Fuel Technology - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-04-2008, 03:26 PM

The car company Chrysler LLC is spending $3 billion in new fuel technology to improve fuel efficiency and building a certified green dealership. With gas prices going up without any end in site...what do you think about car companies spending billions on new fuel technology?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-05-2008, 05:17 AM
Veggie Regular

I think I'll continue riding my bike. The price of gas is the price of a can of beans.
#3 Old 03-06-2008, 09:38 AM

Hey riding a bike is never a bad thing. Alot of people live in the middle of nowhere and needs to drive to work, markets, etc. I'm all for new fuel technology. The more US EPA SmartWay environmental certified vehicles we have the better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-14-2008, 11:05 AM

Most cars cost so much because companies put luxury items in the cars. Not all car companies are expensive (depending on what your definition of expensive is). Chrysler has cars under 20,000.

Going car shopping over the weekend so I'll be watching the prices.
#5 Old 03-15-2008, 08:26 AM

Auto companies are only spending billions because they expect to make more.

Automobiles are completely unsustainable and contribute greatly to an unsustainable culture. Bigdufstuff has the right idea. Forget cars.
#6 Old 03-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post

Hey riding a bike is never a bad thing. Alot of people live in the middle of nowhere and needs to drive to work, markets, etc. I'm all for new fuel technology. The more US EPA SmartWay environmental certified vehicles we have the better.

Better fuel technology isn't a bad thing, however, as long as we rely on fossil fuels as our main energy source we are dealing with an unsustainable energy source

Most people that could choose to buy a new car due to new fuel technology, are the same people that could relocate to a place that isn't in the middle of nowhere, where they don't need to drive to work, markets, etc. The money saved by not driving small distances (less than 15 miles) would make up for the money spent in a slightly more expensive home closer to the city.

Most people choose this car culture lifestyle and I have no sympathy for them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page