pets - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-27-2004, 03:27 PM
Veggie Regular

What kind of pets do you have? And what are their names? If you have pictures of your pets that would be awesome.

I have 4 dogs ... 2 bordercollies ... blond and white hair ... Charlie ((Charliekins and Sissy Poof)) and Max ((maxwell)) 1 hound ... brown, black, and white ... Justin ((justin wustin)) and 1 Chinese Crescent ((sp?)) ... grey, off white, and black hair ... Zenny ((we also call him, Zen, Zen-Zen, Spike))

4 cats .. all mine!

Jazzabelle ((mi loverly )) black and white, with grey. Called Jazzi .. short hair

Belle ... long hair, fluffy, grey, with orange spots ... called Belle-Belle

April ... long hair, fluffy, black and white ... called Apey

Gracie .. kitten ... short hair. ... black and white ... half Siamese ((ears and eyes)) I found her on the street, she was so tiny, and hungry, and dirty. I couldn't help it, I had to take her home. It was funny when I got home. I yelled for my parents, and they came running thinking there was an accident. I was crying for the poor kitty. Now she is just a spoiled, little baddy.

2 bunnies

Thunder Bunny ... small baby bunny ... black and white

Sparky ... big mama bunny ... black and white

and a few fish! not named ... tropical fish ... pretty colors ... blues, reds .. etc!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-27-2004, 04:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I have

Elvis, Misty, Phil, Hallie, Cosmo, Fig, Shadow, Sugar, Cinnamon, Angel, and scuba.

^Cat^Cat ^Cat ^Cat ^Cat ^Cat ^Dog ^Dog ^Bird ^Bird ^Baby Bird
#3 Old 08-27-2004, 04:14 PM
Veggie Regular

wow a lot of pets ...

-Liz ... AIM s/n sjsammiexo17 ... im me anytime, I am always on!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-27-2004, 04:28 PM
Veggie Regular

My personal pets are

1 cat, Yoda

1 iguana, Iggy

3 rats, Herbert, Sherman, and Norbert (the amazing $500 rat)

They are currently making me very poor, but I love them anyway.

My parents (who I still live with) also have two dogs and 3 cats
#5 Old 08-27-2004, 04:29 PM
Veggie Regular

same here! I love all my animals. If I could I would adopt more homeless animals. But I don't have the money, and my parents say I have enough pets!

-Liz ... AIM s/n sjsammiexo17 ... im me anytime, I am always on!
#6 Old 08-27-2004, 04:37 PM
Veggie Regular

I have 5 rottweillers Shadow, Daisy, Apollo, Duke, and Sally. We had to put Jack down to sleep this weekend
#7 Old 08-27-2004, 04:42 PM
Veggie Regular

three birds:

- salsa, cockatiel

- raptor, cockatiel (originally my sister's bird)

- griffin, senegal parrot

one fish:

- masaki, betta

rabbits:

- juniper, mini-lop rabbit

- another rabbit who i haven't officially adopted yet. he was named tangeleno by the person who fostered him, but i might name him tamarack or sequoia. he's a unicorn lop, meaning he has one up ear and one down.

i also have another rabbit from the rescue organization here right now. i took her home with tangeleno to try to bond with juniper, but that hasn't been working out.

and willow, juniper's prior companion, died in march.

(edited to add picture links)
#8 Old 08-27-2004, 07:35 PM
Veggie Regular

i post pix later...

3 dogs- Pippin, Buffy (both chihuahuas), and a maltese- Holly

1 uromastyx lizard(make it 2 or more tomorrow)-Peeper

1 fish(currently missing)-Deagol

5 turtles(red-eared sliders)- Ripley, Wyland, Gollum, Plato Aristotle, and Sirius

Paralet(bird)-Jack

rabbit-roscoe

-getting more lizards tomorrow but I want a chuckwalla

I used to have more but things happened-

ex-

I had 2 hamsters but my dad killed 'em by turning off the heat while they were hibrinating

frog-mom made me let him go, all 3

2 hamsters-ate eachother, ew

3 kittens-died b/c disease since they were strays

lizard-died of ????

dog died recently of heart problem

jhirds(not gerbils or hamsters)-died of a disease not known but infected all of 'em b/c they all died at same time

ect.
#9 Old 08-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzzard View Post

1 Chinese Crescent ((sp?))

chinese crested, probably.
#10 Old 08-27-2004, 07:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotRElfGirl13 View Post

Paralet(bird)-Jack

and as long as i am providing correct spellings, it's probably a "parrotlet." i've heard of people not pronouncing the t in parrotlet, so that's probably what you have.
#11 Old 08-27-2004, 07:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynaffit View Post

and as long as i am providing correct spellings, it's probably a "parrotlet." i've heard of people not pronouncing the t in parrotlet, so that's probably what you have.

no...it IS a paralet.. that's what the guy said and he breeds them... not a parrotlet... paralet.
#12 Old 08-27-2004, 08:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

no...it IS a paralet.. that's what the guy said and he breeds them... not a parrotlet... paralet.

did he tell you it was spelled that way? because there's no such thing as a "paralet." if you don't believe me, try google: parrotlet, paralet

if it looks something like this, it's a parrotlet (it may not look exactly the same, depending on species and subspecies):

http://www.parrotletranch.com/pictur...50/prpc-fc.jpg

also, just because someone breeds an animal, doesn't mean they're very knowledgeable. there are a ton of ignorant breeders out there.
#13 Old 08-27-2004, 09:47 PM
Beginner

currently... 3 horses (Tempest, Cody, Taffy), 1 dog (pixie), 1 cat (beast, see avitar) and 1 cat (keith) who is saddly MIA come back... or be at peace

Our past pets include

2 cats (buddy and buster), 2 dogs (Baron and Rip), 2 horses (Nicky, Arrow), 7 black mollies, 2 hampsters (soccer and spot). May you all rest in peace.
#14 Old 08-27-2004, 10:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynaffit View Post

did he tell you it was spelled that way? because there's no such thing as a "paralet." if you don't believe me, try google: parrotlet, paralet

if it looks something like this, it's a parrotlet (it may not look exactly the same, depending on species and subspecies):

http://www.parrotletranch.com/pictur...50/prpc-fc.jpg

also, just because someone breeds an animal, doesn't mean they're very knowledgeable. there are a ton of ignorant breeders out there.

we also asked around here on pricing and it IS a paralet, there are a lot of breeders and pet stores that DO know this name. and Jack looks nothing like that.
#15 Old 08-27-2004, 10:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

we also asked around here on pricing and it IS a paralet, there are a lot of breeders and pet stores that DO know this name. and Jack looks nothing like that.

you should post a picture, then. i'm curious, since i've never heard of one, and there are no "paralet" breeders to be found by google (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search).
#16 Old 08-28-2004, 01:12 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm so sorry Cissy. I had a dog, until two weeks ago, he was my baby and I love him so much...his name's Buster and there's a pic of him in the gallery. Treasure your pets! well, I'm sure you all do anyway because you may not have them tomorrow.
#17 Old 08-28-2004, 08:16 AM
Veggie Regular

woodentree - Thank you He was a great dog, and we have his sons and daughters still. I'm glad to not see him in that much pain anymore.
#18 Old 08-28-2004, 08:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Shadow, 1 1/2 year old cat, and Rocky (see avatar), 11 3/4 year old golden retriever.
#19 Old 08-28-2004, 05:15 PM
Veggie Regular

*5 dogs

-Tess, black lab/golden retriever mix

-Rudy, Leonberger

-Muffin, Schnoodle

-Basil, Pembroke Welsh Corgi

-Lizzy, Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*About 20 cats: one indoor cat named Eugenie

*5 horses

((If you didn't know this already, my horses are my life. The first two listed are the ones that I do my shows with... they're my babies! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!!))

-Holy O Moses, Appendix (Quarter Horse/Thoroughbred)

-Skunktail, Thoroughbred

-Jus-Dun-It, Quarter Horse/Arabian

-Geppetto, Miniature Donkey

-Blazed Apache, Miniature Horse

*About 35 laying hens

*2 Bantam hens and a Bantam Rooster, and their 5 chicks

*2 ducks

*Conrad Birdie, a little bird of sorts

*an Indigo Bunting (our dog caught it, and with a broken wing it wouldn't have survived, and even now can't fly, so it's got it's own place in the house)

*We've always got owls, hawks, and eagles coming through our house, too... my mum and dad do work with Raptor Recovery (rehabilitating birds of prey for re-release)... and for awhile we had our own burrowing owl (he died of west nile the year the disease first came through Nebraska, sadly) and a Harris Hawk (who was transfered to a raptor centre in Arizona, closer to her natural habitat). It's really cool having these birds come through the house. We had three barn owls that we had in our barn's loft for about 3 weeks while they were getting ready for release not long ago, too.

I love animals
#20 Old 08-28-2004, 05:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebelovedtree View Post

and Norbert (the amazing $500 rat)

I LOVE THAT NAME! Norbert...
#21 Old 08-28-2004, 05:27 PM
Veggie Regular

wow ... I wish I had a horse .. I love them. I just don't have the room!

-Liz ... AIM s/n sjsammiexo17
#22 Old 08-28-2004, 05:42 PM
Veggie Regular

I know... horses are amazing... but you're right, they do require a TON of space, as well as money, time, and care. But they're my life - I love them! Couldn't live without them!
#23 Old 08-28-2004, 06:59 PM
Veggie Regular

ok, just got 2 more lizards! A male and a female. got 'em at the Renaissance Faire. The male is named Smeagol. Anyone got any LotR names for the famale?
#24 Old 08-28-2004, 07:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Cissy, I'm sorry about your dog That's a big deal even if people say it's "just a dog"

As for me...

2 dogs (Cody and Molly )

1 frog (Smiley, cleverly named when I was about 9 years old)

1 parakeet (Bluebelle)
#25 Old 08-28-2004, 08:40 PM
Beginner

<-- Maggie, female Border Collie.

We also have a fish pond with 5 koi and 15 goldfish (slowly increasing as people "give" us their unwanted pets.)

Our family owns a horse. Tundra, Norweigan Fjord.

As well as a kitten- Kici, black and white long hair.

And like HorseGal's parents, I work/volunteer at a Rehabilitation center so there are always wildlife animals in and out of my home. Last one was a skunk, but he was very very temporary.
#26 Old 08-29-2004, 09:55 PM
Veggie Regular

if the boy lizard is Smeagol, then is it stupid to call the girl lizard precious?
#27 Old 08-30-2004, 08:42 AM
Banned

altogether, i have 5 cats.

at my mom's house, we have:

Artemis (who is MY kitty. i looooooooooove her!! she's pretty and grey with orange/green eyes)

Polly (my mom's boyfriend's cat, a little younger and a total pain in the a**. she's brown and white and...well, a mix of colors)

at my dad's house, we have:

Witty (Full name- Kitty Witty Toto Pongo Wendy. funny story. I was 4 when I named him and couldn't decide on a name. we got him when he was tiny and i thought he was a girl so i named him wendy. don't ask me why we thought that. anyways, turns out he was a boy so i felt obligated to name him after movie dogs, apparently. he's black and white)

Alex (big, black, slow, and soooooo nice. eeee kitty! *hugs*)

Sorrel (my stepmother's cat, she's a blue...somethingorother. she's not very friendly and very hairy.)

I like all the kitties that are mine (artemis, witty, and alex) but not really the other ones, who are both mean. i love my kitties!!!!!

#28 Old 08-30-2004, 11:41 AM
bad
Veggie Regular

well lets see right now a dog -Claire Sasha Dickie 4 cats: (oldest to youngest) Brother Boy Dickie, Jingles(jinxs) Bell Dickie, Fire-Ball Dickie, Emma Baby Dickie and how do you add pics???
#29 Old 08-31-2004, 12:22 AM
Veggie Regular

i gots a dog called max (cavalier king charels spaniel)

a hamster called bell

a guinea pig called rex

two rabbits, an english lop called skits and a dutch called tilly (the bunny in my avatar)

and 34 fish
#30 Old 08-31-2004, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad View Post

well lets see right now a dog -Claire Sasha Dickie 4 cats: (oldest to youngest) Brother Boy Dickie, Jingles(jinxs) Bell Dickie, Fire-Ball Dickie, Emma Baby Dickie and how do you add pics???

why is my name a dog's name?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page