Black Friday Sales - What to Get? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-23-2007, 06:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Are there any must-have-can't-pass-up good computer deals happening this Friday's after Thanksgiving sales?

What are you standing in line at 5AM for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-23-2007, 08:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Staples advertised some great stuff (free software, a 4 G flash drive for under $20.000) but I don't need stuff so much that I will stand in line with a hundred other anxious, greedy people at 5am. It's after 8am here and I thought about going to see if they had anything left, but the thought of it just makes me feel gross and sad. Heh.

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#3 Old 11-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

Staples advertised some great stuff (free software, a 4 G flash drive for under $20.000) but I don't need stuff so much that I will stand in line with a hundred other anxious, greedy people at 5am. It's after 8am here and I thought about going to see if they had anything left, but the thought of it just makes me feel gross and sad. Heh.

did you make it out? i didnt and i feel proud of that. all i want is a double boiler and a stovetop popcorn popper, neither of which are expensive, so i cant get them anytime. i hear that two women i work with got up at 3am to shop. not me. im working until 2pm and then going to the gym.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-23-2007, 04:19 PM
Veggie Regular

it always amazes me that people will camp out, sometimes days in advance, for a toaster or a what-not.

i was part of the craziness several years ago. never again.
#5 Old 11-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Veggie Regular

I didn't make it out and actually had a very nice day with family, having a lovely brunch and then cleaning and organizing our home. We have a truckload of things to donate instead of having spent loads of money on stuff. It feels good. That being said, if I had really needed anything, I would have went out and purchased it.

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#6 Old 11-24-2007, 03:42 AM
Veggie Regular

My daughter and son in law were ready to hit Sears at 4 a.m....they were up at 2 a.m. and checked online. They purchased the very same flat screen tv online that they would have been fighting the crowds for in the comfort of their own home for the same price. They were thrilled.

Turns out a lot of the stores open up sales the day/night before. You just need to keep checking their website.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page