Photos of Veg*n Kids?? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey everyone! This is just an idea, but are we able to open thread where we can post pics of our kids growing up. Another forum I go to does this, but I love Veggieboards and only ever go there to look at the cute kiddies (which sounds creepier than it meant to ).

The reason I suggest this is I think it is a good thing to see how healthy and normal vegetarian kids grow up. I've seen a few threads here questioning whether it's a good thing to be veg*n, and I can think of nothing better to disprove it. Plus we get to see each others cute kids growing up.

What do you guys reckon?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I think that's a great idea! Let's prove that little veg*n babies are healthy!

(Not to mention I adore babies and have baby-fever which is not good considering I'm in college and not in a serious relationship )
#3 Old 02-18-2009, 07:23 AM

Sounds like a plan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-09-2009, 07:46 AM
Veggie Regular

I think it's a great idea! I have a 5 yr old lacto veg and an almost 3 yr old vegan, and they are very healthy.
LL
LL
#5 Old 03-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Banned

wasn't there a thread about this years ago? i remember being annoyed that i couldn't see the pics when i was a lurker.
#6 Old 03-09-2009, 10:56 AM

I'll post mine

That's Jacob in the front (he only eats eggs, trying to get him off them but he's obsessed with scrambled eggs for breakfast). He'll be two and a half in late April.

And Summer in the back getting squished (will be raising her vegan but for now she's still on formula after our BFing issues--that were my fault admittingly--). She will be six months in a week.
#7 Old 03-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrilynhawk View Post

I'll post mine

That's Jacob in the front (he only eats eggs, trying to get him off them but he's obsessed with scrambled eggs for breakfast). He'll be two and a half in late April.

And Summer in the back getting squished (will be raising her vegan but for now she's still on formula after our BFing issues--that were my fault admittingly--). She will be six months in a week.

i LOVE jacobs hair! cute kids!
#8 Old 03-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I'll post mine

What cute kids!
#9 Old 03-09-2009, 11:43 AM

Aw thanks you all
#10 Old 03-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganveg View Post

I think it's a great idea! I have a 5 yr old lacto veg and an almost 3 yr old vegan, and they are very healthy.

these two definately look like their mummy and are very smiley!
#11 Old 03-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I'll post mine

Have you tried making him tofu scramble? My 5 year old loves to have scrabbled eggs whenever my husband buys eggs, but definately wont protest against a tofu scramble. When she was younger she use to argue, it was NOT tofu!...it's EGGS! lol!
#12 Old 03-09-2009, 03:39 PM

I've never tried giving it to him mostly because I dont keep tofu in the house. But if that is what it takes to get rid of the eggs I'll try anything lol. Plus he DOES like tofu...
#13 Old 03-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Yay some cute kids!!!! This is my little girl Magnolia. She is a bit older now as this photo is a month or so old.

and her happy in the bath

#14 Old 03-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganveg View Post

I love your little girls expression! She can't believe her luck at reading that book!
#15 Old 03-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coley View Post

Yay some cute kids!!!! This is my little girl Magnolia. She is a bit older now as this photo is a month or so old.

oh, bless! did you make that dress? its very cute.
#16 Old 03-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Veggie Regular

This is such a cute thread. Everyone has such cute kids!
#17 Old 03-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by coley View Post

She's gorgeous!
#18 Old 03-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Here's my cutie, his name is Scotland and he just turned 4 last week. He still eats some eggs (baked goods, etc), but prefers soy milk over dairy, so we're getting there.

The new little one will be raised vegan, and I'm confident she'll turn out great (despite the hesitations of my friends.)

#19 Old 03-10-2009, 12:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh my lord! Little kids in gumboots kill me with their cuteness! Scotland is awesome and has a very cute name. Good on you for raising the next one vegan. I was unable to breastfeed well and have always had to rely on comp formula feeds with Maggie. It was very upsetting for me not to have her vegan from birth. Next time hopefully we can. I looked into vegan nutrition a lot and as long as you can breastfeed for a fair while, no problems. Stick to your guns!
#20 Old 03-10-2009, 02:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodedclawjen View Post

oh, bless! did you make that dress? its very cute.

I do sew, but not that one. It was a very cute present from one of her aunties. She is very very spoilt.
#21 Old 03-10-2009, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masja View Post

here's my cutie, his name is scotland and he just turned 4 last week. He still eats some eggs (baked goods, etc), but prefers soy milk over dairy, so we're getting there.

The new little one will be raised vegan, and i'm confident she'll turn out great (despite the hesitations of my friends.)

oh my gosh he is so cute!!!!!!!!!
#22 Old 03-10-2009, 05:23 AM
Veggie Regular

I've got to stop looking at this thread. It's making me want kids!!!

All of your children are adorable!
#23 Old 03-10-2009, 07:48 AM

I just wanted to share a pic of Summer because I literally *just* took it. She is definitely not starving (since so many think veg kids don't eat!). In fact, this isn't the best picture for it but she's a chubster. We call her our little Michilan man (not sure I spelled that right)

((edit : btw for those who don't know about the m.man: http://www.tireproautomotive.com/Ima...ichelinMan.jpg ))
#24 Old 03-10-2009, 08:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Ah! *subscribed* One day I'll be able to post pics of vegan babies... one day.

For now, I'll just watch this.
#25 Old 03-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Here are my two grandkids: Colin who is 8 is lacto-ovo since living with us ( As he is a very picky eater, I doubt he will be vegan for a while.); Haley who is 6 has PKU (a metabolic disorder) which severely restricts her diet so she has been vegan (except for trace ingredients) since birth.

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
#26 Old 03-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Man, I have baby fever so bad and this thread isn't helping any!! The boyfriend needs to hurry up, propose, marry me and knock me up!!
#27 Old 03-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryssiie718 View Post

Here are my two grandkids: Colin who is 8 is lacto-ovo since living with us ( As he is a very picky eater, I doubt he will be vegan for a while.); Haley who is 6 has PKU (a metabolic disorder) which severely restricts her diet so she has been vegan (except for trace ingredients) since birth.

She looks like a picture of health. You are obviously doing a great job with your grandkids.

And I love the chubby photo of Summer Chrilynhawk! I love it when they go through that chubster phase.
#28 Old 03-10-2009, 02:41 PM

I love it too! Jacob never went through it so I'm enjoying it lol
#29 Old 03-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Here's another photo. Any excuse to show off my kid and I'm there.

I present to you the missing link, monkey face Magnolia

#30 Old 03-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Veggie Regular

OMG what a cutie!!! That face is so sweet!!! I miss the baby days, I can't wait for this next little one to get here already! lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page