First time dyeing my hair an unnatural color. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr. H.

#1 Old 06-03-2018, 11:25 PM
A softball catcher

First time dyeing my hair an unnatural color.

I was talking to a few of my best friends on our softball team and they suggested we dye our hair as something crazy we can do before we start our senior year of high school. We were looking through the Arctic Fox website and we decided what color we wanted to dye each of our heads of hair. I decided I wanted to dye my hair purple. I have naturally blonde hair. Would I have to bleach my hair to go purple? Do you have tips for dyeing or know of product to make your color last longer? Do you have any dyeing horror stories like your hair didn't turn out the way you wanted or it turned a completely different color?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-04-2018, 06:32 AM
Veggie Regular

This sounds like a bad idea. You might want to think about this a bit longer. If you are convinced this is something you want to do, you should go up to the next girl you see with purple hair and get her advice. In fact, I think you should talk to several girls with purple hair. Maybe they have their own board or forum. Or talk to your friendly neighborhood hairdresser.

Isn't there an app that you can look at yourself with different hair colors? I think how good it looks depends a lot on skin tone.

One of the check out girls at Trader Joe's has short green/yellow hair. Next time I see her I'll see if she can give me some good advice. BTW, I think it looks good on her. And I doubt if she would get many second glances if her hair was just brown or blonde. On the other hand, she is pretty much referred to as "Amy, you know, the girl with green hair". And sometimes the "Amy" part is left out.
#3 Old 06-04-2018, 12:39 PM
Vegan since 1991

Anime / superhero / supervillain cosplay forums probably include some good advice about dyeing hair blue, purple, and other vivid colors. There are also vividly-colored wigs.

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/

Last edited by David3; 06-04-2018 at 01:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-04-2018, 10:36 PM
A softball catcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H. View Post
This sounds like a bad idea. You might want to think about this a bit longer. If you are convinced this is something you want to do, you should go up to the next girl you see with purple hair and get her advice. In fact, I think you should talk to several girls with purple hair. Maybe they have their own board or forum. Or talk to your friendly neighborhood hairdresser.

Isn't there an app that you can look at yourself with different hair colors? I think how good it looks depends a lot on skin tone.

One of the check out girls at Trader Joe's has short green/yellow hair. Next time I see her I'll see if she can give me some good advice. BTW, I think it looks good on her. And I doubt if she would get many second glances if her hair was just brown or blonde. On the other hand, she is pretty much referred to as "Amy, you know, the girl with green hair". And sometimes the "Amy" part is left out.
I have been thinking about it for a while. Dyeing my hair an unnatural color is something I've wanted to do since one of my best friends dyed her hair light blue and I thought it looked so cool. I know a few girls that have purple hair and they've said to go for it. One of my friend's mom's, who is the hairdresser I go to, she would bleach and dye my hair for me. I would just have to get the dye to do it (which I have). I'll have to look and see if there is a forum. Heck, I'd imagine there is...it's the internet after all, lol :P.
#5 Old 06-04-2018, 10:44 PM
A softball catcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by David3 View Post
Anime / superhero / supervillain cosplay forums probably include some good advice about dyeing hair blue, purple, and other vivid colors. There are also vividly-colored wigs.

I've done some cosplay before. My group of friends are talking about maybe doing a con either this summer or next summer. I'll probably be going as this as a fan of the Batman games...

...or this...

I'm trying to use a Harley Quinn and Catwoman photo from the Arkham games if they don't show.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Catwoman Cosplay.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	349.5 KB
ID:	16292  
Attached Images

Last edited by rylielovessoftball; 06-04-2018 at 11:07 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page