So yea I work at Mcdonals any other vegetarian or vegans forced to work in fast food? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-01-2010, 10:24 AM

So I just recently got A job at mcdonals, before that I worked at wendy's and Sonic. I did have a job as a Tutor for awhile with A tutoring company but it didn't pay enough for the amount of gas I was using. Even though I hate it I have bills to pay, and well I'm a teenager clothing stores won't hire me so I've been forced to work in fast food. Are any other veggie or Vegan teens in my same boat? I hate that I am forced to work for an industry that slaughters millions or animals a year but it's the only choice I have to support myself.

I want to be with you, I just want to be with you. If I could hold your hand for the rest of my life, I would never be scared again. I want to hold you tight and I want to tell you every second how much you mean to me because nobody has ever meant more. I want to be able to help you and make you...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea~lynn♥ View Post

So I just recently got A job at mcdonals, before that I worked at wendy's and Sonic. I did have a job as a Tutor for awhile with A tutoring company but it didn't pay enough for the amount of gas I was using. Even though I hate it I have bills to pay, and well I'm a teenager clothing stores won't hire me so I've been forced to work in fast food. Are any other veggie or Vegan teens in my same boat? I hate that I am forced to work for an industry that slaughters millions or animals a year but it's the only choice I have to support myself.

I work at a supermarket. It's not fast food but I don't really like touching deli, meat or fish but I have to because I am a bagger.

8/3/2010 is the last time I consumed meat.
8/4/2010 is when I became a full blown Vegetarian and I couldn't be more proud.
#3 Old 09-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Zab

I recently met a teen that worked at Taco Bell. It was a delightful surprise.

We walked in and my grandmother and I were discussing what we wanted to order and the girl must of heard us because she asked "are you a vegetarian?" At first I thought "Wonderful! Another argument waiting to happen." I just said "yep" and she smiled and said "Me too!" Should of told her to come join us at VB

(worst part about it was they put chicken in my Taco -.- , I almost took a bite but I decided to look inside it before I did )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I work at a shoe store that sells (among other things) shoes and sandals made with leather. It's uncomfortable, yes, but I do need money. :S I know the feeling!
#5 Old 09-13-2010, 11:35 AM

The wholefoods store where I work/ed at has fish and stuff there so yeah. But it was money and there are alot of vegan stuff their and I love my bosses.
#6 Old 09-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

When I was looking for a job, I refused to even bother looking at fast food places. That is not for me. But I totally understand how if there isn't a better choice, you're stuck there.

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#7 Old 09-14-2010, 03:12 PM

Yep it's really horrible I know of one other vegetarian working in fast food and she agrees. I quit my wendy's job because they wanted me to cook which i cannot do.

I want to be with you, I just want to be with you. If I could hold your hand for the rest of my life, I would never be scared again. I want to hold you tight and I want to tell you every second how much you mean to me because nobody has ever meant more. I want to be able to help you and make you...
#8 Old 09-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Veggie Regular

I used to work at Safeway as a cashier and the amount of meat. I almost wonder if their are more atkins that veg*ans.

My manager was awesome. I remember she asked why I was not asking for donations for their charity and I said because the company they donate to tests on animals and I don't want to be part of that. People see the signs in front of me, if they want to donate they can say so but I am not going to ask. She was ok with it! But customers at safeway SUCK. They are sooooooo rude. Plus almost every veg*an that came through with veg products I would be like "HEY! YOU'RE VEG" and they would be like "Yeah!" and then they would get fish....wtf. Most admitted to eating fish....only one said they were pesc. It pissed me off. Stupid pescetarians pretending to be better then they are -.- grrrr

ÂBecause the heart beats under a covering of hair, of fur, feathers, or wings, it is, for that reason, to be of no account? - Jean Paul Richter
#9 Old 08-23-2011, 08:28 PM

I have a friend who has cut down on meat recently although he's not that opposed to it. Anyway he eats meat and when he worked at McDonalds the smell made him nauseous I can't imagine what it'd be like for a veg*n.

"For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seed of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love." -Pythagoras

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page