Sims 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-17-2004, 11:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Ok,

I have been waiting for over a good year for this game. They recently sent out a bonus teaser, that is a CD with movie clips ect, that explains the game more and the features ect.

Anyone else a Sims player, and what are your thoughts. I love the idea that you will be following the sims now through a lifetime, and they have asperations ect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-17-2004, 11:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I watched some of the video clips. It looks like a really nice improvement!
#3 Old 08-18-2004, 12:32 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm so impatient. I've been waiting for sims 2 & can't wait to get it...

Sims is my crack. (no, not )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-18-2004, 01:09 AM
Veggie Regular

you and me both Amy.. I am playing the version on my Ngage unit now at work.
#5 Old 08-18-2004, 01:21 AM
Beginner

i love the sims!

the sims 2??

is that out yet ive never heard of it
#6 Old 08-18-2004, 01:25 AM
Veggie Regular

out mid september.. never heard it.. WOW... for Sims players it is the most anticipated game.
#7 Old 08-18-2004, 03:00 AM
Veggie Regular

I just bought the delux edition about a month ago, and holy crap am I addicted. It's really really bad. I'm going to have to uninstall it once I go back to work in Sept otherwise I will never get any work done. I love building houses, I build sim houses in my sleep.
#8 Old 08-18-2004, 01:51 PM

If you're addicted to the first one, you'll be even worse with the 2nd one
#9 Old 08-18-2004, 02:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I haven't played personally, but my fiance LOVES the Sims ... He gets so excited and will have his characters do housework and everything ... But does he do any in OUR house?? Hehe ... Just kidding. Sort of.

He always kinda jokes about getting the Hot Date one too. Any experiences there? He does have a birthday coming up ...
#10 Old 08-18-2004, 02:51 PM
Veggie Regular

i LOVE the sims i cant wait

its coming out sept 17th leather..
#11 Old 08-18-2004, 02:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I am looking forward to the Sims 2, also. It looks great! I also agree that it's cool that you get to follow them through their lifespan.

Wow, September's gonna be a big month to spend $ for me.....this game and the SW trilogy- wow I may need a 2nd job
#12 Old 08-18-2004, 03:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I used to be so addicted to the Sims... I really want the Sims 2, but I'd end up spending way too much time with it. I can't allow myself to play the sims

Marleah - Hot Date was awesome! My copy broke though
#13 Old 08-18-2004, 03:52 PM
Veggie Regular

You know, I've played videogames my whole life, and I just don't get this obsession with the sims. It's boring, it's like work. I can see how some people may get into it, but the best selling PC game of all time? It boggles my mind.
#14 Old 08-18-2004, 06:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Hot Date is my 2nd fave of all the expansion packs. Unleashed is my 1st favorite b/c you can have all sorts of pets

Nirvana, it's totally addictive but I can't explain it - you really have to play it. It's actually quite funny.
#15 Old 08-18-2004, 07:07 PM

omg i'm sooo excited for the sims 2! i have been waiting for it for ever!! i downloaded the sims 2 bodyshop like the day it came out and made some sims. can't wait to import them into the game and play when it finally comes out! sept 17!!
#16 Old 08-18-2004, 07:13 PM
Veggie Regular

No, don't get me wrong, I have played it. Thats how I know it feels like work. I wouldn't pass judgement on a game before I've played it.
#17 Old 08-18-2004, 07:21 PM
Veggie Regular

I can't wait until it comes out! I have been waiting for it for a long time as well. I check the shelves whenever I pass by a game section just to make sure it didn't come out early.
#18 Old 08-18-2004, 08:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, different strokes for different folks I guess, Nirvana. Personally I don't see the attraction to GTA3 but that's just me. I'd rather build houses & create a house with 3 people and try to get them into a love triangle so I can get them all to fight. LOL. You can have one member of a couple flirt with the neighbor (or housemate), the other half of the couple gets mad, slaps the cheater, etc...

Interesting thing about Sims, too, is that it allows 2 members of the same gender to fall in love ... I can't remember if they can get married though...

oh and one of my favorites... if you get a telescope, you can get abducted by aliens.
#19 Old 08-18-2004, 08:39 PM
Meo
Veggie Regular

I used to play The Sims all the time.. especially when my internet got disconnected. I don't so much anymore because it takes up all my time.

Nevertheless, I'm still excited about Sims 2. I'll probably ask for it for Christmas.
#20 Old 08-18-2004, 09:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonAmy View Post

Interesting thing about Sims, too, is that it allows 2 members of the same gender to fall in love ... I can't remember if they can get married though...

Nope, but they can move in together.
#21 Old 08-18-2004, 10:43 PM
Veggie Regular

I will have to check out the sims site for that generator software. I was kinda hoping it was included with the game. Time will tell. I have been watching the previews, and I am just amazed at how they have a lifespan now ect. You can even have a family tree, and the children show traits of the parents. Going to be very interesting.
#22 Old 08-28-2004, 12:21 AM
Veggie Regular

*waits impatiently for September 17th*

sigh.
#23 Old 08-28-2004, 06:02 AM
Veggie Regular

WHAT?!!

You mean they've finally set a release date? Do you think that they'll stick to this one (it was supposed to be released in April, initially, and keeps getting pulled back)?

I'm so excited for this to come out! You can bet that I'll be the first in line at my local computer software store.
#24 Old 10-05-2004, 12:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Anyone buy it yet? I got it when it came out & have been playing off & on... it's an incredible improvement over the first version, though it's a processor fiend.

I love the new aspirations stuff, though... yay!
#25 Old 10-05-2004, 05:54 AM
Veggie Regular

I had been waiting for that game to come out since like June of last year. And now the funny thing is it's been like 2 weeks since it came out and I still didn't get it My mom says she's going to buy me my own computer so after (if) I get it that's when I'll buy the game.. cuz I don't think it will even work on this computer since my brother flooded the hard disk space with all his computer games. Yep as soon as possible I'll be getting that game
#26 Old 10-05-2004, 06:25 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm playing it...obsessively. ^^;;

And same gender characters can get married! It's very cool. My Sim, Kara Gwyn, brought a girlfriend home from work one day, they started talking, flirting, and eventually fell in love and got married.

So now I have Kara and Demi Gwyn.

Kara has the Knowledge Aspiration and Demi has the Fortune Aspiration.

Oh, and you can get abducted by aliens if you use the telescope...and males that are abducted by aliens come back pregnant... *squee*

We see the world as "we" are, not as "it" is; because it is the "I" behind the "eye" that does the seeing.
#27 Old 10-05-2004, 07:19 AM
Veggie Regular

LOL ceryna - my sim keeps using the telescope to spy on the neighbor, so the neighbor keeps coming over & yelling at us. it's hilarious!

I love the comedy they've added to the game... makes it soooo hilarious sometimes. One of my characters looks like Ali G. LOL.

whee!
#28 Old 10-05-2004, 07:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Hah, Amy, mine did the same thing!

Another one of Kara's wants is to see a ghost, and I am playing in Veronaville. So Kara spied on Consort Capp, and he came over and yelled at her for it. I decided I'd kill him so she could see a ghost, but I can't get him to come back over! She even called and invited him over, but he said he'd rather play cards with a pack of llamas.

So I took Demi and Kara out to one of the community lots and befriended Oberon, and they invited him over for dinner. When he was in the pool, I took out the ladder to kill him, and now I'm waiting for him to start haunting the house so that Kara can see a ghost. Once I've fulfilled that want, I'll get rid of the ghost.

After I finish playing in Veronaville, I'm going to create a character in Strangetown and try to create an alien/sim hybrid race. Hah.

We see the world as "we" are, not as "it" is; because it is the "I" behind the "eye" that does the seeing.
#29 Old 10-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Veggie Regular

gaw. You guys make me so jealous. Every time I get my paycheck I tell myself I'm gonna by Sims/Sims 2... but I end up buying clothes!

What about Sims Online? Any better? I find the timecards ridiculously annoying...
#30 Old 10-05-2004, 09:33 PM
Veggie Regular

I purchased it... twice.

On the day it came out, in my frenzy, I purchased the DVD-Rom version. I don't have a DVD-rom on my computer. I tried to return it but I had opened it in my haste and was unable to.

I went back and purchased the correct version even though I was unable to return the first one that I had purchased, only to find after opening that one as well, that my computer doesn't have the right video card. Drat. The game doesn't work on any of my roommate's new laptops, either.

So I sold my DVD-rom version to my ex-boyfriend and sent the other version to my sisters as an early Christmas present, 350 miles away. I will never get to play my Sims 2.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page