minor frustration - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-05-2004, 06:03 AM
Veggie Regular

seems this dillinger four concert at the end of them month that i'm dying to see is an 18+ event, and i just happen to still be a minor at 17 (i'll be 18 in november, dammit) so has anyone had experience with these kinds of things before? I have a feeling if i show up that night, i might still be able to get a ticket. i mean, this is a punk venue afterall. but, you can't be too sure, ya know? has anyone had any experience weaseling their way into something like this? I don't have an older brother or anything, so i don't know anyone whose license i could borrow that looks like me, does anyone have any tips?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-05-2004, 10:04 AM
Veggie Regular

No useful ideas here, but I'm 19, yet I look about 13, so I never leave w/o my ID.
#3 Old 07-05-2004, 10:23 AM
Veggie Regular

i am in the same situation, but mine is a little bit easier b/c i don't have any money anyway lol

i wanna see Carl Cox wicked wicked bad when he's coming to Boston in July, and all my friends are going, and i'm not gonna be 18 till August ...

they said if you give the people at the door a little "tip" with your licence they might get you in .... but of course they might NOT and then what the **** would i do ?

but as you said, it's a punk thing so let's hope the people at the door let you in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-05-2004, 12:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Heheh..in vegas I had a fake i.d.
#5 Old 07-05-2004, 12:52 PM

Hmmmm.....Depends if it's cheap...cos you don't wanna waste the money if you don't get in!

I went to an over 18 concert, I was 16...so.....

But what you could do is....Ask about and see if there would be anyone willing to come up quickly and go in your places and give you, say a bit of the money, but not the whole ticket price...just incase you don't get in....therefore the ticket you'll have bought was not a waste!

Opps, I am assuming it's a gig where you have to buy the tickets in advance?

Hope you understand me...
#6 Old 07-05-2004, 02:49 PM
Veggie Regular

No, it's not, i would buy tickets at the door
#7 Old 07-05-2004, 03:42 PM

Oh well in that case, I suppose you could just give it a try?

I think you could get away for 18...
#8 Old 07-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Veggie Regular

oh damn, i sympathize....I hate age barriers.

except my qualm is not being able to get a job----not 16 yet.

i would suggest just making an attempt to get in.

I think that if it's currently the year of your 16th birthday you should be able to be employed, and if it's the year you turn 18, you're legal. it's really not fair for people (Ilike you & me) who are born later in the year but have just as much (and maybe more) maturity than others with an earlier birthday. it's b.s.

sorry about the rantage.

ETA: I'm a november baby too!
#9 Old 07-07-2004, 04:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Borrow a friend's non-photo ID
#10 Old 07-07-2004, 05:51 PM
Veggie Regular

I once got into a bar with a fake ID. I was with my sister and her boyfriend and another guy, and the guy just kept talking with the person checking ID while I slipped by. I'm guessing if you look 18 they won't bother carding you, unless they want to be *******s
#11 Old 07-07-2004, 06:51 PM
Veggie Regular

So many naughties around here...

#12 Old 07-08-2004, 06:15 AM

Yea, I got into a club without id when i was nearly 17....I think nirvana you could get away for 18...you don't look really young or anything...give it a go
#13 Old 07-08-2004, 12:09 PM
Veggie Regular

another vote here for trying!
#14 Old 07-08-2004, 04:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh yeah, i was planning on trying of course, i was more looking for advice on actually getting in, like, if anyone has talked their way in before. but yeah, i have a feeling i'll be able to get in.
#15 Old 07-09-2004, 08:23 AM

Hmmm I didn't really talk my way in...I just went with my older brother...of course tho when I was asked my D.o.b I stuttered! haha...but the bouncer just looked at me and then sorta motioned his head towards the door!

Just act confident I suppose and say you haven't got your drivers license thru the post yet or something!!
#16 Old 07-21-2004, 05:20 PM
Beginner

I wanted to be on the Nintendo Street Team this summer, but u had to be 18 and im two years short. You get paid $100.00 a day doing that too.
#17 Old 07-21-2004, 08:55 PM
Veggie Regular

They shouldn't rate or do things by age b/c you may be 10 and have the mind/maturity of a 21 yr old or if your 17 but mature enough to be 18. oh well guess they have to do this since they don't know our maturity.

Mind over matter.

Maybe you could put on something to make you look older. otherwise you've got a few options,

-fake or borrowed ID

-just try getting in

-building a time machine, getting tickets in the future at age 18 or over and coming back to your own age.
#18 Old 07-21-2004, 09:04 PM

There was a concert on yesterday I wanted to go to (pretty much all gigs are R-18 here.. cause they are in bars..), but anyway during the day we actually met a guy outta the band.. and he said he'd put us on the door list XD. But we couldn't go anyway.. so it didn't matter.

But other than that just hang around outside, beg, then look sad..

Maybe it works better for girls though because most of the time the person on the door is male. Haha.
#19 Old 07-21-2004, 11:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Maybe you should ask around and see if anyone you know has gone to the venue, and how strict the place is with ID checking. I've gone to a lot of age restricted venues - 21+ ones, often they're fine if you tell them you're not drinking, and even offer to pay a small fee for the lost drinks, LOL. Also depends on where you are. I'm in NYC so it's not hard to find places that aren't to strict.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page