VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Any Programmers Here?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  MrBearding 
#1 ·
Hey, VB.
Although my major is in Animation, I've always been very interested in programing. I was just wondering if anybody here is too? Or maybe even does this as their profession?
Feel free to post some things you've worked on.

Programing/Scripting languages I'm comfortable with so far:
Python, HTML5/CSS3, PHP5/MySQLi, javascript/jQuery, Bash..

Programing languages I'm learning: C++, Java.

#2 ·
You have learned a lot of programming languages! :)

I sometimes use MATLAB but you don't necessarily need to be a true programmer to use it...

Reactions: calebbrandalise
#4 ·
Really? Heh. I assumed that the majority of programmers had learned nearly all programming languages.

That's still pretty awesome! :)

I've used a number over the years. c++ was the first one I really got to know and I have made a few programs, the most recently one to learn japanese words with.

Recently I've been editing python scripts for a stalker mod I've been working on.

I am actually kinda the opposite of you...I don't really like programming :p I do find it very useful though and have been writing scripts and such since grade 3-4.

What sort of animation stuff do you do? I've often needed original assets for things I work on but my art skills are terrible. If you're good at that sort of stuff that's great, I wish I were.
Cool! My C++ thus far doesn't stem beyond making a basic console-calculator, a word game or simple text file manipulation. Haha.

Awesome, man! I haven't made any game-mods. That's really cool!

I do find it repetitive. xD I just find it very satisfying when it works. It kind-of makes the hell "worth it" - And I started programming/scripting around the same time!

Well, I'm very much a cartoonist-animator, so I doubt I'd be much use to any game assets. I could probably do some things in Photoshop by stealing textures and things but... Not my main field.

#3 ·
I've used a number over the years. c++ was the first one I really got to know and I have made a few programs, the most recently one to learn japanese words with.

Recently I've been editing python scripts for a stalker mod I've been working on.

I am actually kinda the opposite of you...I don't really like programming :p I do find it very useful though and have been writing scripts and such since grade 3-4.

What sort of animation stuff do you do? I've often needed original assets for things I work on but my art skills are terrible. If you're good at that sort of stuff that's great, I wish I were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.