My experience [suicidal thoughts, depression, etc.] - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-31-2004, 05:05 PM

Hey guys. I just wanted to share my experience with suicide/destructive behavior. I started to take medication for depression and started thinking about suicide when I was in middle school. I also started to cut myself. I was in horrible shape.

Funny thing is, I'm not like that at all anymore. Wondering what changed me? Well, I'll let you in on the secret. And all of you who are going through the same hell I was a few years ago, listen up, because I'm gonna tell you how to survive. I did not save myself, but I was saved. Jesus saved me. When I was empty, he filled me with extravagent love. When my heart was broken, he healed it. He's just the greatest! Do any of you realize how much he loves you? He loves each and every one of you so much. He would rather die than live without you. And he did die, but now he's alive! And because of that, you can have forgiveness-ultimate forgiveness-from him, and he'll move all your mistakes as far from you as the east is from the west.

So why wait? Let Jesus pour all his love onto your battered, wounded heart. You will never be the same. I'm certainly not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-01-2004, 01:15 PM
Veggie Regular

excuse me, but do ya have ANY ADVICE FOR THOSE OF US THAT DON'T BELIEVE IN THIS ALLEGED GOD/JESUS?
#3 Old 09-01-2004, 01:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, LotRGirl, I guess different stuff works for different people (not that I agree with the whole Jesus is our savior deal).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-01-2004, 01:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by misq17 View Post

Well, LotRGirl, I guess different stuff works for different people (not that I agree with the whole Jesus is our savior deal).

what I'm askin though is what the differant stuff is...I think about suicide...about sticking my sword through me or stuff like that. I prefer other ways of death though...
#5 Old 09-01-2004, 01:34 PM
Veggie Regular

It made me laugh, but, I won't attack the poor kid. Hey, whatever works for you. Just know that preaching is viewed by most people as extremely annoying, especially when you're totally new on a board.
#6 Old 09-01-2004, 01:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I beleive in jesus. I break all of the rules of the bible though. I guess that makes me a bad person.
#7 Old 09-01-2004, 01:36 PM
Veggie Regular

I beleive in jesus. I break all of the rules of the bible though. I guess that makes me a bad person.
#8 Old 09-01-2004, 01:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerbaboon View Post

though I don't believe in him or the Bible, I don't think that would make you a bad person. What is bad to one person will be differant than what is bad to another person. Remember, you do good things too, like not eating dead animals. the sheep thank you.
#9 Old 09-01-2004, 01:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Jesus, Allah, Buddah, I love you all!
#10 Old 09-01-2004, 02:02 PM
Veggie Regular

religion has helped me in no way whatsoever..

..i find im better off when i stay away from all of that..
#11 Old 09-01-2004, 02:08 PM
Beginner

I, cannot comprehend why a infinitly wise and loving being, would punish. Im a mere human, and I can think of better ways. I view god as a metaphor, that people can always put faith and trust in. and If they need him bad enough they will manifest him for thereselves
#12 Old 09-01-2004, 02:46 PM

"If you want to get your soul to heaven, trust in me now - don't you judge or question, you are broken now but faith can heal you, just do everything I tell you to do." -Opiate by Tool

You can't take the scriptures too literally...they've been through several translations and most of it is probably symbolic. Whoever posted the preachy post...you really shouldn't post things like that, giving instructions on how to "save" yourself from some obvious peril. The boards are opened to any opinion but before you give your own...atleast observe all aspects of things and get other points of view...you never know how people will react to people telling them what is right and wrong.
#13 Old 09-01-2004, 03:04 PM
Banned

um, thanks but really no. I'd rather not let jesus pour his love anywhere on me.
#14 Old 09-01-2004, 03:14 PM

Way to attack a person's belief system, guys.

Granted they were preaching, most of the posts here are uncalled for.
#15 Old 09-01-2004, 04:09 PM
Banned

I didn't mean to be rude or anything, but honestly that person's post offended me. It was preachy and it was trying to convince those who do not believe in jesus to believe in and accept him. I'm sorry, but I'm not ok with people saying that to me, because I would never go up to a christian person and tell them they're wrong, god doesn't exist, any of that. it's rude.
#16 Old 09-01-2004, 04:25 PM

Right. And it wasn't directed to YOU specifically, was it? Nor was it directed to anyone else. They were saying what helped them, and what they believed, which is that Jesus loves everyone, no matter what. Which, and I think it's safe to say, all Christians believe. And you didn't have to read this, right? You CHOSE to do so.

My post wasn't directed at only you either. It was half mod capacity, and half my opinion. The OP did not attack anyone for not believing in God, and they got attacked.

And on that note, I am closing this before it gets ugly. PM me if you have any comments, issues, or questions.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page