Let's see some creativity, teens! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-17-2004, 02:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Ok so who here paints? Who draws? Who sings? Who's a writer? Who's in a band? Who dances? Who knits/crochets? Who likes crafts? Who makes websites? Who grabs forks from the cafeteria and turns it into weird melty sculptures? You do! Maybe...

Lets share all the creative things we do!

I knit, crochet, do a lot of overall crafts, write, and sing. And I draw badly hehehe. I'll post pics sometime but for now, I just wanted to get the ball rolling. So spill it...what do ya'll do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-17-2004, 02:21 PM

I write, sing, and attempt to draw (though I'm a painfully bad artist). I'm planning on learning to play guitar soon, but then again that's been on the to-do list for a few years now.
#3 Old 04-17-2004, 02:49 PM
Veggie Regular

I draw and paint pretty well, as well as sew (I want to go into fashion design). I can do a few other things, like sculpture, plaster carving, knitting, and interior design. I can web design pretty well too, but I don't like it.

ETA - I forgot to add - I can sing okay. And I love to dance, but I'm not the greatest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-17-2004, 02:53 PM
Veggie Regular

I knit, I am learning to crochet, I can embroider pretty good. I draw horribly, but I have a huge collection of coloring books that i use on a regular basis.
#5 Old 04-17-2004, 03:30 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm a man of many talents. Well, I have only two: one is that I can lick my own armpit, and the other is that I can play guitar.
#6 Old 04-17-2004, 03:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey Loki, I can lick my armpit too!

I can knit and crochet pretty badly, I like to think that I can write decently, and I play tenor sax and am in the process of teaching myself piano.
#7 Old 04-17-2004, 03:46 PM
Beginner

Lol. Loki, you made my day. Sad as I am, now I'll have to try that.

Anywho, I've got the little runoffs of everyone's talents, so I do a lot of things......just not very well. Here's a listiano, gardening, drawing, cooking, singing, swimming, running, and anything else I can't think of. I just like to do these. I'm not very good.
#8 Old 04-17-2004, 03:53 PM
Veggie Regular

I can paint, draw and write pretty well. Out of all of them, my writing is the best. I can dance like some kind of freak,(hehe) and I guess I can sing alright, but i don't think i'd really like to display it. perhaps I'll post some of my pictures or poetry sometime.
#9 Old 04-17-2004, 04:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Erm creative things I do, well i paint/doodle/draw a lot, i find it a great way of releasing my thoughts without speaking. I love playing around in photoshop and creating btvs fan art (omj did i actually admit that....hehe) and i also LOVE designing websites, I have designs for websites all over my computers and room, I just make up designs for fun and never use them, i once tried uploading a website but i am way too disorganized to update more than every three years or so. Besides that I can sew and i like sticking crazy stuff on my wall and creating "modern art" out of rubbish in business studies classes oh and i sing in the shower, so i think thats it for my creativity.
#10 Old 04-17-2004, 04:12 PM
Veggie Regular

I can lick my armpit (yes I just tried ^^) but I don't know why I'd want to
#11 Old 04-17-2004, 04:25 PM
Beginner

im in 3 or 4 bands. i play bass mostly but i can also play guitar okay (i can play what i like to play, but not much else) and i just started learning drums. its funny because i can ONLY play fast. i can't play under 120 bpm or so for some reason. i can draw halfway okay, but i'm way out of practice. i like silkscreening (no, they dont use actual silk anymore). i am currently pursuing a degree in visual communications, so most of my life is consumed by graphic design. oh, and i like to make spray paint stencils, but i've never painted them on anything but paper.
#12 Old 04-17-2004, 06:36 PM
Veggie Regular

I like filming/acting in movies. I borrow a digital camcorder from school and do the editing at home. I've done things like music videos, commercials, comedies, etc. Over the summer I'm planning to help a friend of mine make a movie out of this pretentious, melodramatic screen play he wrote. =)
#13 Old 04-17-2004, 06:43 PM
Veggie Regular

I, too, can lick my armpit.

My "specialty" is political debating, especially the Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territories.
#14 Old 04-17-2004, 07:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Anyone can lick their armpit, bu tI'm about the only one who isn't disgusted by it. Except when you wear deodorant. I've had some bad experiences with deodorant and licking in the past. The taste can linger for up to five days, no matter how many curries you eat.

Now, this is what I call talent. I might give this a go actually. What could be better than a couple of Russian guys playing the theme to Pulp Fiction on guitar? Well, umm, after watching this, very little:

http://www.coconut.se/indefinit/kay_..._guraskola.WMV
#15 Old 04-17-2004, 07:26 PM
Beginner

loki, your link doesn't work. sounds like it would be cool though.
#16 Old 04-17-2004, 08:21 PM

I sew.. but I haven't for a while.. I've run out of material.. But I might get some more after I get paid

Oh and also I love acting, and doing make-up (stage make-up)!
#17 Old 04-17-2004, 08:36 PM

i write poems..i wrote one awhile back, maybe ill post it for all to see! i can dance like no other! Ill be the only one dancing, i dont care! Um... im taking 4 art classes next year, i also sing sometimes. im a singer/violinist in a band...dont ask how that happened. um...and my boy plays guitar like a mad man! and all my friends are musically inclined..maybe ill post a song one of them sang/wrote and played. but yes.

Rebel Girl

if you wanna hear what i sound like, i posted it in the veggie patch.
#18 Old 04-17-2004, 09:42 PM
Veggie Regular

I can play piano, sing okay, art in general is also OKAY..sometimes. I play 3rd base (softball), wonderful at bossing people around (my favorite), making websites (HTML is realy cool), do the ABCs backwards in 3.5 seconds (even though it's very hard to understand), flip my tongue backwards, twist it and about 5 other really weird tricks, list all the presidents in order and can actually tell the difference between them, do straddle jumps on the trampoline, hold a split of over 2 minutes (OWW!!), speak some Chinese and Latin, run non-profit, tax-exempt rescue group AND lick my armpit (without getting grossed out)
#19 Old 04-17-2004, 09:45 PM
Veggie Regular

I write (mainly poetry, few stories, monologues, stuff like that).

Apparently I'm pretty decent at art... I draw a lot, done a few paintings etc.

One painting i did at school using this kid Kyle as a model, and his Mum saw the painting and without knowing that he was the model, said she wanted to buy it because it looked like him. I thought that was cool.

Oh and I play alto sax... used to be pretty good (was in the school jazz band) but have moved schools and do not practise anymore.

And Loki - that link was cool! I was worried about that guy's fingers though.
#20 Old 04-17-2004, 10:24 PM
Beginner

Writing(poetry/stories/anything), painting, drawing, photographing, fashion-ness-ing, singing and playing loads of instruments and cooking are my creative abilities.

I'm a little scared to lick my armpit though.
#21 Old 04-17-2004, 10:43 PM
Beginner

i've played the violin for a long time, i like to draw, i run track, am on a rock-climbing team, and have a scarily flexible back (i can do a backbend and then put my elbows on the floor and grab my feet. it's really wierd!) among other things.
#22 Old 04-17-2004, 11:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Ouch, greenbean that sounds like it would be painful

As for me, I have no artistic talent whatsoever, unless you count making my calculus problems look pretty artistic
#23 Old 04-17-2004, 11:49 PM
Veggie Regular

i write. constantly. let's see.. i sing, i play guitar, i draw.. then i write some more and um.. i cook a lot. some of those recipes get rather, um, creative, so i guess that counts. and i bought a sewing machine awhile ago, and have been meaning to get into clothing creation.

but mostly i just write
#24 Old 04-17-2004, 11:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownieB26 View Post

As for me, I have no artistic talent whatsoever, unless you count making my calculus problems look pretty artistic

haha, right on!

that makes me think of something else to add to my creative talents -- drawing pretty pictures on the graphing screen of my ti-83 plus!
#25 Old 04-18-2004, 12:46 AM
Veggie Regular

hmm I sing, dance....and I write but that's a secret hobby.
#26 Old 04-18-2004, 12:52 AM

This is you. Dead rags on the floor, slut roses and pure deviance.

My corpse is just as alive as you. This is you. You sell death easier than a whore sells herself. My blood mixes with the decay of your heart, pumping it back to life. Shards and Shards and Shards of me bring you back, but i lay dying. Red and Gold, Silver and Blue. This is you. The face among the broken mirrors and shattered minds and burned bridges. This is you. There is no THEY. There is only us. Come back to me, with your decaying heart, and ill be you again. I will hide in your eyes, be the blood under your skin. Forever be mine, no one can posses you like i have. No one will, while i am here, holding my flames in my fingertips and my hatred in my palms. You have nothing to fear. My breath is weapon, stronger than the biggest bomb. This is you.

hey i hope you guys like.
#27 Old 04-18-2004, 01:54 AM
Veggie Regular

My poetry sucks, but here's a bit:

La Poema Del Sol

"You are my waking limb

pins and needles

and a fluttering heart

A vast array of emotions coursing through a vast array of veins

I'd name them all had I more than a moment's breath

I'd place a chaste kiss on your lips had I the time to find you

You are my waking limb

pins and needles

my fluttering heart

You are the sunset I painted into my bedroom in hopes the day would never leave

and still I waste my constant 24 hours wondering

why time moves so slowly when you're not here"

There ya go. And guys, fell free to post pics of your art. Here or on a site or I'll even post it on my server if Micheal has a prob with bandwidth. Keep it coming
#28 Old 04-18-2004, 07:37 AM
Veggie Regular

I play the piano, though not very well. I used to be very interested (and good!) when I was younger, but since I stopped taking lessons, my talent has dropped. However, I have retained a few good songs... Moonlight Sonata, Für Elise, and a handful of Disney tunes.

I draw and paint at my school... again, not fantastically, but I have fun.

I'm in theatre as well. In the past year, I've been in 6 productions!!

I also like web design (HTML) and graphics editing (PS, PSP).
#29 Old 04-18-2004, 07:38 AM
Veggie Regular

I love the poetry, gals!!
#30 Old 04-18-2004, 08:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuko View Post

haha, right on!

that makes me think of something else to add to my creative talents -- drawing pretty pictures on the graphing screen of my ti-83 plus!

Ha, I do that all the time!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page