VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   The Teen Forum (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/32-teen-forum/)
-   -   Teens: What did you eat today? (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/32-teen-forum/12214-teens-what-did-you-eat-today.html)

maple_syrup 02-15-2004 03:10 PM

okay okay i know the grown-ups had a thread like this a while ago but i didnt read it b/c 1)it was 4 pages long and im insanely lazy and 2) theyre grownups and can go buy food at cool places and ont have to rely on what their mother picks up for them at the kroger natural foods section. and i also think that we as teens need our own thread like this because...we're cool , and to the general public we're known as junk food junkies so...what did you eat today?

VeganChick15 02-15-2004 06:01 PM

Yay good idea maple_syrup!! I go first!!

hmm breakfast- toast w/ jelly and ahh this is hurting my head i cant remember what else I'll move on

Snack- a yummy green pear and some cookie dough that i need to bake

Lunch- Pasta with tofu articokes sun-dried tomatos and olive oil

Snack- Another Pear and pretzels

Dinner- More pasta!!

wow that was hard my head hurts now

outbackbaby 02-15-2004 08:00 PM

i like this idea...

brekkie: 1 slice whole wheat bread w/ peanut butter

snack: 1 jolly rancher lollypop

lunch: 1.5 cups brown long grain rice w/ salsa, cilantro, and corn mixed through

snack: freshly squeezed orange juice

dinner: havent had it yet, but i think i'll make a pizza for everyone (omni parents, omni bro, self)

snack: peanut butter on wheat bread (we have a bunch of fresh peanuts....i think i want to try making some peanut butter)

iceflower 02-15-2004 10:49 PM

yesterday

B: oatmeal

S/L: vanilla chiller (coffee)

L/D: gnocchi (with tomato sauce)

Was working long hours so it wasn't very normal eating.

VegiBoB 02-16-2004 02:10 AM

yesterday-

breakfast-one piece of toast with soya spread, a cup of tea (made with soya milk) and biscuits

lunch-cheatin' chicken sandwich with egg free mayo and lettuce and a packet of crisps

snack-lettuce, cucomber, tomato, peanuts and grapes

tea-country vegetable soup and a banana

raylea 02-16-2004 07:56 AM

I was on a greek-kick yesterday:

Breakfast- bowl of oatmeal, cantaloupe

Lunch- salad w/ feta and olives, handful of m&ms

Snack- almonds

Dinner- ww pita w/ hummus, carrot sticks

Snack- strawberries

maple_syrup 02-16-2004 08:12 AM

ha i didnt post what i ate cuz i didnt eat all my meals when i started the thread. hmm...

Breakfast-cereal and silk, oj, half a banana

lunch-hummus sandwich!!! i wanted bruschetta but my mom had other plans..oh well

snack-tortilla chips and salsa, diet coke (this is at my youth group where there is normally nothing for me to eat except graham crackers and chips)

supper-potatoes, broccoli, and veggieburger!!! and then 2 valentines cookies i made that are heart-shaped with red sprinkles!!! theyre so cute (and vegan )

this morning i ate a cinammon raisin english muffin, one half with tofutti BTCream Cheese and the other half with peanut butter and cranberry juice because my sister finished all the orange juice

annabanana 02-16-2004 11:53 AM

I like this! Good point, maple_syrup...the adults get to buy their food and have all the fun while we scrounge gotta love the creativity that comes along with it though!

B: cooked oatbran; unsweetened strawberry applesauce (I love that stuff! Tastes like sorbet to me!)

S: apple

Edit:

L: Went out to lunch. Had some pasta w/tomato sauce; a little minestrone soup; and a salad w/italian dressing. Also some green tea.

S: about 15 baby carrots that were actually really big...about 1/2 inch in diameter...and some ritz-style crackers except not ritz

D: sweet potato; asparagus; canned corn

S: a few preztel rods; applesauce

vegansurfer 02-16-2004 01:44 PM

hmm. I don't think I can remember all the way back to yesterday.

B: oatmeal

L: I don't really know if it counts as lunch since it was at 5, but two small potatoes cut up and cooked with olive oil, garlic powder, lemon salt, topped with ketchup

D: 1/2 cup lentil soup

lemon zinger tea

I am horrible about eating when not in school (I get this week off)

Loki 02-16-2004 03:17 PM

OK, here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: Two crumpets w/ margarine, OJ

Lunch: Fajitas made with quorn

Dinner: Vegetable Rogan Josh from the tandoori, seved with pilau rice. Washed down with lager & ice cream.

This isn't a typical day for me. The crumpets thing is typical of me, but the fajitas and curry aren't.

mer-girl 02-16-2004 09:41 PM

breakfast:

oatmeal with rice milk and raisens, coffee with rice milk

Lunch:

necarine, soy ice cream sandwhich, coffee

Snack:

5 pecans

Dinner:

Vegi burger with lettuce and tomatoe on a hawaiian roll, soy ice cream sandwhich

mmmmmm I am addicted to soy ice cream!!

iceflower 02-16-2004 10:33 PM

B: strawberry jam on 2 rye toast

L: peach, cherries

S: large milo thickshake (soy icecream and fruccio)

D: corn and broccoli

outbackbaby 02-17-2004 01:22 AM

lunch: 2.5 potatoes baked w/ olive oil

dinner: mashed potatoes, zucchini, carrot, green beans

snack : 1 apple

snack: 1/2 cup brown rice with canned corn, salsa, and cilantro mixed through (mnn )

today (yesterday?) was not a fantastic eating day for me...i'm cramming to finish work i have to have done by Wednesday.

raylea 02-17-2004 05:31 AM

yesterday was good!

breakfast- ww toast w/ almond butter, banana

lunch- grilled portabello mushroom, tomato, & soycheese sandwich, apple

snack- granola

dinner- black bean & veggie burrito, cantaloupe

skunkpumpkin 02-17-2004 07:59 AM

Yesterday:

Breakfast~ half a bagel with tofutti french onion cream cheese, Oj, Chocolate soy milk

Lunch~Leftover vegan sloppy joes, nectarine, soy milk

Snack~dark chocolate with raspberries (naughty me...)

Dinner~MORE vegan sloppy joes just 'cause they're so damned delicious!

brownieB26 02-17-2004 06:45 PM

Sloppy joes, eh? I've never tasted a real sloppy joe, but I wonder how the vegans one turn out. What exactly do you use for the sloppy part?

Today was v. not normal for me, but I've having great trouble deciding what to ahve tomorrow night for dinner. It's a toss up between a Chipotle burrito w/ my mom, homemade stirfry with udon noodles, or rice with celery, onions, and some grilled veggie burger tossed in. Any thoughts?

Eva-bo-beva 02-17-2004 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post

OK, here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: Two crumpets w/ margarine, OJ

Lunch: Fajitas made with quorn

Dinner: Vegetable Rogan Josh from the tandoori, seved with pilau rice. Washed down with lager & ice cream.

This isn't a typical day for me. The crumpets thing is typical of me, but the fajitas and curry aren't.

Which Quorn product do you use?

raylea 02-17-2004 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownieB26 View Post

Sloppy joes, eh? I've never tasted a real sloppy joe, but I wonder how the vegans one turn out. What exactly do you use for the sloppy part?

Today was v. not normal for me, but I've having great trouble deciding what to ahve tomorrow night for dinner. It's a toss up between a Chipotle burrito w/ my mom, homemade stirfry with udon noodles, or rice with celery, onions, and some grilled veggie burger tossed in. Any thoughts?

When I've made sloppy joes, I use tomato, TVP, and spices all slopped between a hamburger bun (hence the "sloppy" part),

Links:

http://vegetarian.about.com/library/...lsloppyjoe.htm

http://www.recipezaar.com/58738

http://starburst.cbl.cees.edu/~tara/sloppyjoe.html

My vote goes for the burrito!

raylea 02-17-2004 07:09 PM

I had a yummy day today

Breakfast- bowl o' oatmeal, strawberries

Lunch- soycheese & veggie sandwich on ww bread, apple

Snack- trail mix

Dinner- salad w/ chickpeas, glass of soymilk

Snack- dried pineapple

Loki 02-17-2004 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva-bo-beva View Post

Which Quorn product do you use?

I dunno if you can get plain quorn in America, but you can get little pieces of quorn, which you can cook with in Britain, and they're great for just using in cooking. So it's basically just plain quorn.

VeganChick15 02-17-2004 08:03 PM

mid-day snack- vegan cookies that my friend gave me!!

i forgot my lunch so I ate when I got home which was luna bar and a bunch of pretzels

dinner- Pasta w/ sundried tomatos articokes and tofu and olive oil and 4 mini potato pancakes that i had to make for german food day tommorow

snack- a pear and a diet coke and lots of yummy bubble gum my mom bought me

hmm looking back at this i did a bad job today not enough veggies i'll do better tommorow

iceflower 02-17-2004 11:10 PM

yesterday (if i can remember properly!)

B: 2 toast with peanut butter

L: milo thickshake

D: tomato veg gnocchi

annabanana 02-18-2004 09:27 PM

Today:

B: Cooked oatbran; pear; 1/2 c. chocolate soymilk

L: Whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter in between; apple; baby carrots

S: 1/2 c. apple cinnamon granola; 2 oranges; a few breadsticks

D: mexican minestrone soup; steamed broccoli florets (that's an awesome word); sweet potato

S: plain popcorn; I feel a really really strong need for something chocolatey or sweet so I might have to take care of that with some soy ice cream or chocolate soymilk :licK:

iceflower 02-18-2004 10:50 PM

B: 2 toast (rye) w/ vegemite + soy cheese

L: tomato gnocchi

S: liqourice

D: felafel wraps (1 plus extra bits)

B: 2 toast (cornbread) w/ strawberry jam

L: pear, mars lite chocolate + milo thickshake

D planned: veggie burger

outbackbaby 02-18-2004 11:18 PM

lunch: banana smoothie, 1 serv. corn chips, 2 tbsp salsa (mmmnn )

snack: 1 fruit rollup

dinner: 1 small hot chips/fries (whatever)

snack: 6 pieces of chocolate, another fruit rollup

what a crap day...again! I need to think more about what i'm eating, or would that be what i'm not eating?

raylea 02-19-2004 05:20 AM

breakfast- cherrios & soymilk, orange

lunch- almond butter & jelly on ww, apple

snack- trail mix

dinner- salad w/ chickpeas, broiled portobella mushroom

snack- dried fruit

Does it seem to you that I eat a lot? Or is this just my distorted perception screwing with me??

skunkpumpkin 02-19-2004 08:57 AM

raylea~it really doesn't seem to me that you eat a lot at all! Don't you hate feeling like that though? I often have a distorted perception when it comes to how much I eat. grrr.

BrownieB~ I use the sloppy joes recipe in "how it all vegan," which involves tomato paste, onion, green pepper, spices, and TVP (but i just use the morningstar farms crumbles, which are awesome and of course, vegan.) I could post the recipe if you or anyone else would like...though I'm sure that the already posted recipes are fantastic as well!

but anyways, yesterday:

breakfast~roasted onion boca burger on ww bread with brown mustard, ketchup, and roasted red peppers, juice

lunch~ww bread with various kinds of hummus, apple

snack~guacamole!

dinner~curry pot pie, fruit salad

raylea 02-19-2004 07:07 PM

Breakfast- grapfruit, handful of cheerios

Lunch- soy cheese & veggies on ww bread, apple

Snack- trail mix (mostly nuts)

Dinner- half of a ww pita stuffed with veggies & chickpeas, soymilk

SkunkPumpkin,

All your food sounds so delicious! I LOVE guacamole!! I hate this distorted perception thing... see, I had problems with an eating disorder (still do, actually, but they're gone for the most part) and this seems like so much compared to when I was eating like 400 calories a day

outbackbaby 02-19-2004 08:11 PM

snack: banana smoothie

lunch: 1 serving potato chips

snack:4 pieces chocolate

dinner: mashed potatoes, green beans, green cabbage, sweet potato (might have been yam) - my mum makes awesome healthy dinners

annabanana 02-19-2004 09:35 PM

I was so incredibly hungry today!

B: raspberry soy yogurt w/ a handful of cheerios; pear; 2 slices of ww toast with peanut butter

S: slice of ww bread

L: half of a tortilla w/black beans and corn; baby carrots; apple

Afternoon: banana

orange

granola bar

D: leftover mexican veggie soup

S: 2 more granola bars I was hungry and they were available...what can I say?