VeggieBoards banner

Recommendation for protein shake

955 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SeaSiren 
#1 ·
Can anyone give me a recommendation for a high-protein supplement shake (good tasting) for a ovo-lacto/weight lifting/ 14 year old boy in the throws of puberty? There are so many different supplements out there and I'd like to find something that would be healthy for him without a lot of additives that will negatively affect his growth patterns and the like.. Any and all advice is welcome. He's been spending a ton of time on bodybuilding.com looking at this stuff and they all have all sorts of creepy ingredients in them that make me raise my eyebrows.

Thanks... NRH

#3 ·
He's on a good site, but keep him out of the "misc" section. BB.com offers many varieties they should all suit a lacto-ovo veg. They should be taken immediately after weight lifting. Recommended is 1g per lb of body weight throughout the day. However, he NEEDS to pound the water all day. If he does the 1lb per BW the protein can hurt the kidneys if the water intake isn't optimal. Feel free to PM me with an ?'s

BTW, awesome he is looking in to health and fitness...I hope this carries throughout his life

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.