hilarious things toddlers do - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-01-2005, 09:33 AM
Veggie Regular

i know this should be a lively thread. let's share hilarious things toddlers do.

for example, my son (17 months now) was getting really mad and frustrated with me this morning and clawing at the bed. I thought it was because he wanted a couple of socks from the laundry basket. he's got this sock thing going on...anyhow, no he wanted the whole dang laundry basket full of clean clothes. sooo, i took the laundry basket and removed most of the clothes leaving him a good ten things or so.

now he is running up an down the hall with socks and underwear, hanging them on my little laundry rack, then taking them off and running back down the hall with them. repeat the process 40 times or so. you get the idea. okay, i admit this was far more hilarious then came through in the telling. alas...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-08-2005, 04:25 PM
Veggie Regular

When my daughter and her cousin were about 16-18 months old, they gibberish talked to each other constantly! (and seemed to know EXACTLY what the other was saying). They'd jabber and giggle and both take off running to the other room and touch the same spot on the wall and fall down laughing! When they were a little older, they'd take a play teapot/coffee pot to that SAME spot on the wall and get and endless refill!
#3 Old 03-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Veggie Regular

now that's creepy Annie !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-08-2005, 05:14 PM
Veggie Regular

my son when he was three decided to get his own breakfast. I came into the room and found him completely naked eating peanut butter out of the jar with his fingers and watching cartoons.
#5 Old 03-09-2005, 11:34 AM
Veggie Regular

i love the naked peanut butter image berrykat. wish my son would eat peanut butter naked or clothed. alas.
#6 Old 03-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Baby Love

I observed so many funny kiddie situations while working in daycare ... I think they must be smashed away somewhere unable to find their way out for me to share Hmmm ... so far I am remembering lots of mooing, a girl that was scared of light reflections on the ceiling, food or paint schmeared all over themselves, and random other stuff. Most of its way funnier when you are there
#7 Old 03-09-2005, 01:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrykat View Post

my son when he was three decided to get his own breakfast. I came into the room and found him completely naked eating peanut butter out of the jar with his fingers and watching cartoons.

I caught my husband doing the same thing!

Just kidding.

When my brother was just a babe in arms (crawling, but pre-walking age), we lived near a college campus. When we were walking and any particularly large busted, attractive young (it was a college campus, after all) female would walk through his line of vision, he would smack his lips and get all excited and flap his arms. The wierd thing is, he was not breast fed...at all! hmmmmm

He has turned out to be a very non lecherous (toward the general population, but his wife would tell a different story ) sort of guy. I guess he just got it out of his system when he was too young to be a threat.

One of my kids got caught in a bucket once. He thought it looked the right size to get into so he stepped in and oonched his little butt in there. He couldn't stand up. I was a mean mommie and took a picture before helping him out. he has forgiven me.
#8 Old 03-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Veggie Regular

I picked up my 3 year old sister at daycare of christmas break. Her hair was everywhere, standing up, she looked crazy. Our conversation went kinda like this:

Me: Hi honey. Whats up with your hair? Didn't mommy fix it today?

Maya: No, I didn't want her to

Me: Well why not, she fixes it so pretty.

Maya: cause

Me: cause why?

Maya: I like to look scary!

She is such a crazy girl.
#9 Old 03-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Veggie Regular

oh gosh, I need to keep a journal of all the hilarious things my son has been doing as a toddler so that I don't forget them!

Our latest favorite is that he has recently discovered hiding - but the funny thing is that he wants people to hide WITH him. He'll grab my hand, and his daddy's hand, if he's home, and take us behind the rocking chair in his bedroom. After a minute or so, I'll whisper "who are we hiding from?" and he'll put his finger over his nose (yes, his nose) and say "shhhhhhh!"

he never tires of this game!
#10 Old 03-09-2005, 06:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Colorful, Emily does the finger on the nose thing too! It's too cute!

The other day we were sitting together on my bed and all of a sudden she looked really concerned, and pointed to my leg and said, "Owie, owie." So I said, "No, I don't have an owie on my leg." And she slapped my leg! Then she gave me that same concerned look, pointed to my leg and said, "Owie, mama." Of course I let her know that hitting was not ok, but I almost had to leave the room so she wouldn't see me laughing!
#11 Old 03-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Veggie Regular

i love these stories. i actually do keep a journal of the funny things that my son does, cuz i am so tired of hearing my mother say, i don't remember, that was over 40 years ago...when i say to daniel "where's your nose?" he sticks his finger in his ear and looks so proud...it used to be he'd touch my nose in answer to that question

he also does a lot of the finger flipping his own lip while he hums how do you spell that? blp blp blp??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page