Teens: The Music Thread! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-27-2004, 06:30 PM
Veggie Regular

So we spoke about music a bit in the intro thread so I figured we should make a seperate thread. Hope no one minds.

So c'mon people. Tell us all your favourite bands, artists, musicians, singer/songwriters, guitarists, whatever! It'd also be cool to mention if you know for a fact the band is vegetarian or AR, etc etc.

Go for it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-27-2004, 06:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Michelle Branch, Vanessa Carlton, BBMak, Dido... yes I'm 'poppy'.
#3 Old 01-27-2004, 07:05 PM

Hah I don't know where to start!

I like heapsa stuff.

AFI (Aren't those guys Vegan?), Incubus, Metallica, Britney Spears, The Strokes, Sublime, Propagandhi (They are Vegan), The Used, Jason Mraz, Les Savy Fav, Hot hot heat, Steriogram, Rufio, Scribe, Shihad, 28 days, Aesop Rock, The Exponents, The Lost Prophets, Blink 182 (they request Vegetarian things when they preform), The Pixies heheh heaaaaps more! I love music! Yay!

Oh and genres I like are.. SKA! Rock old and new.. Some pop... Punk, some Emo, Dance music...

I hate Nu Metal!!! And quite a bit of pop music...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-27-2004, 07:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Utada Hikaru, Ayumi Hamasaki, BoA, Kuraki Mai, MEST, New Found Glory, Fallout Boy, Allister, The Starting Line, the Used, Sugarcult, Rufio, Sum 41, Britney Spears, T.a.T.u, H.O.T, Smile Empty Soul, Boxcar Racer, Blink 182, Do As Infinity, AFI, Goldfinger, Less than Jake, Reel Big Fish, Save Ferris, etc.

It's a mixed bag- I like some R&B type beats, some pop, some "emo" (who the heck came up with that name? It's the lamest name of a genre EVER and I hate it with a passion), ska, rock, etc. A little bit of everything.
#5 Old 01-27-2004, 07:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Sorry to sound ignorant here but what is emo??
#6 Old 01-27-2004, 07:18 PM

Its sorta a soft "punk" genre.. Emo comes for emotional.. So yeah normally they sing about love (well break-ups), rejection etc... The Used, Finch, Rufio.. Hrm.. can't think of any REALLY well known bands off the top of my head!
#7 Old 01-27-2004, 07:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Dashboard Confessional is the ultimate in emo, though I can't stand them. It's what I think of whenever someone claims they're "emo".
#8 Old 01-27-2004, 07:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I wouldn't call The Used or Finch emo!

Its more Jimmy Eat World, Sensefield, Pedro the Lion, The Get Up Kids, etc.

I'm into...

HC: Converge, Belvedere, Since by Man, xcanaanx, Sworn In, The Last Chance

Emo: Death Cab For Cutie, Slowride, Plans Mistaken for Stars, Red Animal War

And others: PGMG, Air, Turin Brakes, Tears for Fears, The Cure, The Smiths, Joy Division, Norah Jones
#9 Old 01-27-2004, 07:54 PM
Beginner

i like boxcar racer, switchfoot, our lady peace, bits of nirvana, evanescence, sarah mclachlan, cold, nickelback, the darkness, jewel, lifehouse, dave matthews, guster, dashboard confessional, coldplay, foo fighters, barenaked ladies, and like a million other bands that i cant think of for the life of me. ive never heard of the expression emo, but now that i think about it i realize thats pretty much what i like to listen to. i usually only like songs if theyre poetic, or just extremely entertaining to listen to (like "hey ya" and "i believe in a thing called love" <--that is the funniest song ever!)

i also like to write songs too and thenmake the music for em and stuff but i never seem to get very far...oh well.
#10 Old 01-27-2004, 08:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maple_syrup View Post

(like "hey ya" and "i believe in a thing called love" <--that is the funniest song ever!)

I LOVE that song! It actually inspired some cheesy little drawing of mine (http://e.1asphost.com/shethatisnau/j...herockstar.jpg) , haha. I can't find the video online, though...Absolutely love that song, though!

I also remembered more bands:

Evanescence, Lillix, Fefe Dobson, Pink, Papa Roach and NoFX. Woot.
#11 Old 01-27-2004, 08:28 PM

I like "Growing on me" better!!! I like the Darkness! They are cool! I copied my brothers cd for myself before! It's great!!
#12 Old 01-27-2004, 08:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm digging Pink FLoyd, The Moody Blues, Led Zeppelin, THe Flaming Lips, System of a Down (Serj is vegan!), Rancid, Jethro Tull, Dispatch, AFI, Nirvana, Blind Melon, Beethoven, From Autumn to Ashes, Flogging Molly, The Velvet Underground, nufan, Fiona Apple, aaand some broadway tunes>>>Little Shop of Horrors, THe Rocky Horror Picture Show...bada dee bada dummm...

I CAN'T STAND Dashboard Confessional, all these "emo/punk" pop bands with their whiney lead singers, the eagles...I don't want to sound like all of those kids who strive to be anti-conformists, but i've quit the radio. Pop radio is the worst, but i still have to hear that **** on my bus! Doesn't it ever sound like Britney or any other britney-esque singer is starting to sound like a robot? Their songs are so polished! euhh.
#13 Old 01-27-2004, 08:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks for all the info on emo guys! shethatisnau: I also like Pink & Fefe Dobson! She rocks! and Maple_Syrup: I love Hey Ya!!!!
#14 Old 01-27-2004, 08:41 PM
Beginner

I like Enya, Sarah McLachlan, Dido, Coldplay, and all of the artists from The Mists of Avalon Soundtrack. I also really like a lot of japanese anime theme songs like Inuyasha, Cowboy Bebop, and I like a lot of video game songs, especialy Simple and Clean from Kingdom Hearts. I like some techno music too.
#15 Old 01-27-2004, 08:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I like heaps of bands/artists: The Corrs, Dixie Chicks, Linkin Park, Dido, Coldplay, Brooke Fraser, Sheryl Crow, Norah Jones, Jewel, Alanis Morissette, Evanesence, Black Eyed Peas, Silverchair, Scribe, Eminem, Nelly Furtado, Fiona Pears and that's all I can think of at the moment
#16 Old 01-27-2004, 10:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh gosh where to start...

Tori Amos, The Strokes, The Eels, The Flaming Lips, Ben Folds, Sublime, Watershed, New Found Glory, The Cure, Fiona Apple, Frou Frou, Fountains of Wayne, Hot Hot Heat, Electric Six, Badly Drawn Boy, Grandaddy, Moby, Superdrag, The Smiths, Incubus, Aimee Mann, Our Lady Peace, AFI, The Ataris, Yo La Tengo, Weezer, Doves, Afghan Whigs, Pavement, Modest Mouse, Pedro the Lion, Radiohead, The Music... lotsa other stuff too
#17 Old 01-27-2004, 11:39 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't think I could list all the music I like. Actually you guys listed most of them. But dudes I never liked dashboard confessional until my birthday (this past saturday). They were playing the unplugged record in Hot Topic and I was like "Dude, I like that song! Holy crap I really like that song!!!!" So I impulsively bought the cd/dvd and it has not left my cd player or my dvd player since! I'm shocked I like it so much. It's really good.

ETA: I like thursday. Added that in b/c I didn't see that anyone else listed them heh.
#18 Old 01-27-2004, 11:39 PM
Beginner

YAY!! A music thread!! I love AFI!! Jade and Davey are vegan and straight edge! I'm not sure about the others Hunter might be vegetarian casue he was on Peta's hottest people list or hottest vegeatian list but i dont know!! does anyone know??
#19 Old 01-27-2004, 11:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganChick15 View Post

YAY!! A music thread!! I love AFI!! Jade and Davey are vegan and straight edge! I'm not sure about the others Hunter might be vegetarian casue he was on Peta's hottest people list or hottest vegeatian list but i dont know!! does anyone know??

Hunter and Davey are vegan and sxe. Jade is vegetarian and i think Adam is also veg. And did you see that pic I put up veganchick?
#20 Old 01-28-2004, 03:33 AM

neil young, rolling stones, the smiths, the velvet underground, joy division, (older) david bowie, the pixies, modest mouse, belle and sebastian, elliot smith, the cure, blonde redhead, bob dylan, grandaddy, godspeed you black emperor, talking heads, fugazi, (older) iggy pop, etc.. I love music, its amazing. I guess thats off the top of my head and im always looking for good new music.
#21 Old 01-28-2004, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Joy Division

Love, love will tear us apart again

Haha I love that song... That has nothing to do with anything, cept it was on the radio before!

And another song I LOVE is "Signals over the air" By Thursday!
#22 Old 01-28-2004, 07:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Ok, here's my list:

Incubus

red Hot Chili Peppers

No Doubt

Vanessa Carlton

Muse!!!!!!!!!!

Feeder

Jimi hendrix

Led Zeppelin

Foo fighters

They're pretty much all the artists i like. That and I'm a little ashamed to admit that I like the sugababes too.
#23 Old 01-28-2004, 08:21 AM
Veggie Regular

Indigo Girls are an awesome folk band that have been around sine the 90's Amy Ray from the band is vegan, and both girls are really into animal rights, the environment and are very aware of what's going on in the world. They did an anti war song on their last album called "our delieverance" thats really really beautiful. They also employ lots of very deep metaphore, i love them! on a more popular note, Matchbox20 is another of my favorite bands, and rob thomas and his wife always try to help dogs from the animal shelter.
#24 Old 01-28-2004, 12:08 PM

Ooh, I have really odd musical tastes! Since I've been playing the piano since a very long time ago, I'm into classical music, but I listen to lots of other stuff as well. I'm very obsessed with Thursday right now, although I haven't seen them live yet. I've listened to Brand New for a very long time, and I've been to their shows many times. I'm not sure if I like Dashboard Confessional yet, but I think he has a really beautiful voice (I've been to one of his shows but that's all I've heard of him). I like a lot of other bands as well, and I'm always looking for new stuff to listen to.
#25 Old 01-28-2004, 04:25 PM
Beginner

I'm not sure Adam is veg. casue he had a leather jacket in this interview but I guess you can be veg. and wear leather or it could have been an old interview. And yes I saw the pictrue, very funny pictrue!!! I'v never seen it before, I'm putting it in my collection. Jade is so funny. (giggling now too as I think of the pictrue)
#26 Old 01-28-2004, 05:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitarian_Girl View Post

I like Enya, Sarah McLachlan, Dido, Coldplay, and all of the artists from The Mists of Avalon Soundtrack. I also really like a lot of japanese anime theme songs like Inuyasha, Cowboy Bebop, and I like a lot of video game songs, especialy Simple and Clean from Kingdom Hearts. I like some techno music too.

Simple and Clean, AKA Hikari is by Utada Hikaru, one of my favorite singers. She's also going to have an english album out sometime this spring.
#27 Old 01-28-2004, 05:36 PM
Veggie Regular

I listen to a little bit of everything... I mostly listen to Rap/Hip Hop and rock though. I like (in no particular order) System of a Down, Eminem, 50 Cent, Incubus, Christina Aguilera, Jay Z, Snoop Dogg, Marilyn Monroe, the Beatles, and WAY too many other artists to name. I listen to all kinds of music.

Fruitarian_Girl - I love the Cowboy Bebop theme
#28 Old 01-28-2004, 08:10 PM

System of a Down

Inkubus Sukkubus

Evanescence

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Led Zeppelin

Guns N' Roses

Mariyln Manson

Nirvana

Foo Fighters

Something Corporate

The Offspring

Godsmack

Pennywise

Disturbed

Loreena McKennitt

Bad Religion

Bob Marley

Linkin Park

Metallica

etc. etc.
#29 Old 01-29-2004, 08:34 AM
Veggie Regular

In no particular order:
  • Mest
  • Good Charlotte
  • The Starting Line
  • Finch
  • Alister
  • New Found Glory
  • Brandston
  • The Get Up Kids
  • Blink - 182
  • AFI (I only have 1 song though!)
  • Alkaline Trio
  • Fenix Tx
  • Green Day
  • Jet
  • Linkin Park
  • New Model Army
  • Pennywise
  • Saliva
  • Screeching Weasle
  • Simple Plan
  • Social Distortion
  • Span
  • Spitalfield
  • Sugarcult
  • Switchfoot
  • The Darkness
  • The Unseen
  • Thursday
#30 Old 01-29-2004, 05:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyKass View Post

Haha I love that song... That has nothing to do with anything, cept it was on the radio before!

Haha I'm lucky to live in the good old city of Manchester.

Home of Joy Division, The Hacienda, Tony Wilson and Factory records.

Oh yeah, and The Smiths.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page