Say Hello - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-25-2004, 01:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Since this is a forum just for teens I thought it would be good if all of the people who are teens say hello since others don't necessarily know your age.

I'll start I'm Michelle and I'm 14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-25-2004, 02:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi there, I'm Nellie and I'm 17 (soon to be 18 in 2 weeks )

***EDIT***

Ok, wow, I guess I was really vague So... here's more about myself.

I live in New Hampshire, the most boring place on earth. I own a horse and have been riding ever since I could sit up. I've been riding competitively for about 11 1/2 years.

I'm a senior in high school looking to become an Emergency Medical Technician /Paramedic and then become a nurse in the Emergency Department. People describe me as an "adrenaline junkie" because of my choice careers.

Some more random facts about me:

My favorite colors are Navy Blue and Yellow. My favorite type of music is described/labled as "Punk Rock" ie: I like Finch, Mest, Good Charlotte, The Starting Line, Ataris, Simple Plan, Blink - 182 and Social distortion. Ok, enough boring everybody.
#3 Old 01-25-2004, 02:32 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm Jessica, a.k.a. Nau, 16 years old and a sophmore in highschool. I draw (like my avatar, lol), listen to music, and do various other stupid things of that nature. Woo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-25-2004, 02:48 PM
Beginner

Hi!! I'm Caroline I'm 15!! I'm obbsessed with whitewater kayaking, penguins, and Jade the guitarist from AFI. This forum should be fun, I'm excited!!
#5 Old 01-25-2004, 02:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Im Crystal, im 16 and a sophmore in high school, i hope to be a veterinarian some day, but i am also starting a dream of becoming a vegan chef, and opening a restaurant that also sells beauty supplies and groceries for veggies.

I live on a small farm, 13 chickens, 4 pigs, 4 cows, 6 goats, 2 sheep, 2 dogs, 1 cat and 1 hamster(i also think there is a family of birds living in my roof) and love hanging out with the animals and taking care of them when i can.

hmm i like to play guitar, read, draw, drive, cook, and do lots of research on random things, and ya i guess that is it.
#6 Old 01-25-2004, 03:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I thnk I have a place here, though I am a little old. I'm Loki and I'm 19. Been veg since I was 12.
#7 Old 01-25-2004, 04:41 PM
Veggie Regular

*waves* I'm Erin, I'm 17. I live in Sydney, I'm in my final year at school and I work in a book shop. I'm planning to take a year of to work and travel, then go to uni to become a teacher. I'm schmegan I guess...never ate much meat, last time was 5 years ago, have been vegan for 2 1/2 but am not as strict about little ingredients as I used to be.

Ooh, and on my 18th birthday I'm getting a tattoo that says 'vegetarian' in Chinese
#8 Old 01-25-2004, 04:54 PM
Veggie Regular

hi, I'm katt. I'm thirteen. Some people might describe our house as a small farm.. with three cats, a dog, a rabbit, two gerbils and 3 fish... I don't think thats very much, but Ive got at least twice the number of pets as any of my friends... I'm just vegetarian, but sometime in the future I will go vegan. I love to write, and I write a lot of animal rights essays and have put in some articles in the school newspaper about being vegetarian and animal rights. Feel free to contact me on MSN, AOL or Yahoo..
#9 Old 01-25-2004, 05:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm Chelsea/Cissy. I'm 16 and I'm a junior in high school. I love drawing, the colour pink, and anything French or having to do with France.
#10 Old 01-25-2004, 05:22 PM
Beginner

hey! I'm Melissa and i'm 16 (17 in Feb.). I've lived in northern Utah since July 2002, and before that lived in San Francisco, CA for about 18 months. I'm originally from Sydney, Australia...and Sydney is still my "home". I've been vegetarian for 7 years (strict for 4 years). I have a twin brother, and 2 older sisters (living in Australia). I'm a competitive martial artist and travel quite a bit to compete. Like most girls my age i love shopping. Pink is my favorite colour...and i love sports.

I have a cat in Australia, Ezekiel...but no pets in the U.S
#11 Old 01-25-2004, 06:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Hello! My name is Beth, I'm 18, and I am a freshman in college.
#12 Old 01-25-2004, 06:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi! I'm Sarah and I'm 14. My favorite color is green! I love animals and I have a pet cat. I have been veg for a year (my veg anniversary is thursday! and it's my half birthday too, just a coincidence)
#13 Old 01-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm Laurel and I'm 19. 2nd year in university... taking a fine arts degree. I don't turn 20 till september, so I guess I still have a couple of months to post in here
#14 Old 01-25-2004, 07:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Im Becky (or Sprout)

been vegetarian since like 1 year ago almnost and working on vegan

I live in Coquitlam (near Vancouver if thats any help) British Columbia, Canada

hahah cant think of much other to say !! BUt i probaly will later !
#15 Old 01-25-2004, 09:33 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm Ann...

I'm 15 and been vegetarian for...*counts on fingers* ... four years, vegan for about 1 1/2 of those. I love to cook/bake stuff, I'm become famous for some of my baked goods, infamous for others. I'd like to be a dietician and...um....I guess that's about it for me. I run cross country and generally run all year anyway...I swear, it's like an addiction.

Anyway, enough blab for now!

ETA: iceflower/Erin - the tattoo idea is awesome!
#16 Old 01-25-2004, 09:51 PM

I'm Hayley (or Dannnnny) and I'm 16... And yea... umm.. really boring?

This kinda reminds me of AA meetings (not that I go or anything)

And boo because my school summer break finished yesterday. But now I have another week off. Crazy.
#17 Old 01-25-2004, 10:06 PM

Chris, 17, skateboarding, sandiego now, back to Chicago in a few months, yeah, um.... im a pretty boring person. Im listening to the Cure right now.
#18 Old 01-25-2004, 10:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey again, just wanted to add ive been vegetarian for 2 years, vegan for about *counts in head* 5 months. I have always had a strong longing for vegetarianism, wich would probly explain why it is has been so easy for me to be vegan. I would also like to note, as of 7:00 tonight(jan 25) i am single.
#19 Old 01-25-2004, 10:16 PM
Veggie Regular

nellie - where in new hampshire? (and i beg to differ, vermont is the most boring place on earth! )

ummmmmm hi! i'm jen, though more commonly known hereabouts as mayu, and i like it better so fine by me! i'm 17, going to be 18 in a couple of months and i wondered about the age cut off for what consititues a "teenager" but hell, loki's posting here and he's like, ancient! (just kidding, loki ) i don't quite know what to say... um... i like shiny things! yep.

edit: oh yeah, and laurel too for the age thing, i didn't even catch that at first, for i am slow. yep. though you know what? i always say you're only as old as you feel anyway, so i'd post here even if i were like, 50!

uh, not really. but you get the idea
#20 Old 01-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm Nicky, 17/f/New Zealand. I've been lacto-ovo veg for about 4 and a half months so far and I love it I work part time at a department store and I'm about to start my final year of high school. I play soccer and watch cricket, I like all sports. I play the violin at the moment, and love music

This forum looks as if it could be really fun
#21 Old 01-25-2004, 10:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I am Rissa (real name Karissa) and am 16 and a sophomore in high school. My family has never been that big on meat, though I am the only vegan. I think the last time I ate meat was when I was 10. I'm not quite sure how long I have been vegan though, around a year. I live in northern ca in the mists of all the fog. i like surfing and biking, and am working on getting back into running. I play the trumpet in band, along with piano, guitar, drums and french horn on my own time. As you probably guessed, music means a lot to me.
#22 Old 01-25-2004, 11:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi! I'm Karuna and I'm 15 (16 in April). I've been vegan since April 2002. I love reading, drawing, swimming (though I'm not that good at it! ) and especially music.

This forum looks like it's going to be a lot of fun!
#23 Old 01-26-2004, 12:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Mayuko (or should I call you Jen?!)... I'm about 15 min. from Manchester and 30 min. from Concord... smack dab in the middle of nowhere lol.

Eh, Vermont isn't that bad! At least you've got scenery.. I've been to S. Royalton, Strafford and South Woodstock, and a few other places (UVM horse farm etc.) It's alot prettier than here after all it's the green mountain state :hehe:... and as far as I'm concerned, alot more interesting than a bunch of "granite" as we have.

--------------------------------

Reason 1,000,001 why New Hampshire sucks: -35°F windchills, snow, ice and the like.
#24 Old 01-26-2004, 01:11 AM
Veggie Regular

annabanana - thankyou

dannykass - i can only imagien you as a Danny, not Hayley! lol where did Danny come from?

soycreamfilling - sorry bout the breakup. but really...singles more fun

speaking of which lol.. is anyone else noticing a severe lack in vegie guys?
#25 Old 01-26-2004, 01:24 AM

Hah Danny Kass is my FAVVVVVOURITE snowboarder!

I got a shirt signed by him (in the mail of corse, he lives in California... I live in New Zealand) just over a week ago!!

Haha and tonight my friend and I were looking in this random guys magazine and they had a page of TINY pictures (there were like 200 on it or something) and my friend was like "OMG LOOK ITS DANNNNNNNNNY KASS" Haha it was so crazy she could see it out of all of the pictures when it was like 1cm big!!!!
#26 Old 01-26-2004, 02:01 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm Jess, Just turned 18 but I have a place here heh. I'm a dropout but please don't treat me like one. I loved school, left for other reasons. I love music. Am obssessed honestly. I love cartoons, crafting, making jewelry (Danny has seen my crap @ LJ ) etc etc.

Veganchick15: I LOVE AFI! Where are my AFI and straight edge people at?? C'mon I know you exist. I actually love all types of music so feel free to pm me any bands you think i should listen to. It'd make me happy.
#27 Old 01-26-2004, 02:33 AM

AFI = GREATNESSSSSS

MY FAVOURITE SONG LIKE EVER IS "Your name here" By, none other than AFI!

Has anyone heard that? Its the greatest!

http://www.gnu.com/team/dannyKass/videos/dk02FME.html

If you haven't heard it... It's like a DOUBLE WHAMMY OF COOLNESS OVERLOAD...

A Danny Kass vid... Plus THE GREATEST SONG EVER!
#28 Old 01-26-2004, 08:30 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm Laura, I'm 17 and I've been a vegetarian for 6 years, and recently became vegan. I'm going to suffer through culinary school and become a vegan pastry chef.
#29 Old 01-26-2004, 09:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Hey my name's Alyssa and I'm 15. I live in Connecticut, near Willimantic, where I wish to open a vegan restaurant someday. (Willimantic is a tiny "city" that's kinda going downhill but has so much potential!) I love to paint, write poetry/short stories, make clothing and cook. I love movies, especially Tim Burton movies, and Johnny Depp (ohhh man, he is my lord...hah.) aaaaaand heyhey another AFI fan here! I love Davey. I don't find him attractive or any such thing, i just think he is awesommmmme. Other bands that I like are Pink Floyd, Moody Blues, The Flaming Lips, Queen, System of a Down, Led Zeppelin, Rancid...aaand there's more...of course i can't think of them...shucks. Ummm yes I've been a vegetarian for almost a year, vegan for over 5 months...I love it! I really interested in activism but I don't know how to start, being as young as I am. Perhaps this is something that can be discussed in this forum of splendor? yeah I'm going to shush now. tata.
#30 Old 01-26-2004, 02:05 PM
Beginner

I'm Celena and I am 16 years old, I will be 17 in March. I am a fruitarian as y'all can probably tell from my name. I was a vegan for like 2 and a half years before I became a fruitarian. I live in Texas in a really small town called Damon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page