Errrrggggh [mothers talking behind other mother's back] - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Beginner

If there was ever a time to use martial arts, it would be this one... too darn bad I'm not a minor anymore!!!!

Ok here's the deal, there's this woman who's been talking to one of my "friends" behind my back telling her that my child is malnourished and that I'm lying about being vegan cause I had ice cream (I slipped up! People make mistakes!!)... well now this woman has gone as far as to make up a Xanga.com page called MEATEATER or something like that and it's pretty much all about ME..... keep in mind this woman knows NOTHING about me and EVERYTHING she wrote in there is bull cause it's all wrong! What ticked me off the most is 1. My so called "Friend" never defends me (and I will be letting her know soon that I will never speak to her again) and 2. This @#$%!! attacked my son yet again saying that his being vegan is making him AUTISTIC!!! AUTISTIC?!! Where the heck is she getting this crap?!?!?!

I just had to vent... and needed to vent to people that understand...

On a good note, my husband has decided to give up chicken! Now if I can get him to forget about seafood (yeah right) he'll be vegan!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-04-2005, 11:28 PM

People like that suck, but then again if you did eat dairy on purpose, you aren't vegan. You admit it's a slip up, not an accident. I wouldn't let her get to you though. People come and go. Whatever.
#3 Old 03-05-2005, 05:48 AM
Veggie Regular

I wouldn't worry about what this woman thinks. Who is she anyway, no one too important in the wide spectrum of things, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-05-2005, 06:42 AM
Beginner

I will be the first one to admit that I'm not 100% vegan and have extremely low will power at times. I only say that I'm vegan because to me, veganism is a lifestyle and I have my entire life to get it right. I always say to people I'm 90% vegan, trying desperately to get that 100%. The funny thing is, I haven't had ice cream in like... 6 months? I don't remember. I've been eating Soy Delicious! and Tofutti! that's the good stuff.
#5 Old 03-05-2005, 07:44 AM

Well, the person who said those things about you is way out of line, but.....before you chuck your friendship with this other woman, consider talking to her again. How did you find out she was involved in this situation...was it from her or another person? Be sure to get her story...maybe there are some extenuating circumstances. I know I've had friends before who've not "defended" me in situations, but it's just because they know they're talking to an idiot who no one listens to anyway, and they don't want to waste their breath.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#6 Old 03-05-2005, 09:56 AM
Beginner

I'm feeling a lot better now, sorry bout the rant, I was just so angry and had to let it out.

As far as the "friend" goes, I've been going back and forth with her for months trying to figure her out... she and I were close for a year until this other chick came around and started causing a lot of drama. At first my "friend" hated her guts, talked about her all the time and even talked to her to get more ammo to talk about her later... I didn't think much of it but I didn't encourage her to do it because I thought it was just bad karma to be putting so much bad energy into something just for entertainment especially when it's messing with someone elses feelings. Then after awhile I think this woman started to grow on her and it was like one day she just stopped talking to me, hanging out with me, etc and was spending all of her time with the woman she supposedly hated.... well this got me thinkin "Is this girl really my friend..? or was she jerking me around like she was this other girl?" We started hanging around each other more because we work together now and sometimes she acts like nothing's wrong and others she complains about this chick non-stop.

So I'm thinking my "friend" is playing this game with me also.. and what makes me feel that way is the woman that said those things above doesn't speak to me or any of my other friends, therefore would have no way to get any kind of info on me if it weren't coming from my "friend". It's just upsetting how childish this all is... I mean I haven't dealt with people like this in so long, I really don't know what to think.

Sorry for the long post, I'm just baffled at this point.

Mainly I was interested in if anyone else on here has had similar situations and what they've done?
#7 Old 03-05-2005, 11:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WushuMom View Post

I will be the first one to admit that I'm not 100% vegan and have extremely low will power at times. I only say that I'm vegan because to me, veganism is a lifestyle and I have my entire life to get it right. I always say to people I'm 90% vegan, trying desperately to get that 100%. The funny thing is, I haven't had ice cream in like... 6 months? I don't remember. I've been eating Soy Delicious! and Tofutti! that's the good stuff.

Why don't you just say you're a "vegetarian"? It's really impossible to be a true vegan anyway!
#8 Old 03-05-2005, 05:54 PM
Veggie Regular

She made a website about you? That should say something about how pathetic her life is that she has to get wrapped up in what you're doing! She needs to get herself something productive to do. Ridiculous!
#9 Old 03-05-2005, 10:32 PM
Beginner

I usually say I'm a vegetarian when I don't feel like explaining anything hehehe. I must sound really bad. Anyway, I say I'm vegan because my beliefs are vegan. Yet I still understand that noone's perfect. I grew up on junk food and a lot of times when I'm going through a rough time is when I'll slip up and that whole comfort foods thing kicks in. It doesn't help that the nearest health food store is 30/45 minutes away. Anyways, I'm not making excuses, I know I don't do the right thing all the time (and usually don't feel so well afterwards) but I would rather keep trying to be vegan than give up cause it's all or nothing.

The main thing that bothered me about what this chick said was that she keeps telling people that my son is malnourished and he needs "red meat in his blood". Going as far as to say that veganism creates autism is pretty bad. She can say whatever she wants about me.. but bringing Ethan into it.. thems be fightin' werdz.

Thanks for the replies though, guys.
#10 Old 03-06-2005, 12:12 AM

Hang in there wushu! If your "friend" was talking to this other gal to "get more ammo" as you describe, then perhaps you're better off.

BTW...very cutie-patootie avatar!

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#11 Old 03-06-2005, 06:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Maybe her favorite soap opera was cancelled.
#12 Old 03-06-2005, 08:08 AM
Beginner

LoL
#13 Old 03-06-2005, 10:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astarte View Post

She made a website about you? That should say something about how pathetic her life is that she has to get wrapped up in what you're doing! She needs to get herself something productive to do. Ridiculous!

What she said. The lady sounds just a BIT obsessed. She's the one with the problem, not you.
#14 Old 03-06-2005, 10:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Wow. That woman is crazy.
#15 Old 03-06-2005, 12:58 PM

she shut down her xanga, it would seem..

i guess that is a good thing.. i am sorry that all of this happened, though, it is TERRIBLE. Like blaming veg*ism for EDs and the like..
#16 Old 03-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Ooh, I agree wushu- you can talk about me, but if you bring my kid into it there's going to be trouble The woman sounds like she doesn't have her own life to worry about that she has to make your business hers Sounds like she's threatened by you in some way and that her reaction is to be a *****. I definately would put her in her place concerning the comments about your little one
#17 Old 03-06-2005, 04:12 PM
Veggie Regular

I agree that this woman sounds like she has no life & is filling her time obsessing over you. But bringing your child into it certainly crosses a line! She also apparently isn't very knowledgeable on veg*nism or disorders, making a claim that being vegan is causing your child to become autistic. The two are completely unrelated! From what I know about autism, its something that one is born with, not something one can "catch" or develop based on diet. Btw, your avatar is adorable!
#18 Old 03-08-2005, 08:16 PM
Beginner

Thank you, that is ma bebe boy. You know, the one she says is "malnourished". LOL

Thanks guys, even though I know she was wrong, I think I always worry that I'm not doing something right (whether it has to do with veganism or not) and it doesn't help to have people like her around.

I actually called her out in front of a few of her "close" friends on Sunday (along with the girl that was supposed to be my friend.) She's still delusional and made up some more stuff that even her friends didn't know where she was coming from with, but I stopped listening to what she was saying, stopped reading her emails and told her that I felt sorry for her and I hope she has a good life. She's since taken down both her MUSTEATMEAT page and her personal page. That's good enough for me Plus the satisfaction of getting all of that crap off my chest

I'm sooo glad it's over.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page