VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Raising Vegetarian Children (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/31-raising-vegetarian-children/)
-   -   supplement for a sick kid *Time sensitive (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/31-raising-vegetarian-children/74751-supplement-sick-kid-time-sensitive.html)

ElliottsMom 12-09-2007 04:27 PM

so my little guy caught the flu, long story, he's getting over it but still has no appetite. he gets a multi vitamin everyday but I'm lucky if he'll eat a piece of toast. is there any kind of vegan suppliment like Pediasure I could give him? something that would be available at a grocery store?

rabid_child 12-09-2007 06:30 PM

I'm not entirely sure about what you're asking... are you concerned about his calorie intake or his vitamin intake? Or both?

ElliottsMom 12-10-2007 04:44 AM

both, he's eating a bit better now though. so it's not a big concern anymore

Cornflower 12-10-2007 10:54 AM

Glad he's feeling better. FWIW, I never worry too much about vitamin and food intake when my kids are sick. I just try to keep their fluids up. Kids aren't going to get any vitamin deficiencies from just a few days of not eating much, IMO.

karenlovessnow 12-10-2007 04:25 PM

Megan!!! I just saw this!!



I hope Elliott is feeling better!

Skepchick 12-10-2007 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornflower View Post

Glad he's feeling better. FWIW, I never worry too much about vitamin and food intake when my kids are sick. I just try to keep their fluids up. Kids aren't going to get any vitamin deficiencies from just a few days of not eating much, IMO.



That's my view of it too. Glad to see he's doing better!



BTW, my son's name is also Eliot! Just, obviously, spelled differently.

ElliottsMom 12-12-2007 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

Megan!!! I just saw this!!



I hope Elliott is feeling better!



HIYA Karen

he's much better now, back to his old self

I broke down and gave him Children's Tylenol (half a dose) because he was feverish but it seemed to work

he's down about half a pound now but it's not too bad

ElliottsMom 12-12-2007 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skepchick View Post

That's my view of it too. Glad to see he's doing better!



BTW, my son's name is also Eliot! Just, obviously, spelled differently.



cool beans. he's named after Elliott Smith, nobody really knows that though

zoebird 12-13-2007 07:57 AM

i don't know how old he is, but broth (veggie broth), juice cut with water, tepid teas, coconut water are all good options (coconut water balances electrolytes like pediasure, and the others provide nutrients and hydration).

ElliottsMom 12-15-2007 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post

i don't know how old he is, but broth (veggie broth), juice cut with water, tepid teas, coconut water are all good options (coconut water balances electrolytes like pediasure, and the others provide nutrients and hydration).

oh he'll be 2 on thursday

thanks! that'll help in case it happens again


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.