticks

clementine

apple

granola/Balance bar

dry cereal

yogurt

dinner leftovers

dried fruit

tofu in some form
#13 Old 01-04-2006, 07:15 PM

japanese bento is great and different its what they pack for lunch in japan and its really neat because you can buy all these fun bento boxes sort of like tupperware and in japan the mothers make the lunches from scratch the night before and refrigrate them I make my own but only when I have time it doesn't have to be anything complicated leftovers are great.
#14 Old 01-05-2006, 11:40 AM

Chex mix (homemade)

Toasted whole wheat bread and hummus

baby carrot

apple juice
#15 Old 01-05-2006, 01:00 PM

I usually eat the school lunches but when I take my own in, I take in some of the following:

A Quorn chicken or ham sandwich

An apple or banana

Carrot sticks

Cereal bar

Yogurt

Chocolate bar or crisps
#16 Old 01-09-2006, 10:36 PM
wow
Banned

our school is pretty good about vegetarain foods, even though im the only one at our schhool, and its a public middle shchool. i usually buy a cheese pizza, bake potato, or u can make a salad in the salad line, along with a big chocolate milk and the occasional cookie or animal crackers. "fake" animal crackers ofcourse. haha
#17 Old 01-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Veggie Regular

I wish my school was like that...our choices are usually 'mystery meat' sub(called ribique or something), cheese pizza with chicken broth sauce, cheeseburger, or fruit salad plate(container of kosher yogurt and 1/2 bagel). There are so many great lunches!
#18 Old 01-14-2006, 04:28 PM

My school is good too, they even have Quorn products But I still prefer to bring in my own lunch though
#19 Old 01-16-2006, 09:17 PM
wow
Banned

i take a tuna sandwich, an apple, and a yogurt drinkable thing. i guess i dont eat that much. oh and sorry the only thing vegan in that is an apple but whaahatever.
#20 Old 01-16-2006, 10:34 PM

I'm really busy so usually it's a peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread, a yogurt, and some fruit. When soccer season is over I'll add some more variety back in.
#21 Old 01-17-2006, 10:27 PM

Usually just a lettuce, tomato, and cheese sandwich on wheat bread, with some fruit or crackers, and lemonade or some other yummy juice, hehe. I'm never very hungry at lunch...if I bring graham crackers they usually end up getting passed around the table lol.
#22 Old 01-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Check out this thread: https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=46936

*Leftover Anything

*Rice with a sauce, beans, leftover potatoes, veggies

*Couscous

*Black bean/Veggie burger with salsa

*PBJ

*PB banana

*Pita with anything in it: veggies, hummus, avacado, tomato, sauerkraut, lettuce, seeds, sundried tomatos, cranberrys, nuts, guacamole<-------my lunch tomorrow

-Falafel

-Dressing

-rice and beans

*Refried bean burrito with vegs and salsa

*Bagel with nut butter and banana

*Muffins/cookies

*Hummus sandwich

*Bean salad

*Tortilla Chips and salsa/guacamole

*Soy cheese and anythign sandwich

*Leftover chili (with a pita)

*Salad with vegs, nuts, fruit, tofu, anything, dressing

*Soup

*Energy Bars

*Soymilk drink boxes

*Sweet Potato

*Tabouli

*Potatos with tomato sauce

-Pasta Salad/leftover pasta

-Grilled hummus sandwich (brush two slices of bread with olive oil and use hummus instead of cheese)

-Grilled anything sandwich-(brush bread w/ olive oil and put on some sort of spread/dressing/guac, lots of sauteed veggies, sauerkraut (kind of like a veggie reuben if you use rye bread), avocado, potato and falafel/bean burger if you want

-Dried Fruit and nuts

And this forum (All veggie ideas): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=47781.0
#23 Old 01-18-2006, 03:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Usually I take a sandwich... tofurky or soy cheese. I make peanut butter and jelly for my boyfriend.
#24 Old 01-18-2006, 09:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Today I was inspired so I got up early to make myself smoked tofu and spinach wrapped in a sprouted grain toritilla, packed it in my lunch bag, got really excited. . .

and left it at home.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page