VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Computers and Technology (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/30-computers-technology/)
-   -   Any Programmers Here? (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/30-computers-technology/170370-any-programmers-here.html)

Kyron Taylor 02-13-2015 10:21 PM

Any Programmers Here?

Hey, VB.
Although my major is in Animation, I've always been very interested in programing. I was just wondering if anybody here is too? Or maybe even does this as their profession?
Feel free to post some things you've worked on.

Programing/Scripting languages I'm comfortable with so far:
Python, HTML5/CSS3, PHP5/MySQLi, javascript/jQuery, Bash..

Programing languages I'm learning: C++, Java.

Go Vegan 02-13-2015 11:19 PM

You have learned a lot of programming languages! :)

I sometimes use MATLAB but you don't necessarily need to be a true programmer to use it...

odizzido 02-13-2015 11:44 PM

I've used a number over the years. c++ was the first one I really got to know and I have made a few programs, the most recently one to learn japanese words with.

Recently I've been editing python scripts for a stalker mod I've been working on.

I am actually kinda the opposite of you...I don't really like programming :P I do find it very useful though and have been writing scripts and such since grade 3-4.

What sort of animation stuff do you do? I've often needed original assets for things I work on but my art skills are terrible. If you're good at that sort of stuff that's great, I wish I were.

Kyron Taylor 02-14-2015 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go Vegan (Post 3551178)
You have learned a lot of programming languages! :)

I sometimes use MATLAB but you don't necessarily need to be a true programmer to use it...

Really? Heh. I assumed that the majority of programmers had learned nearly all programming languages.

That's still pretty awesome! (:

Quote:

Originally Posted by odizzido (Post 3551234)
I've used a number over the years. c++ was the first one I really got to know and I have made a few programs, the most recently one to learn japanese words with.

Recently I've been editing python scripts for a stalker mod I've been working on.

I am actually kinda the opposite of you...I don't really like programming :P I do find it very useful though and have been writing scripts and such since grade 3-4.

What sort of animation stuff do you do? I've often needed original assets for things I work on but my art skills are terrible. If you're good at that sort of stuff that's great, I wish I were.

Cool! My C++ thus far doesn't stem beyond making a basic console-calculator, a word game or simple text file manipulation. Haha.

Awesome, man! I haven't made any game-mods. That's really cool!

I do find it repetitive. xD I just find it very satisfying when it works. It kind-of makes the hell "worth it" - And I started programming/scripting around the same time!

Well, I'm very much a cartoonist-animator, so I doubt I'd be much use to any game assets. I could probably do some things in Photoshop by stealing textures and things but... Not my main field.

dimaz09 02-15-2015 10:17 AM

sorry,I have not been so hanghttp://green101.tk/25/o.png

erilol 04-08-2015 09:37 PM

Fellow programmer reporting in. I'm a student, anyway. One year left!

Very excited to meet other programming vegans.

MrBearding 05-01-2015 02:51 AM

I'm a website developer in the UK. I work on websites for the motorcycle industry and usually work with the following languages;

VB.NET, C#, jQuery/JavaScript, MSSQL, HTML, CSS.

I'm teaching myself PHP and MySQL at the moment as I'd like to get into making WordPress plugins.