Kids Songs - Oh Gosh - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-16-2005, 09:32 AM
Beginner

Oh My God, I'm sitting here checking out the boards with my 2 year old and he's singing... but I have no idea what he's singing... and he's going "babababaaaaaa I nunninit"... and I listen... and I listen... and finally I realize... he's singing "Bada ba ba baaa, I'm lovin it"....????? So ironic.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Veggie Regular

YIKES! That's my worst nightmare... no more tv for that boy! LOL

Baylor and I listen to country music while driving. I don't know the name of the song but the chorus is "... she's gone... she's gone... she's gone..." and he sings that phrase all the time! It's so funny! He's got the rhythm down and everything! LOL.
#3 Old 02-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Veggie Regular

When my (then) three year old fell asleep singing "...It's the right time of the night for making love..." I started re-thinking the RADIO... (and that's MILD compared to many songs!!) We usually listen to CD's now....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-16-2005, 12:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Uh-oh! Since we don't turn the TV on during the day, we play the radio all the time. I just like the cheerfulness of the noise during the day. I usually keep it on the country station, which isn't too bad, but...I guess there are songs out there like "My give-a-damn is busted!" and "Save a horse, ride a cowboy"...

My parents would raise an eyebrow if those words came out of my little one's mouth!
#5 Old 02-16-2005, 01:01 PM
Veggie Regular

My kid loves Irish drinking songs
#6 Old 02-16-2005, 01:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Not related to the radio or advertising songs. but have to add this.

I remember when i was 7 and in the brownies. We went on the pack holiday which was helped with supervision from the girl guides. Anyway they taught us all this song we used to sing in the evenings around a "campfire". When me and my friend came home singing it, our mothers were completely horrified. At the time i didn't see anything wrong with it - I was a nieve little 7 year old. But now i can't believe that the supervisors of the pack holiday let us sing it and can completely understand our parents horror.

Song lyrics below.

We are the geordie girls

We wear our hair in curls

we wear out dungarees right to our sexy knees

one day the boy next door

he got me on the floor

he said it wouldn't hurt

he stuck it up my skirt

my mother was surprised

to see my stomach rise

then she jumped for joy

it was a baby boy.
#7 Old 02-16-2005, 01:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh lord. When my little sister was about 6, we were listening to the Grateful Dead, a song called "Uncle Johns Band" (in case any of you have heard it) in one part of the song, it goes 'god damn while I declare, have you seen the light...' and my little sister somehow caught onto this phrase and started singing it all the time. Oh, my Mom was steamed- shes hates the g-d word more than any other swear word known to man.
#8 Old 02-16-2005, 01:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh my goodness!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vheogl View Post

Not related to the radio or advertising songs. but have to add this.

I remember when i was 7 and in the brownies. We went on the pack holiday which was helped with supervision from the girl guides. Anyway they taught us all this song we used to sing in the evenings around a "campfire". When me and my friend came home singing it, our mothers were completely horrified. At the time i didn't see anything wrong with it - I was a nieve little 7 year old. But now i can't believe that the supervisors of the pack holiday let us sing it and can completely understand our parents horror.

Song lyrics below.

We are the geordie girls

he got me on the floor

he said it wouldn't hurt

he stuck it up my skirt

my mother was surprised

to see my stomach rise

then she jumped for joy

it was a baby boy.

#9 Old 02-16-2005, 02:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

When my (then) three year old fell asleep singing "...It's the right time of the night for making love..." I started re-thinking the RADIO... (and that's MILD compared to many songs!!) We usually listen to CD's now....

Really? You stopped listening to the radio because she quipped that? I think it's harmless and so funny!
#10 Old 02-16-2005, 02:24 PM
Veggie Regular

My 5yo's favorite is currently "What do you do with a drunken sailor?"
#11 Old 02-16-2005, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rincaro View Post

My 5yo's favorite is currently "What do you do with a drunken sailor?"

Ironically, that is the favorite song of my 34-year old SIL.
#12 Old 02-16-2005, 02:44 PM
Veggie Regular

My 5yo's favorite answer is "Put him in a longboat til he's sober"...

I don't think I wanna know how your SIL answers the question. Course it would all depend on how the alcohol, ahem, affected said sailor.
#13 Old 02-16-2005, 02:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkmommy View Post

My kid loves Irish drinking songs

LOL My mom said when I was a tot I also loved them. (Still do of course )

Also...Led Zeppelin was big in our house. By the time I was 3...I would teeter over to the cassettes and pull out the pink one...Led Zeppelin

Hey my p's were 19 so they weren't about to bust out the show tunes or anything lol. I listened to what they listened to
#14 Old 02-16-2005, 03:51 PM
Veggie Regular

My little cousin (8) changed the lyrics to the McD song to ...buh buh buh, I'm killin' it.

At least his is honest. (He's vegan, by the way)
#15 Old 02-16-2005, 06:07 PM
Veggie Regular

My parents used to sing me to sleep with The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down I couldn't understand why the New York Yankees were burying people...

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#16 Old 02-16-2005, 07:27 PM
Veggie Regular

My kids like Wilco, Phish, Uncle Tupelo, Elliot Smith, They Might Be Giants... I have no idea where they would have heard such stuff... Oh... but my daughter loves loves loves Good Charlotte...I mean she reallllly loves them.
#17 Old 02-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Veggie Regular

My 2yo nephew goes insane over Queen's "Bicycle". The child barely talks but can sing that entire song.
#18 Old 02-16-2005, 08:57 PM
Beginner

Ethan loves singing. Probably because I sing to him every night and we sing together all the time. We do everything from hard rock (Aerosmith YaY), punk rock, show tunes, musicals. He likes Lazy Town & Backyardigans on NickJr too. They're songs are pretty cute and fun to sing. Also Dora The Explorer and Blues Clues. I'm a singer, so we're aaaaaaalways listening to something.
#19 Old 02-17-2005, 05:19 PM
Veggie Regular

When my daughter was very young, too young to even talk really, she woke up one morning singing in her crib.

It was a commercial for Cheerios "oh, oh, oh, oh, Cheer-ee-oes"! Over and over again. I don't think she could have asked for it as clearly but she sure could sing for it!
#20 Old 02-27-2005, 09:25 PM

when my baby brother was.. maybe two.. he'll be six soon... he would sing "zoom zoom zoom" from a car commercial..

and he knows the lyrics to aqua's barbie girl..
#21 Old 02-27-2005, 11:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rincaro View Post

My 2yo nephew goes insane over Queen's "Bicycle". The child barely talks but can sing that entire song.

My 15 year old just came home from a sleepover... she's bouncing off the walls, raving about this 'really cool new song' her friend's Mom was playing in the car... she couldn't remember the title or artist but it was something about a 'Bicycle' in it... so I sang it to her and she was amazed... "How do YOU know that song, Mom?"

I got out my Queen album...
#22 Old 02-28-2005, 02:22 PM
Veggie Regular

That's hilarious. I look at people just a bit younger than me, and even some my age, and they know nothing about music. Seriously. I have my Ramones poster, and this girl came by and was like "Who are they?"

And my creative writing teacher saw my Pink Floyd tshirt and was like "aren't you a little young to like them?"

Um, some music should still be liked by everyone. And if you'll excuse me, I just found a copy of The Police's Synchronicity (As in a vinyl album) at the used bookstore. Time for some music appreciation. :-p
#23 Old 02-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vheogl View Post

Song lyrics below.

We are the geordie girls

he got me on the floor

he said it wouldn't hurt

he stuck it up my skirt

my mother was surprised

to see my stomach rise

then she jumped for joy

it was a baby boy.

I still sing this one sometimes.
#24 Old 02-28-2005, 03:45 PM
Veggie Regular

My sons' favorite adult music is Paul Simon!
#25 Old 02-28-2005, 06:36 PM
Veggie Regular

I burst into tears as a child when mom and dad played "Nashville Cats" on the way home in the car. I thought they were saying "Mash Little Cats". My mom still likes to give me flack for that.
#26 Old 02-28-2005, 06:42 PM
Veggie Regular

lol brahm...that is sweet yet crazy. as a kid, i thought the michael jackson lyric Shake your body down to the ground...was shake your body like a toothbrush. a friend who heard the old Bruce Cockburn song "if i had a rocket launcher..." thought it was "if i had a rocking lawn chair"

i sing to my 16 month old non-stop. i used to sing dona nobis pacem (latin sacred peace chant) but changed the words to "daniel is the boy i love" i make up songs a lot. he'll be warped for any elem music classs. i better plan to homeschool Now.
#27 Old 02-28-2005, 08:41 PM
Veggie Regular

When I was little, I loved music and singing along with the radio and my mom's 45s. But I was notorious for messing up lyrics.

My most "famous" misheard lyric was Sade's "Smooth Operator." I thought she was saying, "Smooth on the Red Eye."

Billy Ocean wasn't singing "Caribbean Queen", but, "Jenny, you quit!"

When Starship sang, "We Built This City on Rock n' Roll", I sang along: "We Built This City on Fourth Street Road"!

And Eddy Grant wasn't going to rock "down to" Electric Avenue. I saw it as some kind of weird cautionary tale: "Don't Do Electric Avenue!"

Can you tell I'm a child of the 80's?

slops, gloops, and gruels.
#28 Old 03-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Veggie Regular

peace i love those kinds of mistakes...i thought do the hussle (a child of the 70's here) was do the hotdog

and there was this song called it's magic and the lyric was whoa whoa whoa it's magic you know... my friend thought it was it's my d#ck...he he
#29 Old 03-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecat View Post

peace i love those kinds of mistakes...i thought do the hussle (a child of the 70's here) was do the hotdog

and there was this song called it's magic and the lyric was whoa whoa whoa it's magic you know... my friend thought it was it's my d#ck...he he

And then there's Manfred Mann's Blinded by the Light

Might as well step into the Wayback Machine while we're at it (we don't have children but can appreciate songs of "old" or just plain strange...)

These sites are specifically for children (or the adults that remember them as children...)

Kiddie Records

Singing Science Records

The Notochords Sings! (not full downloads; just samples.)

And the rest are the sites of the strange, weird, bizarre, or just what you'd expect from 30 years ago (or even the present for that matter)

weirdomusic.com

April Winchell: Multimedia

365 Days Project

Frank's Vinyl Museum

And for really old, how about some radio theatre?

RadioLovers

Enjoy!
#30 Old 03-01-2005, 01:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post

When I was little, I loved music and singing along with the radio and my mom's 45s. But I was notorious for messing up lyrics.

My most "famous" misheard lyric was Sade's "Smooth Operator." I thought she was saying, "Smooth on the Red Eye."

Billy Ocean wasn't singing "Caribbean Queen", but, "Jenny, you quit!"

When Starship sang, "We Built This City on Rock n' Roll", I sang along: "We Built This City on Fourth Street Road"!

And Eddy Grant wasn't going to rock "down to" Electric Avenue. I saw it as some kind of weird cautionary tale: "Don't Do Electric Avenue!"

Can you tell I'm a child of the 80's?

Okay, okay, here's one: Phil Collins [or was it Genesis, then? Whatever], "Invisible Touches":

"She see the hat and simply won't touch it"

An ex of mine thought those were the words for 2 decades. I almost peed a little bit when I heard him singing along with the radio.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page