Your Social Life - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-05-2004, 07:58 AM
Veggie Regular

I figure I can't be the only teen that doesn't spend time with friends outside of school. So! What are your social lives like? Do you go to parties? Throw parties? Hang with friends? Talk to them on the phone?

Because basically I do none of the above and people here think it's unusual. I see my friends at school. I don't need to see them out of it. That's my thoughts on the deal.

So, share!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-05-2004, 08:18 AM
Veggie Regular

I have a group of friends, a smallish group, bu twe're all together, and we're all good friends, and every now and then, some or all of us will get together.

I do go out on my own very much as well. They can be annoying at times. Shopping with my male friends is annoying - They spend forever contemplating crap. I'm more of an in & out, knowing exactly what I want kinda guy.
#3 Old 08-05-2004, 08:25 AM
Veggie Regular

..i dont really have a social life..all the friends that i enjoy talking to are on line....havent hung out with someone for over a year..kinda like the solitude tho....and work exposes me to more social activities than im comfortable with....so theres no need for any more..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-05-2004, 09:05 AM

Yeah...it's been about half a year since I've actually talked anyone. It bothers you for a while, but that subsides. I guess when I go back to school in the fall, I'll hang out with a group. Just to listen to other human beings expressing thoughts.
#5 Old 08-05-2004, 09:35 AM
Beginner

Right now my social life is pretty blah because everyone is away... But, I do stuff with my friends on a regular basis, when they are around (like everyday). Plus I talk on the phone with them for, sometimes, hours. I've never been to wild party with drinking, drugs, etc.

Although I have friends who I only see in school.
#6 Old 08-05-2004, 09:59 AM
Veggie Regular

I don't really spend time with most of my friends out of school. Once in a while I see my friend Holly (her boyfriend is one of my brother's good friends as well). I go to my drama teachers' house every week, so I see some of my buddies from drama there.
#7 Old 08-05-2004, 10:04 AM
Veggie Regular

My best friend and I are usually doing something. She usually walks to my house or vice versa. I don't see a lot of my other friends all that much, but my sister tends to have smallish get-togethers with friends of hers, and I get along with them quite nicely. There are usually extra people in my house. I have yet to be going to parties and such---most of my friends are my age (15, 16, 17-ish) and aren't really throwing big parties yet, heh. I also don't get out too much 'cause I can't drive and CT law states that once you get your license, you have to be driving alone for 6 months without passengers, so most of my friends can't drive me anywhere.

whoo...that was long-winded.
#8 Old 08-05-2004, 10:51 AM
Veggie Regular

All my friends are anti-social. it's annoying. Myself and a couple of other friends are the only ones who can be bothered doing anything.
#9 Old 08-05-2004, 11:25 AM

My social life is kind of nuts... goes back and forth. A lot of us are in treatment as soon as another gets back sounds crazy, but you know being a teenager and dealing with some kind of issues is basically synonymous, at least for me and my friends. Also, we all have a lot of diff. interests, so even if I love hanging out with them, i need my alone time too. I love to work out and be outside, etc. A lot of them like to be inside and smoke pot. heh. see the conflict?
#10 Old 08-05-2004, 11:27 AM
Veggie Regular

hmm i'm 17 will be 18 soon

i have a few good friends, but they're in their early and mid 20's

they're great

i have a pretty good friend at school (college) but we hardly see each other out of school, mostly b/c my boyfriend hates him lol

once or twice a year i'll see my highschool friends, some i haven't seen since i graduated

but the parties with old people definetly suck, because when they invite other people in their mid 20's it can be a bit boring .... i think they're getting old

like they just walk around and talk to each other, which i don't really consider a party

party is where you get drunk, dance and play ******* ... or something like that anyway

but all my free time i spend with my boyfriend and we have our own private parties
#11 Old 08-05-2004, 11:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Mine is weird. I haven't been to school for about 2 years, so I don't have any friends from school. I have maybe 3 friends that I've known since I was a baby, we barely speak though. And I have a bunch of friends that I've just randomly met, at concerts or at TV show tapings and whatever, so we hang sometimes, go to shows and whatever. And that's pretty much it. I do most things alone. I agree, the solitude is nice. A lot of the time I just don't have the patience for people. Haha that sounds awful, but basically that's the deal.
#12 Old 08-05-2004, 12:09 PM
Veggie Regular

i have no friends and go nowhere with anyone other than my boyfriend. i live with him and he's pretty much the only person i talk to ever at all, unless some random person asks me something, or i have to talk to a cashier or someone in an office, or a TA. most days i have no interaction with anyone else.
#13 Old 08-05-2004, 01:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I went away to my dads for a month but got to see some of my old friends that I hadn't seen in a year or more, I love seeing them again because we just fall into step and talk and laugh like we used to.

When I came back a few days ago, I felt really weird and left out because the group of about 10 girls or so I hang out with everyday at school had done a lot of stuff while I was gone. I feel like they all have a secret joke or something that I'm not in on.

But we organize trips to the mall and to the movies regularly and I don't really talk to anyone on the phone or get together with one person.
#14 Old 08-05-2004, 02:28 PM
Veggie Regular

no social events, no parties/dances, barely any friends that I'm with outside school except at their b-day and barely any friends at all. (Catgurrl987, LOVE the Avatar!)
#15 Old 08-05-2004, 02:35 PM

umm i have a group of friends that i hang out with and then my best friend... but i lost my main group of best friends this year..... and my being vegan was one reason for losing them....
#16 Old 08-05-2004, 04:01 PM
Beginner

Soc.... Societies? Oh, Social.... yeah I didn't know that word in HS. I saw my friends at school, sometimes on weekends, and hardly ever during the summer. It's only been since starting college that I've learned that friends and leaving the dorms are necissary. And even then it took me a whole quarter followed by an extremely lonely intership term to realize that I have to make better connections and be more open with people. Since getting back to school a month ago, I've strangthened several of my relationships, opened up my mind to doing new things without losing my identity and I'm much more comfortable with myself as a person. Basically it took 12 weeks of only being around co-workers and occationally with my long distance boyfriend to realize how much I really need people for emotional stability now that I'm on my own.

Parties.... I went to a party last week as a DD. I had fun, was really tired and sore from dancing the next day. I prefer drinking coffee for hours with my friends.

Cheers,

Kim
#17 Old 08-05-2004, 04:03 PM

Ahhhh! Too much Orlando Bloom!

I don't hang out with people outside of school very often unless we left school together and are wasting time. I'm in a peer education/acting group so that's pretty much most of the rest of my social time. Once in a while I'll go to a concert or a movie with someone or a group. That's about it for me.
#18 Old 08-05-2004, 04:22 PM

PAAAAARTIES. Most (pretty much all) Saturdays I either stay at my best-friends house, or she stays at mine. Then some of our friends come around and pick us up. We drink and stuff and go to parties. Next weekend we are sort of throwing one.. Its not at either of our houses but the girl that is having it insists to everyone that it's our party not just hers.. so meh. In the last 2 months I've been to a party/drinking 7 times...
#19 Old 08-05-2004, 05:59 PM

I'm not a party girl. In fact, I kinda hate parties, unless they're really laid back. Like, for my birthday, I went out to eat with a couple of really close friends, then we went to an... *ahem* shop, then driving around being silly, went to a store and bought some lingerie , then we hit up a Wendy's, we had some food (I love french fries), and we chilled out in the park, ate there, and took tons of pics.

Typically we just go out to movies, or out to eat, malls, laser tag, or something along those lines.. If they go clubbing or something, I don't tag along. I hate clubbing!

During school, I didn't go out that much.. but now that it's summer I like seeing my friends. They're awesome.
#20 Old 08-05-2004, 08:43 PM

my therpist diagnosed me as anti social.

i think that sums it up.
#21 Old 08-05-2004, 11:23 PM
Veggie Regular

My social life is pretty much non existant. in middle school and part of freshman year i was always spending the night at my best friends' houses and a group of us would hang out at someones house, but that group split up and well...

I wish I went out and did all that stuff, but I dunno. I guess I just got used to being alone and have made myself not mind it that much. I see friends at school, but weekends, sleep in, do homework.

I think this weekend will make a record for me. marathon like. doing something 2 weekends in a row, with one of my friends.
#22 Old 08-05-2004, 11:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Out of school, I still se my friends a decent amount. I have a few really close friends that I hang out with a lot and they tend to invite other friends so we get gatherings of about 15 or so just going to hang out at the mall or movies on the weekends or at night. There isn't really much to do around here, mall, movies, arcade/ice skating/laser tag. My friends are pretty laid back, sometimes we just get together at a fast food joint or informal food place and just sit and talk for a few hours.

I hate talking on the phone but I live on AIM
#23 Old 08-06-2004, 07:08 AM
Veggie Regular

I live out of town were I live, the town sucks and I make it my best to leave soon. If one of my friends came to the door with a case of beer (vegan friendly) I would be on my way. I just don't always make good plans. To be honest (as dumb as it sounds seeing as I just graded) I just want to go to post secondary right now move and go back to school. Start a freakin' life.
#24 Old 08-06-2004, 09:21 AM
Veggie Regular

Misq ~ I also hate talking on the the phone, but i hate talking on AIM too. I really like to see people in the flesh.
#25 Old 08-06-2004, 07:01 PM
Veggie Regular

nowadays, i'm either at one friend's house, or at one other friend's house. i don't see much outside of them, but i don't mind. it's nice
#26 Old 08-06-2004, 08:53 PM

I only have like one friend around here...and even she lives an hour away, lol. I used to have more, but because of a very mean ex-friend spreading rumors about me...well...you get the point! One of the neighbor girls is veggie (she used to be one of my friends also), but now that she is *goth* she refuses to hang out with anyone but *her kind*...whatever...
#27 Old 08-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate it when people stereotype people. It's stupid to me to only hang out with "your own kind". I'm considered the Elf-Vegetarian-Goth-Freak around here. But I still hang out with others that aren't considered that b/c I think society sucks. But I rarely hang with anyone anyway. I shut myself away from the world and it's evilness and avoid social gatherings. Just like to be alone away from everyone so I can just think/daydream.
#28 Old 08-06-2004, 11:11 PM
Veggie Regular

so you mingle outside of your "classification" just because you think society sucks?
#29 Old 08-07-2004, 11:08 AM

yeah, i know what you mean. i rarely go to parties, i don't like being around obnoxious drunk people all the time. so i usually sit in my room and cry about how i have no friends and no social life. haha and no i'm not kidding. i've got one friend i hang out with most of my time outside of school.. and one that i sometimes do. and then i have my boyfriend who works 7 at night until 7 in the morning and sleeps the rest of the day, so i don't see him much. i know how you feel though. i'm pretty content with having no friends though.

lys.
#30 Old 08-07-2004, 11:16 AM
Veggie Regular

then why do you cry?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page