VeggieBoards banner

Vegetarian Week in the UK

860 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Bunzz 
#1 ·
My daughter, 10 (and my husband and son, 7) are not veggie. I often look at Veggie websites, this board etc in front of my children and there has been a lot of focus on Vegetarian Week. I then received my magazine from the Vegetarian Society and my daughter announced that she is going to go veggie for Veggie Week (starts 18 May - 24 May). She rang her grandparents and told them and reminded me tonight that her week starts tomorrow. I know a lot of people are appalled that my children eat meat but they were raised that way from birth as I have not been veggie for long. Anyhow, I am thrilled that she is taking a stand. I just wanted to share!

#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1815alan View Post

This may just be the start of your daughters journey to a lifetime free from cruelty. She may well falter along the way, but with you as her guide she has a great role model. You should be very proud of her.
Thank you, I am proud of her! This has made me realise how stuck in a rut I have become with food. I am looking up lots of recipes on this board (mmmm got to try Chickpea Crunchies) to inspire my child (and maybe the Old man and Little fella) and could kick myself that I have waited until now. Still, can't look back, must go forward. Any advice will be gratefully received. This could be a VERY important week as it is her choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.