Gamers Unite! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-14-2008, 09:35 AM

Anyone else an avid video gamer? {Sorry, but if you only play WoW and nothing else, you don't count. }

What systems do you have? What are you playing right now? What are you looking forward to? What are you buying next?

I personally have an Xbox 360, a gaming PC, and a Nintendo DS, and I share a PS3 with my husband. We used to also share a Wii, until we realized we NEVER played it, so we sold it for like $400 around Christmas time. {If anyone is interested in hearing my rants about the Wii, feel free to ask and I'll be happy to step on my soapbox and indulge you. }

I always have a bunch of games going at once, so currently I'm playing Call of Duty 4 {360}, Rock Band {360}, Blue Dragon {360}, Ratchet & Clank Future {worth buying a PS3 for!}, Diablo II {PC}, Prism {DS}, and Professor Layton and the Curious Village {DS}.

I am very much looking forward to Spore {PC} and FFXIII {PS3}.

I played the demo for Devil May Cry 4 last night, so that's on my list of "to buy next", along with Lost Odyssey.

Okay, now it's your turn! {Sorry, but I get ridiculously excited talking about video games. I geek out and all sorts of other embarrassing things.}
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Veggie Regular

I've got a NES emulator and I'm currently trying to beat Solomon's Key.
#3 Old 02-14-2008, 09:52 AM

I have an NES emulator on my DS, with every single old NES ROM. It's super fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-14-2008, 09:54 AM
Veggie Regular

OMGOMGOMG tell me everything about rock band! I really really want it when it comes out over here but I think I'll need a new console first, doubt it'll come out for PS2.

(Was that a bit too enthusiastic? )

I'm currently working on Escape from Monkey Island, I just can't crack it.

I haven't been playing much since I came back to uni because I don't want to have to pay a TV licence so I can only use my crappy laptop.

Plan to start on random 360 games at the weekend because I'm going home and my brother will want someone to play with him. I'll work on guitar hero 3 on medium too.
#5 Old 02-14-2008, 10:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracket. View Post

Ratchet & Clank Future {worth buying a PS3 for!}

aarghhh dont say that!!!

I loved Ratchet and Clank 1&2 on ps2 (never got 3 cause it seemed pretty focussed on multiplayer and i dont have that) and I really want to play the ps3 one =(

If i had £400 odd to spare it certainly wouldnt be going on a ps3 though!

I'll wait til the ps4 is coming out so theyre reduced, haha
#6 Old 02-14-2008, 10:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Not an Avid player, But I do own an Xbox 360. Add me FB305 and lets play some Halo 3 =)
#7 Old 02-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Ferret View Post

aarghhh dont say that!!!

I loved Ratchet and Clank 1&2 on ps2 (never got 3 cause it seemed pretty focussed on multiplayer and i dont have that) and I really want to play the ps3 one =(

If i had £400 odd to spare it certainly wouldnt be going on a ps3 though!

I'll wait til the ps4 is coming out so theyre reduced, haha

I'm going to wait for the slimline one to come out. I'm not going from my tiny weeny PS2 to a console I need a get another room for. But singstar for ps3

The price of the normal ps3 has dropped loads since it's release, even more compared to it's stated release price lol.
#8 Old 02-14-2008, 11:50 AM

Fona: Rock Band is AWESOME. It's like Guitar Hero on steroids, heh. It's a totally different structure than GH. You don't go through a linear career mode, but it's more realistic. You play gigs, win fans etc, and as you get more fans you and move on to more venues. I've heard that the drumming is hard, but I don't find it hard {maybe because I drum in real life}. I love everything about the game, and it's especially fun to play while intoxicated, heh. I'm not sure where you're located, but here in the US {and Canada} they've released it on the PS2!!! So you may be able to get a PS2 copy from over here, or they might release it where you are too. I'd highly recommend picking it up, it's really awesome, and a great game to play with others.

Pirate Ferret: Coooome to the darkside...buy a PS3! You know you want to. The PS3 is actually not really focused on multiplayer at all. The 360 seems more multiplayer focused. All of the good games for the PS3 so far are single player {Uncharted: Drake's Fortune etc}, and there are a bunch of great singe-player exclusives coming out for it too {Final Fantasy XIII, for example}. The PS3 keeps dropping in price, so if you wait a bit longer, you should be able to pick one up pretty inexpensively. Especially with Blu Ray likely to win the format wars, the cost of manufacturing a Blu Ray player is going to drop {which is what is making the PS3 so expensive to begin with}. Right now the PS3 is kind of losing the console wars, but I have a feeling it's going to come up from behind and win out again, just like with the last gen consoles {ie. PS2}.

FB305: Not to sound sexist...but are you a guy? I play with guys all of the time, but my husband doesn't like me adding random guys from the internet to my friends list. Sorry! I would really love to have some more Halo 3 buddies. Maybe I'll ask him and he'll be okay with it. I'll let you know. If you happen to be a girl, then no problem, I will totally add you.
#9 Old 02-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Fona: Rock Band is AWESOME. It's like Guitar Hero on steroids, heh. It's a totally different structure than GH. You don't go through a linear career mode, but it's more realistic. You play gigs, win fans etc, and as you get more fans you and move on to more venues. I've heard that the drumming is hard, but I don't find it hard {maybe because I drum in real life}. I love everything about the game, and it's especially fun to play while intoxicated, heh. I'm not sure where you're located, but here in the US {and Canada} they've released it on the PS2!!! So you may be able to get a PS2 copy from over here, or they might release it where you are too. I'd highly recommend picking it up, it's really awesome, and a great game to play with others.

You've just made me so much more excited. It's the drumming bit I really want (ex-drummer, next door had a baby lol). I wouldn't be able to get one from US/Canada because the consoles have region locks shouldn't be long until it's out here though.
#10 Old 02-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't game as much as I used to, since I'm getting old and I now completely suck at video games, but I still tinker some.

My younger bro has an xbox 360, so I play that whenever I visit. Guitar Hero and Bioshock have been my two favorites. Guitar hero is just really silly fun, I love it. Bioshock is incredible though. What an incredible atmosphere.

At my place though, I occasionally play sim/strategy games. Sims 2, Civ 4 those types. Lately though, (despite being an american) I've been absolutely hooked on Football Manager. I'm a dork.
#11 Old 02-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Veggie Regular

How much IS a ps3 now?

Im a poor student so it'll still be too much =(

Unless its like, £20 haha

I like the Idea of a slimline PS3 too!

I had a normal ps2, then when I went to uni my sister wouldnt let me take it with (but she never touches it greedy cow), and my parents bought me a slimline one that christmas. its soo thin! Loads nicer!

Unfortunately I couldnt afford a TV to play it on so had to ask for one for my birthday in April haha. It just sat in a box for 4 months reminding me of how much of a loser i was -_-
#12 Old 02-14-2008, 06:35 PM

It looks like you could get a 40g one on ebay for about 300 quid.
#13 Old 02-18-2008, 09:55 AM
Beginner

XBox 360- currently playing Rock Band, GH3, Halo 3(online matches) and Orange Box.

PSP-currently playing Sims Pets, Thrillville and GoSuduko
#14 Old 02-18-2008, 07:53 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm not a fan of console systems exactly. I do playing with the NES and SNES emulators a bit. I got as far as I could in Chrono Trigger (love this rpg) before running into a bug with the game and the emulators

I play EverQuest II sometimes, but mainly a first person shooter gamer. FPS games of the fast paced competitive variety. ID Software's Quake series in particular. I am in a executive position in a popular competitive Quake III Arena clan.
#15 Old 02-22-2008, 04:46 AM
Veggie Regular

What systems do you have? What are you playing right now? What are you looking forward to? What are you buying next?

I <3 Video Games. If my degree and hobbies didn't sap most of my time, I'd be on the verge of being a social recluse.

I've got a PSP, a Dreamcast, an Xbox 360 (My gamertag's Switch FTW, if anyone wants to play Halo 3 sometime ;p), a Gamecube (which I've yet to actually play), a PS2, and my laptop.

My PSP and laptop get most of my time, given that I'm staying in University halls this year, and I left everything else at home.

Currently playing Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness on my PSP and Final Fantasy XI on my laptop. :P
#16 Old 03-15-2008, 10:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm an avid gamer as well, I play every single day hehe =)

I have a DS Lite, Ps2, Wii, N64, and Snes (and I'll be honest also, I emulate snes/gba games on my computer) My boyfriend has an xbox 360 which means I have one by proxy lol but he lives far away.

Been playing [DS] Advance Wars: days of ruin lately, and [PC] FFXI Online on and off.

My favorite genres are RPGs (preferably fantasy), tactics/strategy, and monster raising sims (yes, I <3 pokemon).

My Favorite Games (sorted by system, In no particular order):

[Ps2] Okami

[Ps2] Radiata Stories

[Ps2] Jade Cocoon 2

[Ps2] Dark Cloud 2

[Ps2] Suikoden 3

[PS1] Suikoden 2

[PS1] Monster Rancher 2

[PS1] Digimon World 1

[GC] Skies of Arcadia

[N64] Harvest Moon 64

[GBC] Pokemon Gold

I have a ton of favorite series (.hack//, Digital Devil Saga, Harvest Moon, Guild Wars, etc) too many to list ^^;
#17 Old 03-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Veggie Regular

I have a PC (duh), Xbox 360, PS2 and PSP (which in the year and a half I've had it I've played one and a half games on, but it was a gift so oh well)... and Xbox and Gamecube but I haven't touched those in a while.

Quote:

Blue Dragon {360}, Ratchet & Clank Future {worth buying a PS3 for!}

I'm currently playing Blue Dragon right now. It's... I dunno, okay. I'm bothered by not having weapons on my characters for some reason?? I'm sick of watching the shadows attack. I kinda of feel like it removes some of the personality from the characters. I'm not very far into it, I'm not convinced I'll beat it.

I really am tempted to purchase a PS3 just for Ratchet and Clank... It's gotta be my favorite series ever (and I've been playing video games since NES first came out... Sorry Mario). I love those game so much and it feels wrong that I haven't played the newest one! I wanted a PSP just for the R&C game on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Ferret View Post

aarghhh dont say that!!!

You have to play the third one! It was amazing. You'll still get 20+ hours out of your first play through; don't worry about multiplayer, they did great with the single player game play and story.

Now the FOURTH one... That one disappointed me a little. The game itself seemed like a tutorial for the multiplayer. They took a step back on the humor and tried to make it more "mature"... Clank isn't even on your back at all!!! It's still not a bad game though, and worth renting if you like the series.

It sounds like they went back to the way it should be on the PS3 one, though... Hmm maybe I'll buy one tomorrow, haha...

I would have a wii if I could ever find one
#18 Old 03-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fona View Post

I'm currently working on Escape from Monkey Island, I just can't crack it.

Hurray for really old PC adventure games. I just started playing "The Longest Journey" and afterwards I'll probably play "Grim Fandango." Then I'll probably catch up on old PS2 games (like Snake Eater) while my brother has our 360 horded away at college.
#19 Old 03-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Currently, I pretty much only play Silkroad on my nice new semi-gaming Laptop. But at times I play my DS (Especially Brain Age and the Lost in Blue games, my favorites), and when I'm at my dad's house I love playing Halo, Call of Duty 4, things like that.

KOTOR I and II are probably my favorite classic games. Awesome story line in the first, better gameplay in the second.

And I used to be able to play DDR on Standard or Heavy, depending on the song, but momst people tell me that doesn't count, wah.
#20 Old 05-15-2008, 05:40 AM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Mm.... just waiting for Soul Calibre to come out in the shops. God I loved that game on the Dreamcast. So glad it's coming to Playstation.

Getting a Playstation 3 next payday... with Assassins Creed or whatever it's called, GTA4, something else.... hrmm....

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#21 Old 05-15-2008, 11:05 PM
Veggie Regular

playing GTA 4 right now.Just finished lost odyssey
#22 Old 05-17-2008, 11:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post

Mm.... just waiting for Soul Calibre to come out in the shops. God I loved that game on the Dreamcast. So glad it's coming to Playstation.

Getting a Playstation 3 next payday... with Assassins Creed or whatever it's called, GTA4, something else.... hrmm....

Wait... you're not talking about Soul Caliber 2 are you? I mean, 2 and 3 have come out since the first one was on the Dreamcast! And four is about to... I take it you mean that one. Hmm, maybe it did come out.

Oh, and you should rent Assassin's Creed, it's short.
#23 Old 05-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

The latest one, yes. About to come out in this country, probably already in the stores in others.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#24 Old 05-21-2008, 04:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Currently I have a pc: PIII-550 mhz 256 mb ram 8 mb video and an Amiga 1200: 68030 50 mhz 16 mb ram

Amiga games: Chaos Engine, Pang, Secret of Monky Island (part one), Pinball Illusions, Alien Breed, Apidya and I'm going to start some others after I buy whdload (allowes installing floppy disk based games to hard drive). If you want to know more about them, look them up here: Hall of Light

PC: Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction, Warcraft 2, Command and Conquer Red Alert 2, Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun, Simcity 3000, some old console games with emulators (mostly Super Nes games using the great zsnes), although I must say I'm heavily into Diablo 2 at the moment.

Used to have a Playstation 2 with a stack of Final Fantasy games, but I needed the money and sold them (except for the memory cards)
#25 Old 05-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Ex-*****

I'm not exactly an avid gamer any more. These days I just sit back and listen to oldskool game music while dreaming myself back to the good old days.

I've still got my Commodore 64 with Action Replay 6 and a 1541 disk drive, but it's packed away in a box in the closet somewhere. I mostly play games on an emulator (VICE running on Linux) with a PC joystick (which is so much better than just a keyboard) or listen to game music with xsidplay.

I no longer post here after VB was sold in 2012. (See my profile page for details.)
#26 Old 05-30-2008, 01:33 AM
Veggie Regular

I've just got back into playing Puzzle Pirates. Used to be an addict a few years ago, and it's great to get into the old routine again.

I'm also playing my way (slowly) through GTA4 and Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness.
#27 Old 05-30-2008, 06:10 AM

I'm a Secondlife addict myself. I like some of the OSS games, OOLite and Vegastrike, I've just downloaded the Scourge RPG (not had chance to play it yet tho).
#28 Old 05-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Bah... all you young whippersnappers with your fancy video games! Back in my day, we played Atari 2600, and Dungeons and Dragons with paper, pencil, and dice, and we had to walk 5 miles through the snow, uphill both ways, and we liked it!

These days, I'm going technologically backwards in my gaming. I play chess. Nothing like a great game that hasn't had a major rules change in over 500 years to make you realize that a game doesn't need fancy graphics or an expensive console to be addictive.

--Fromper

#29 Old 05-31-2008, 04:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

These days, I'm going technologically backwards in my gaming. I play chess. Nothing like a great game that hasn't had a major rules change in over 500 years to make you realize that a game doesn't need fancy graphics or an expensive console to be addictive.

yeah, sometimes simple is better, like just playing fetch with my robotic dog in my bubble domed hydroponic garden on the 15th habitat ring of the Omicron Persei VIII space station. relaxing.

* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
#30 Old 06-03-2008, 11:58 AM

Yesh,I am a video game adict since I was like 6 or 7 and one of the first games I played was Final Fantasy.

Right now I play World of Warcraft (yes,WoW,do you have a problem with that? )

I play Final Fantasy online but I havn't been on in a hwile cause nobody seems to be on there anymore..right now I am doing project .hack and I watch .hack sign and now I am doing .hack mutation(I already did infection)and I think I am about to finish that one.

After project .hack I will probably do Final Fantasy XII,I havn't done that yet. I mean like I played it a while then quit but I need to finish it.

And I like all kinds of games.I have a ton.

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering" - Star Wars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page