Your Social Life - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 08-07-2004, 12:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkpumpkin View Post

so you mingle outside of your "classification" just because you think society sucks?

as in, I think the rules of society(being with your classification only, being one of the rules) suck and I don't follow them. They will not bend my will. Besides, there are NO people who would go into my classification anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 08-07-2004, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkpumpkin View Post

then why do you cry?

because you can only be content with being alone for so long. and most of the time i am content with it. just not always. everyone's human.
#33 Old 08-07-2004, 12:27 PM
Veggie Regular

^^^ mmm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 08-08-2004, 12:26 AM
Veggie Regular

I go out pretty often, but I'm just as comfortable staying home. I've stayed home my fair share fo saturday nights, but I really like being around people, so I'll usually do something like go to the club/gym or go grocery shopping, anything as long as there are other people around me. The reason I avoiud a lot of parties around here is because most of them involve either drinking or pot, and while I don't have a problem being around people who are dirnking, it gets boring beign the sober one all the time. I would have people over if not for the fact that my house has almost no where to hang out. It's roomy and all, but it all kind of flows together so there's no privacy
#35 Old 08-08-2004, 03:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Untill about two weeks ago i would go out with friends maybe once every 6 months, since leaving school i lost contact with most of them them, plus with working full time i would come home and just want to chill, but over the last two weeks i have been out, 5 or 6 times! it rocks! i can't remember when i last felt this happy. We went to the cinema, went bowling, hung around town, went to the beach etc. I think the main reason i stopped going out in the first place was because everyone was obsessed with getting drunk, and finding boy friends, and that's not me! but now its cool we are planning to go camping together at the end of the month!
#36 Old 08-08-2004, 03:12 PM

No other Elf-LOTR-Freak-Veggie-Goths, eh? I think we are fairly steryotypically similar. ^_^ I wish you went to my school. ( however, I am more of a Hobbit-hippie.. perhaps a goth if you pushed it.) But.. anyways.

As far as my social life goes... eh, it use to be non-existent all the way through Elementary and Middle School. I prefer to be alone then mingle with people I don't like, to daydream/read/write. But, when I went to Highschool, I meet a lot of friends who were somehow similar to me, ( we're the 'mislead intellect' group of our school) and now we stay up late into the nights discussing the meaning of life.

And, that's my story. *nods contentedly
#37 Old 08-08-2004, 03:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm not a big fan of going out on weekends or every night. I definitely prefer being home alone instead of going out with friends. And school dances? I went to homecoming the last two year but had no fun at all. I'm likely not going this year, dances are just boring to me.
#38 Old 08-08-2004, 04:51 PM
Veggie Regular

we're all becomming very reliant on vb for communication with the outside world is this a good thing????

me i have my boyfriend ever since day one its been us against the world we do everything together when we are not working and rarely have time for anyone else. except my mum she is my best friend and we hang out all the time together she is so cool
#39 Old 08-08-2004, 08:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollypop View Post

we're all becomming very reliant on vb for communication with the outside world is this a good thing????

how's it a bad thing? We're communicating with the "inside virtual world" if you wanna call it that.
#40 Old 08-22-2004, 06:26 PM
Veggie Regular

I have a huge group of friends in school. Its nice to talk, and chill at school with them. But I don't really spend a lot of time with most of them out of school. I have maybe 2 or 3 friends that I am almost always with. I don't like talking on the phone either, for me theres always those awkward silences. I mostly talk to them on AIM. And of course I spend a good amount of time with my boyfriend.

-liz
#41 Old 08-22-2004, 06:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I have a nice social life in vegas. But in california, forget it..
#42 Old 08-22-2004, 06:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly View Post

Do you go to parties? Throw parties? Hang with friends? Talk to them on the phone?

1) Yes, in vegas.

2) No, I just go to parties, in vegas.

3) Hell yeah, but in vegas!

4) Yeah, I talk on the phone with my friends who are in vegas.
#43 Old 08-22-2004, 07:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Do you go to parties? Throw parties? No real parties, per se, unless they're birthday parties or something. In which case my friends and I basically just walk around and hit up the parks for quality swinging and sliding. Good clean fun I don't really throw parties.

Hang with friends? Sometimes, but not too often.

Talk to them on the phone? Generally only if we set up a time to meet for hanging out.

I would personally rather stay at home with the dogs and VB than go out with friends all day/night. Glad to see I'm not the only one!
#44 Old 08-22-2004, 07:52 PM
Veggie Regular

no social life whatsoever unless you count me talking and arguing with myself, the posters and cardboard standees in my room. I feel like Smeagol/Gollum. I should call myself a differant name then.
#45 Old 08-22-2004, 08:25 PM
Veggie Regular

I have a small group of friends. About 8 people who I can call friends, but depite it only bein ga few, these are people who I can actually call friends. And by friends, I mean, they are pretty much family.
#46 Old 08-22-2004, 08:29 PM
Veggie Regular

i have 6 or 7 people that I can call friends that are humans anyway.
#47 Old 08-22-2004, 08:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Lately I've been pretty content with the whole force myself to go out and meet people rather than being in school thing, although sometimes I do imagine what it would be like to go back to school in September and meet people my age (instead of making random friends of all ages & walks of life through concerts & going to protests & working & volunteering). But for ex. a friend that I met at a show and I went to a party last night, thrown by someone I met through volunteering, the organization which I'd found out about at another show. And in July a friend that I'd met at a show and I took a trip to California... for a bunch of shows. Haha, my life is odd. But I wouldn't have it any other way.
#48 Old 08-24-2004, 07:04 PM
Beginner

I hang out with the skaters, theres about 7 of us.. but I suck ass at skating so I cant really brag...
#49 Old 08-25-2004, 03:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly View Post

I figure I can't be the only teen that doesn't spend time with friends outside of school. So! What are your social lives like? Do you go to parties? Throw parties? Hang with friends? Talk to them on the phone?

Because basically I do none of the above and people here think it's unusual. I see my friends at school. I don't need to see them out of it. That's my thoughts on the deal.

So, share!

That describes me to a T. Yay! I'm not the only one!
#50 Old 08-25-2004, 08:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Social life?? Errr....I dunno 'bout that one...

You see, in junior high, I fell in love with a certain Ed. From then until, hmmm....around the end of 11th grade I'll say, I was in pretty hot and heavy with Ed. I spent all my time, energy, and resources either with Ed or thinking about Ed. I did whatever Ed wanted to do, and went wherever Ed wanted to go (though certain trips were unsavory at times, yes). I had little to no time to spend outside of my relationship with Ed (besides maybe at school or work).

You see, with a friend like Ed, who needed enemies??

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#51 Old 08-25-2004, 05:35 PM
Veggie Regular

So, are you and Ed still together?
#52 Old 08-25-2004, 07:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountessKerouac View Post

So, are you and Ed still together?

That was actually just a euphamism...but you got that, right???

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#53 Old 08-26-2004, 10:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Social life? Me? What social life?

I generally don't hang out w/ anyone from school outside of school, I guess for some reason I don't. I'm just weird about calling people up, it's not that I don't have friends. Oh well. I'm happy with my life anyway.
#54 Old 09-01-2004, 09:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, this is the thread I said already existed about social skills.
#55 Old 09-01-2004, 10:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
What are your social lives like? Do you go to parties? Throw parties? Hang with friends? Talk to them on the phone?

I occasionally go to parties. I spend a lot of time with my friends, at school but sometimes we go out for dinner or to the movies...not a lot else. lol, when my friends try to call me I'm pretty much always on the net so they've given up. Going out sometimes is fun but I'd rather stay at home and spend some quality time with the computer or a book.
#56 Old 09-04-2004, 02:33 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm making new friends at school now. Tweakers unite!
#57 Old 09-04-2004, 02:42 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm homeschooled, so I don't see any of my friends on a day-to-day basis (just you guys). I'm in a bunch of groups/clubs, though, (I take piano, biology, volleyball, softball, spanish [going to..haven't started yet], 4H, and just some other homeschool clubs) so I see my friends (not the same ones all the time, though) 3-4 days a week...which is enough, lol. I used to have one great friend that I would call about 10 times a day, but that's a long story....Now I just have a few OK friends. I'm actually spending the night at her house and using her computer, so I gotta go.
#58 Old 09-04-2004, 06:32 PM
Veggie Regular

theres a few people i associate with at skool.

but i never raelly hangout with anyone.

have one really close inernet friend stho..hehe..

..not really into the whole socializing thing..

dint really have enough socialk skills..
#59 Old 09-04-2004, 07:51 PM
Banned

I hate people and choose iscolation. It works for me. All I need is the trees, the paper and pencil, and the Orlando Bloom pictures.
#60 Old 09-05-2004, 04:54 AM

I'm homeschooled and I live next to a bunch of idiots...so friends aren't something I have a lot of. But it sucks not having people to talk to so I'm trying now. And I haven't met many great people yet so it's hard.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page