Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-20-2006, 08:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks to everyone who took a look!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-20-2006, 08:35 AM
Veggie Regular

The text on the pages probably isn't finished.

These are all models, no real animals were used.

Be warned, there are some images of (fake) dead animals.
#3 Old 01-20-2006, 03:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Hmm....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-20-2006, 04:21 PM
Veggie Regular

i don't see a problem. *shrug*
#5 Old 01-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Veggie Regular

I see no problems either. As long as you say that they are fakes, there shouldn't be a problem with offending people I don't think.
#6 Old 01-20-2006, 05:59 PM
Veggie Regular

my only problem is that it's a geocities site...

Nec Aspera Terrent
#7 Old 01-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Yeah, you should get your own domain name and hosting, it's not that expensive. And you should really add a little text explaining what your business does. I have to click through to an individual image on each category to figure out what all your business does. And I'm a big fan of "clean" designs but that's a little too clean. I'm not sure exactly what it needs but it needs something.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#8 Old 01-20-2006, 07:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh, no, just this test is geocities, we're currently looking for a new host, and we have our own domain name.

Thanks for looking!

Yes, we plan to have text on the home page to tell who we are and what we do.

It is very spare, but I'm not sure about adding more. The current site pre- update is a bit more "busy."

Thank you for any input, I'm definitely taking it into account.
#9 Old 01-21-2006, 03:58 AM
Banned

Do you use real feathers or fake feathers on the birds? A cursory search for fake feathers, on the net, did not show up anything.
#10 Old 01-21-2006, 08:15 AM
Ex-*****

I like the bear costumes - they look quite like the real deal. I'm sure one could scare the crap out of a person if you snuck up on him wearing that. You'd just have to practice "hello there" in bear language: GRRROOWL!

I no longer post here after VB was sold in 2012. (See my profile page for details.)
#11 Old 01-21-2006, 08:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Unfortunately there are no artificial feathers, so yes, those are real feathers.
#12 Old 01-21-2006, 09:41 AM
Banned

"Unfortunately there are no artificial feathers, so yes, those are real feathers."

"These are all models, no real animals were used."

The way feathers are obtained is animals are slaughtered, then their feathers are plucked out. Wouldn't that mean that from a vegetarian's standpoint of whether killing of an animal was required to make your models, that real animals are used?

I might as well ask about the fur. Do you use real fur? Artificial fur is commonplace, but artificial fur resembling all animals is not available. I don't see much difference, in terms of harm to animals, between using real fur and using real feathers.
#13 Old 01-21-2006, 12:34 PM
Veggie Regular

By "real animals" I mean no real pelts or taxidermy is used.

We make relatively few birds, and many mammals, so there is a significant difference, to me, anyway. It's ok if there isn't a difference to you.

Some real animal fibers are used, such as alpaca, but no skins. Most of the fur is artificial.
#14 Old 01-23-2006, 12:05 AM

Nice clean look, good layout, but;

1. Try using CSS instead of frames and clean up the code (especially your menu bar). Too many non-breaking spaces, too much extraneous crap (text formatting tags).

2. Make your thumbnails a smaller resolution to speed up loading.

3. Make sure you put some copyright and a TOS up before going live (including image use and hotlinking policy).

I really like the dead horse, looks great.
#15 Old 01-23-2006, 07:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks for those hints, Sketchy. Especially about the code, an area in which I am exceedingly weak. Making web pages isn't my "thing" making fake animals is! I'm going to try to get a web-savvy friend to do the final cleanup on this for us.

Thanks to everyone for their comments and help.
#16 Old 01-23-2006, 03:22 PM

My pleasure

If you go to http://www.w3schools.com/ you can learn quite a bit and very quickly. The pages are very specific and allow you to try out the techniques describes. They have concise directions for writing in html, xml, css, javascript, and many other web related languages and applications.

If you are really desperate (or lazy) just search the web for CSS menu bars or HTML menus or something along those lines and you can usually find some public licence code to cut and paste.
#17 Old 01-23-2006, 03:58 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm going to hire a friend to do it. I have too many other things to do and have already spent many hours on it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page