What's the best mp3 player? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-14-2006, 08:39 PM
Veggie Regular

I didn't see any recent threads on this, so I decided to start a new one. Right now I have a mini iPod that I'm not all that fond of. The scroll wheel has always been a little screwed up and the battery life sucks (it never lasts more than a few hours maximum). When I bought it, I was considering getting a regular iPod with more memory, but I didn't have the money. Now that the memory is full, and I'm really not that happy with it, I'm considering getting something new.

I'm looking for an mp3 player with atleast 15 GB and I don't care if it has any special features (i.e. playing videos, color screen, storing photos, etc.). Any reccomendations on what you like or don't like?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-14-2006, 09:37 PM
Veggie Regular

I have the Zen Xtra by Creative (40GB) and I love it. Much cheaper than an iPod!

The battery on my Zen is good for a solid 12-14 hours of continuous play, I would say... but then I set the backlight to turn off after a few seconds.

A review I wrote of it: http://www.epinions.com/content_123747339908
#3 Old 01-15-2006, 03:21 PM

I love iPod! But I heard iRiver is better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-15-2006, 04:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, I know that I have the worst one, for sure. It doens't evben have a brand name as far as I can tell, and I need to load the mp3's on a memory card....
#5 Old 01-15-2006, 04:56 PM
Veggie Regular

I have a new ipod video 30 GB and love it. I have learnt that ipods are pretty much idiot proof. Though they do have some restrictions and limitiations. I love the navigation, and the size is perfect. The battery life could be better, but its fine if you turn the backlight off which you dont really need anyway. Having some issues with putting video on it but if you dont care about that it wont be an issue. Only regret is that i wish i'd of got the 60GB.
#6 Old 01-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Beginner

I have an iRiver - its lovely
#7 Old 01-17-2006, 05:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Your iPod mini is probably just antiquated. I would recommend getting a fifth gen. iPod for $299.

True, iRiver has more features and stuff than the iPod, but nothing matches the simplicity and beauty of an Apple product; especially the ones designed by Jonathan Ive.

Nothing can be done about your mini's storage space, but the battery can be changed with a third party package that you can buy off of the internet or the back pages of a MacWorld Magazine.

If you go to an Apple Store, they could probably fix your scrollwheel problem.
#8 Old 01-17-2006, 06:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisgarciadiaz View Post

Your iPod mini is probably just antiquated. I would recommend getting a fifth gen. iPod for $299.

True, iRiver has more features and stuff than the iPod, but nothing matches the simplicity and beauty of an Apple product; especially the ones designed by Jonathan Ive.

Nothing can be done about your mini's storage space, but the battery can be changed with a third party package that you can buy off of the internet or the back pages of a MacWorld Magazine.

If you go to an Apple Store, they could probably fix your scrollwheel problem.

I think the price for buying and getting a new battery and scroll wheel installed would be almost as much as a new iPod anyway. I a bit wary to get another iPod due to the fact that it just might become obselete soon anyway and I'll have similar problems.
#9 Old 02-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophia_cat View Post

I have an iRiver - its lovely

Me too.
#10 Old 02-04-2006, 09:15 PM
Veggie Regular

I prefer a computer as an mp3 player, lots and lots of room and can easily attach nice speakers. You didn't say that you wanted something portable.

But I am guessing you implied it so I am just joking around
#11 Old 02-04-2006, 09:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdufstuff View Post

I prefer a computer as an mp3 player, lots and lots of room and can easily attach nice speakers. You didn't say that you wanted something portable.

But I am guessing you implied it so I am just joking around

Yea, I was more thinking something a wee bit more portable
#12 Old 02-04-2006, 10:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Some nice classical music available under the open-audio license.

http://www-plan.cs.colorado.edu/henk.../index-en.html

In Ogg Vorbis format.
#13 Old 02-04-2006, 11:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyagraha View Post

Some nice classical music available under the open-audio license.

http://www-plan.cs.colorado.edu/henk.../index-en.html

In Ogg Vorbis format.

Long live Ogg!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page