Are we alone in the universe? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 34Likes

#31 Old 08-14-2015, 04:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
I don't think we are alone, but I'm pretty sure if aliens were going to contact us, you'd be able to hear them laughing at us.
a nice little short story: They're Made Out of Meat

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They%2...de_Out_of_Meat

* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 08-14-2015, 08:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Yes I think there are other life forms on different planets especially now that they have found earth 2.0. I bet these life forms are a lot more advanced than us and I hope if we ever do find something we don't destroy their planet. :P
#33 Old 08-14-2015, 11:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Of course there is other life in the universe. But the universe is so vast that odds are we won't find it soon, unless some of them are advanced enough and curious enough to find us. Some people theorize that some aliens already have found us and moved on. We could be the redneck, trailer trash neighbors of the universe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 08-17-2015, 05:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Fermi Paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by cienerose View Post
Of course there is other life in the universe. But the universe is so vast that odds are we won't find it soon, unless some of them are advanced enough and curious enough to find us. Some people theorize that some aliens already have found us and moved on. We could be the redneck, trailer trash neighbors of the universe.
"It seems harsh, but there is a limit. Do we really want to make contact with meat?"

"I agree one hundred percent. What's there to say?" 'Hello, meat. How's it going?'

"Cruel. But you said it yourself, who wants to meet meat?”

* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
#35 Old 03-20-2016, 12:50 AM

Do viruses count? Since these are already confirmed on other planets, even in the interplanetary "vacuum".

Other than that, yea I believe complex life forms exist - on safe distance from us
#36 Old 03-21-2016, 07:56 AM

Good question actually.

I don't know which thought frightens me more, that we could be the only "intelligent" species in the whole universe or that we're not...

Blog and vegetarian recipe books:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#37 Old 03-21-2016, 11:34 AM
Veggie Regular

With the Universe being as phenomenally huge as it is, I'd be a bit surprised if we were the only smart things out there. Strikes me as more unreasonable to presume we are the 'one and only' really.
#38 Old 03-21-2016, 01:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah....were the only life out of the 100000000000000 planets out there? I just can't see that as being true.
#39 Old 03-22-2016, 04:04 PM

The question is when will intelligent life make its presence know to us. For all we know they have been observing our species from the beginning. Perhaps even inserting themselves into civilizations from time to time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page