VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Where Do You Get Music for Your MP3 Player?

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  haimen 
#1 ·
For a long time I was using a Rhapsody subscription and paying $9.99 per month to "rent" songs to put on my Mp3. After three years my MP3 player went kapoot (long story but it overheated), and I have quickly discovered that Rhapsody only allows a very few select compatible MP3 players to put music on from it. I can't find any of these MP3 players in local stores. Sighs. Note even like my old one. So I am thinking of going another route.

I don't know if I can afford to pay $1 for every song I want to download to my new Mp3 player. I keep thinking there must be another way to do this. Some other program I am unaware of. So I thought I would ask what others are doing. I have a little clip on Mp3 player I use the gym which is why this is so important to me. Music is my motivation and love. My phone is too large and heavy to wear on me while exercising.

I am very very technology challenged so please keep this in mind lol. And thanks ahead for any input!

#2 ·
By coincidence we're just buying a car with MP3 compatability. Don't laugh but our current car has a cassette player. :eek:

Your question has come just at the right time for us Natureound as we want to buy a dedicated MP3 player, not that we'll exactly know what to do with it when we've got it. :eek:

Leedsveg

#3 ·
By coincidence we're just buying a car with MP3 compatability. Don't laugh but our current car has a cassette player. :eek:

Your question has come just at the right time for us Natureound as we want to buy a dedicated MP3 player, not that we'll exactly know what to do with it when we've got it. :eek:

Leedsveg
LOL a cassette player huh? Does math in head.

I have a bluetooth capability in my new car and was using it to play my Rhapsody music through my car audio system but somehow that isn't working either. :/ I am getting really fed up with Rhapsody. My husband's twenty year old nephew set up my bluetooth stuff through the car otherwise it was way too complicated for me to figure out. they tried to explain it and show me at the car dealership but it was beyond me. I am just amazed though at what we can do with technology now. But sometimes I miss being able to just press play or rewind on the cassette player. :)

#5 ·
Yeah, I gave in this morning and just bought and downloaded some music from Amazon. At least the music is mine now, and I can have it on my MP3 and even burn a CD for my car (so much less complicated than bluetooth lol) if I want. They seem to be a trustworthy source, low risk of viruses and high quality sounding music. Thanks for the feedback!

#6 ·
Library! Sure I often have long waits for what I order, but our system has much to offer.

Not only do I have a car with a cassette player, it doesn't even work...:(

I have two Sansa players that both came with Rhapsody offers
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa...TF8&qid=1425239585&sr=8-1&keywords=sansa+clip

I got the Sport after I thought my Clip was lost-then found the Clip. CLip is an older model but much better, though it's finally wearing out the battery after many years of daily play.

#11 ·
Did you type "free mp3 downloads"? Today there's just music samplers, nothing that interests me, but I have downloaded a lot of free singles, as well as a few entire albums.
No catch, nothing to join, just need to download the cloud player

#12 ·
Thanks for the tip silva! I will have to check that out.

I have a small clip on Mp3 player for wearing when I exercise, so CDs will not work for me, nor will my large android cell phone. I used to have the Sansa Fit clip or something like that and it worked for years but recently became overheated and won't work now. The Sansa Mp3s that are compatible with Rhapsody are not available ANYWHERE locally and I gave up on that. The place where I got my old one no longer carries it. I have bought two new small clip on mp3 players (and returned one that was a Sansa Sport) because my Rhapsody will not accept them.

I am somewhat leary of free downloads as the risk of viruses is double and my antivirus software has already warned me when I tried to look into some of that. But something like Amazon might not be too bad if they have free offers. I just spent over $55 for a decent selection of songs but that will probably be the bulk of it and now it will just be a song here and there to download. When I think about it, the $9.99 I paid every month for music from Rhapsody adds up by the end of the year so I may be paying a lot up front right now but I will save in the long run if I don't keep buying a ton of music lol. I am picky and only have about 100 songs I really love to listen to so hopefully once I have a few more songs I will be happy for a while.

Of course, when it gets warmer I will exercise more outside and simply enjoy the birds and quiet. But I HATE the generic gym music and whirring of exercise equipment when I workout and my music pumps me up and gets me going. Makes it more fun.

I don't have a cassette player in my car, just a CD one. But I can burn CDs from my Amazon library of music so that's no big deal. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.