Herbicides found in human-breast milk - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-08-2014, 12:33 PM

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/04/22/glyphosate-herbicide.aspx

This is exactly why I tell everyone that comes in contact with my son "If it's not organic, he can't have it!" 

Conventional food is not only killing yourself it's killing the world as well. Organic is nothing special in fact it is exactly how are food is suppose to be, unadulterated! Who is with me? LETS ALL GO ORGANIC!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-08-2014, 02:48 PM
Banned

Organic food isn't "unadulterated". Organic farmers can use pesticides as well, but they are "natural" pesticides.

Currently its not known whether eating organic foods results in improved health outcomes. The amount of pesticide residue on American grown produce is well below what the USDA and similar organizations have determined to be safe.

I don't bother much with buying organic and I wouldn't worry much about babies eating non-organic food either.

Also, just to point out, the website you're posting also has numerous articles about how dangerous vegan and vegetarian diets are.
#3 Old 05-08-2014, 03:04 PM

I am not siting the website for it's other posts this is a very interesting article about how EVIL MONSANTOS is and de-bunking the research they paid for about "gmo's", of course eating non organic is harmful for you & everyone & every being on this earth, and this earth! Chemicals that are strong enough to kill animals as large as small foxes are sprayed onto crops, toxins then leaches into the soil and are absorbed through the roots of the plants and the reason that the plants do not die is because they are genetically modified. Your product whatever it may be may look normal but if taken under a microscope you will find that there is a dramatically less amount of vitamins and minerals and you're really consuming nothing but poison that looks like food. Also think about this you are not just consuming one herbicide when you eat non organic each farmer uses different herbicides & pesticides so you are consuming who really knows how many toxins!!! 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-08-2014, 03:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineLove View Post

I am not siting the website for it's other posts this is a very interesting article about how EVIL MONSANTOS is and de-bunking the research they paid for about "gmo's", of course eating non organic is harmful for you & everyone & every being on this earth, and this earth!
My point in mentioning the other posts was to point out that the site is not a reliable source of information, its an agenda driven website.
Quote:

Chemicals that are strong enough to kill animals as large as small foxes are sprayed onto crops, toxins then leaches into the soil and are absorbed through the roots of the plants and the reason that the plants do not die is because they are genetically modified.
Many chemicals, both synthetic and natural, can kill large animals The question is at what quantity? Standard produce only has trace amounts of pesticide that are well below levels that have been found to be safe.
Quote:

Your product whatever it may be may look normal but if taken under a microscope you will find that there is a dramatically less amount of vitamins and minerals and you're really consuming nothing but poison that looks like food.
Standard produce has the same amount of nutrients as organic produce, the big difference between the two is the type of pesticide residue you're going to find on the item. This has been tested.
Quote:

Also think about this you are not just consuming one herbicide when you eat non organic each farmer uses different herbicides & pesticides so you are consuming who really knows how many toxins!!! 
Farmers can only use approved pesticides in approved quantities so we know a good deal about the amount of pesticide residue that will be left.

And just to point out again, there are a number of pesticides that are approved for organic farming.
#5 Old 05-10-2014, 03:07 PM
Veggie Regular

This is a way over blown issue (like just about everything coming from anti-gmo activists). 

http://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/05/06/mass-general-pediatrics-chief-says-glyphosate-poses-no-danger-in-breast-milk/#.U26h6q1dWhg

Quote:

What does this mean for the health of an infant?

The highest reported concentration of glyphosate in the 3 breast milk samples (165 ug/L) does not appear to be representative of what may actually be found in breast milk and may be incorrect for analytical reasons. However, even if taken at face value, this would still result in infant intakes well below the ADI. (A 5 Kg or 11-pound infant will take in roughly one liter per day of breast milk, or 165 ug per day. This would be 33 ug per kilogram of body weight per day versus an ADI of 1750 ug per kilogram per day. The intake of glyphosate, even at the highest reported breast milk level, is well below levels that would raise health concerns.

No gods, No masters, No woo, No whey! Ⓥ
Read my blog and be skeptical not susceptible
http://skepticalvegan.wordpress.com/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page