Getting braces and an expander soon. In need of advice! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-25-2018, 10:16 PM
A softball catcher

Thumbs down Getting braces and an expander soon. In need of advice!

My mom took me for a surprise visit to our orthodontist this afternoon. I found out I'll be getting braces and palate expanders on my upper and lower jaws. I also found out I'll be getting a I think its either a forsus appliance or a Herbst appliance. Plus on top of that, I'll be in braces for roughly 42-48 months! EEEK!

I'm terrified to get them because I heard from friends what hell it is to have braces, expanders and a appliance to shift your jaw.

If you currently have any of these or have had any of these, what advice/tips can you give me? What was your experience like with them?

I currently have spacers in and my back teeth and jaw ache so much right now. I just want to rip these things out !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-03-2018, 03:45 AM

LOL! Deal with it! I s'pose it means your parents care for you to go to the expense.
#3 Old 06-03-2018, 09:25 PM
A softball catcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhilosophicalGent View Post
LOL! Deal with it! I s'pose it means your parents care for you to go to the expense.
I am dealing with it. I know my parents care for me especially to spend over 8,000 USD on my mouth. I have the braces now and they hurt so much from about 6 hours after I got them to about Saturday afternoon. Now they still hurt but not as bad as they did since this is like day 4 or 5 of me having them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page