6Likes
  • 2 Post By Naturebound
  • 2 Post By andreamartinez
  • 1 Post By LedBoots
  • 1 Post By Radharc

#1 Old 07-29-2015, 10:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Why Eggs Are GROSS!!! [A Video For Kids!]

This video is for kids! [but adults can watch too] Today we’re going to talk about why eggs are super GROSS and why they’re really bad for your body and the chickens they come from. You may never look at breakfast the same. For more information, resources & egg-free options see the blog post linked in video.

--------
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-29-2015, 12:39 PM

So does anyone know if all this information is true? I didn't know that "cage-free" meant that chickens were still crammed together.
#3 Old 07-29-2015, 04:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radharc View Post
So does anyone know if all this information is true? I didn't know that "cage-free" meant that chickens were still crammed together.
I personally witnessed a "free range" "cage free" warehouse full of chickens crammed so close together running around on the floor that they were climbing over each other. This was when driving by a Gold N Plump chicken company warehouse on the way to visit relatives a few years ago. It was a horrible image that will always stay with me.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-29-2015, 07:36 PM

An eye-opener. I've heard before that chickens are not good for health because of the chemicals or medicines injected to them. But its my first time to learn that their eggs too. Nice information though. Something to ponder!
#5 Old 07-29-2015, 09:05 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Yes, it is true, unfortunately. sad pics in spoilers
Spoiler
BiteSizeVegan likes this.
#6 Old 07-30-2015, 02:25 AM

Oh wow. And my husband thought he was being helpful by suggesting that we eat cage-free chicken and eggs. I'm glad I held out.
BiteSizeVegan likes this.
#7 Old 07-31-2015, 04:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
for that you can see my video on humane/free range- it's older but addresses that. there is no legal requirement really for those terms... like "free-range" means they must have "access to the outdoors" but an open tiny door that's screened over so they can *see* outside qualifies.

oh was going to post pics but see they've been done...

You can also see the blog post for the video for links to the studies referenced for the health aspects.

--------

YouTube:

Facebook:

#8 Old 07-31-2015, 04:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Oh wow. And my husband thought he was being helpful by suggesting that we eat cage-free chicken and eggs. I'm glad I held out.
glad you did too! i think the whole "free range" "humane" etc is some of the most dangerous marketing out there because it allows us to keep committing cruelty whilst believing we're doing good.

--------

YouTube:

Facebook:

#9 Old 07-31-2015, 04:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
I personally witnessed a "free range" "cage free" warehouse full of chickens crammed so close together running around on the floor that they were climbing over each other. This was when driving by a Gold N Plump chicken company warehouse on the way to visit relatives a few years ago. It was a horrible image that will always stay with me.
oh wow. horrifying and such a lie.

--------

YouTube:

Facebook:

#10 Old 07-31-2015, 04:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreamartinez View Post
An eye-opener. I've heard before that chickens are not good for health because of the chemicals or medicines injected to them. But its my first time to learn that their eggs too. Nice information though. Something to ponder!
so glad it was helpful! it's crazy that eggs are still touted as a "health food"

--------

YouTube:

Facebook:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page