What is causing my typo errors ? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-10-2008, 11:57 PM
Banned

What is cpy ausing ty

^^ Example..That was how the title ended after I typed it. It seems about every 2ND post my typing bar jumps back uncontrolled and starts typing in the previous words that have been typed

Its happens in my e/mail as well . Trouble is , I cant screen type , so I normally look at the key boards and then press the submit button , consequently I am always having to hit the edit button to tidy it up .

Have the normal AVG plus spyware ....what do you think is causing it .

Cant wait for Bof to reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-11-2008, 12:03 AM
Veggie Regular

One of my keyboards started doing strange things before it died...

You may want to plug in a different one, just to see if that makes a difference. See if you can borrow one from work, or buy a new one with a good return policy.

By the way...if a keyboard is screwing up, you can not fix it by grabbing it, turning it upside down, and banging it against your desk several times...

Give thanks to Mother Earth for Her greatest gift...

...gravity.

For without it, we would be lost.
#3 Old 05-11-2008, 12:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Yeah.... does sound like the keyboard is going out...

I once had one that did that. Sometimes I'd type like "the alphabet is fun" and end up with "te pht sun" other times "theeeeeeeeeee aaalphaaaabeeeeet." (if you get the idea, just repeating certain characters).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-11-2008, 12:26 AM
Banned

^^ thanks for the reply LP and JLR ...i forgot to add in the OP , I am using a laptop , its not sounding to good if the problem is in the key board then .
#5 Old 05-11-2008, 01:10 AM
Bof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesand View Post

Have the normal AVG plus spyware ....what do you think is causing it .

Cant wait for Bof to reply

The worst excuse I ever heard for dyslexia!

(I'm told that dyslexia is endemic in Aotearoa).
#6 Old 05-11-2008, 01:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

^^ thanks for the reply LP and JLR ...i forgot to add in the OP , I am using a laptop , its not sounding to good if the problem is in the key board then .

It could be your laptop's keyboard.

Does your laptop have a touchpad near your hands when you type? I've had times where my wrist will accidently hit the touchpad and move my mouse cursor to a different spot I was typing, before I knew it I had typed over what I was writing.
#7 Old 05-11-2008, 01:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdufstuff View Post

It could be your laptop's keyboard.

Does your laptop have a touchpad near your hands when you type? I've had times where my wrist will accidently hit the touchpad and move my mouse cursor to a different spot I was typing, before I knew it I had typed over what I was writing.

Thanks for that , come to think of it , the touch pad is incredibly sensitive ....I will monitor it future and see what happens . I think i can adjust the touch sensitivity of the pad some where .
#8 Old 05-11-2008, 02:07 AM
Veggie Regular

You could also hook up an external keyboard/mouse and not use the one on the notebook. Or just disable the touchpad and use the mouse (if that happens to be the problem).

Basically.... on a notebook the keyboard is really useful - but you can "swap" it for another one in a sense too.
#9 Old 05-11-2008, 02:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLRodgers View Post

You could also hook up an external keyboard/mouse and not use the one on the notebook. Or just disable the touchpad and use the mouse (if that happens to be the problem).

Basically.... on a notebook the keyboard is really useful - but you can "swap" it for another one in a sense too.

Thanks , did think in worst case scenario that I could hook up an external keyboard , just using the mouse sounds better though . I have just found I can disable the touch pad when I'm typing (using it now ) it seems to have a time lag when the touch pad kicks back in , which can be adjusted , after you finish typing and so far so good .
#10 Old 05-11-2008, 02:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bof View Post

The worst excuse I ever heard for dyslexia!

(I'm told that dyslexia is endemic in Aotearoa).

^ .....Bof ...go and cuddle that python which lives in your garage
#11 Old 05-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Banned

Thanks for all of the advice ....it did help me work through what was doing on . The fault was a sensitive touchpad and the sleeve of my shirt brushing the touchpad causing the bar to jump .

Anyway , just deactivated the touchpad while I type and problem solved .
#12 Old 05-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Veggie Regular

OK, so how do you disable the touchpad?

Another problem with laptops is that the whole keyboard gets 'loose' and starts to 'sag' or some other such technical word and the cursor will 'jump back' without touching the touchpad at all.

Mine did this horribly and I had it tightened/adjusted/fixed/something about two years ago. It's just now starting to do it again and is rather annoying. I type with a really heavy hand and really pound the keys which isn't good for laptops either... {sigh}...
#13 Old 05-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Bof
Banned

Quote:

The fault was a sensitive touchpad and the sleeve of my shirt brushing the touchpad causing the bar to jump .

Anyway , just deactivated the touchpad while I type and problem solved .

Another solution would be to move to Queensland, where you don't need long sleeves.
#14 Old 05-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

OK, so how do you disable the touchpad?

Another problem with laptops is that the whole keyboard gets 'loose' and starts to 'sag' or some other such technical word and the cursor will 'jump back' without touching the touchpad at all.

Mine did this horribly and I had it tightened/adjusted/fixed/something about two years ago. It's just now starting to do it again and is rather annoying. I type with a really heavy hand and really pound the keys which isn't good for laptops either... {sigh}...

Tofu , to disable touchpad . In my task bar there is a mouse properties box click on it , then click on " Tapping box" at the top , then in the typing area tick the box "Tap off when typing"

So you are heavy handed and pound the keys....sounds like you were a boxer in a past life
#15 Old 05-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bof View Post

Another solution would be to move to Queensland, where you don't need long sleeves.

No good to me Bof , moving to Queensland would not be a good solution , I need my sleeves down ...have had 20 sunspots burnt off and another stack ready to be burnt . .

It did get me thinking re living in Aussie , was on an earthquake site recently and it showed all the earth quakes in the past three months , NZ had about 50 hits , Aussie had virtually none .....What an improvement I would make to the place if I did cross the ditch .
#16 Old 05-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Veggie Regular

I thought that maybe, like me, you'd just quit smoking. Cause I've been making stupid errors all week and that's the reason. But yeah, everyone's right, it's probably your keyboard. (Maybe I can blame that too... lol)
#17 Old 05-11-2008, 08:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbnny View Post

I thought that maybe, like me, you'd just quit smoking. Cause I've been making stupid errors all week and that's the reason. But yeah, everyone's right, it's probably your keyboard. (Maybe I can blame that too... lol)

Congrats on putting down the cigs!!!

I plan to do that myself...um....soon...*puffs*

Give thanks to Mother Earth for Her greatest gift...

...gravity.

For without it, we would be lost.
#18 Old 05-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyPerv View Post

Congrats on putting down the cigs!!!

I plan to do that myself...um....soon...*puffs*

Thank you! Lol I'm still pretty new to the whole thing. Why don't you just put it out and join me? *just kidding* It helepd getting The Easy Way to Quit Smoking by Allen Carr. PM me if want

And uh... on topic... I just spent forever fixing my typos hree. It's either the beer or the smokelessness but I'm blaming the keyboard
#19 Old 05-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbnny View Post

I just spent forever fixing my typos hree.

*giggles*
#20 Old 05-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutaweirdo View Post

*giggles*

That was my keyboard's fault.
#21 Old 05-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Bof
Banned

I'm telling Bluesand that you three hijacked this thread.

We Australasians stick together!
#22 Old 05-16-2008, 06:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Psycho-somatic auditory hallucinations

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page