iPhone 17 43.59%
Android 22 56.41%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

#1 Old 08-27-2014, 06:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Apple or Android

This is just for fun. I work for a cell phone company and am going through iPhone training and after loving androids have started to rethink things, I'm kind of interested in an iPhone but I thought of something. I do think there are more iPhone users then android so for my curiosity I wanted to run this poll

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
-Buddha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-27-2014, 06:14 PM

You forgot Windows Phone.

I used to have one, until it mysteriously and permanently bricked. Now I'm using a Galaxy S3 running Cyanogenmod.

Anyways, I hate Apple's philosophy of "you get no choices or power", and so refuse to buy anything of theirs. I like being able to fix my own computer problems.

Vegetarian since 2 June 2014.
#3 Old 08-27-2014, 06:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikh al-Majaneen View Post
You forgot Windows Phone.

I used to have one, until it mysteriously and permanently bricked. Now I'm using a Galaxy S3 running Cyanogenmod.

Anyways, I hate Apple's philosophy of "you get no choices or power", and so refuse to buy anything of theirs. I like being able to fix my own computer problems.
Opps about the windows phones.

Makes sense, They definitely have a lot of great features to them though. In my opinion anyway, my android is pretty neat

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
-Buddha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-27-2014, 09:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Operating system wise, you're not going to notice too much of a difference.

Android, Windows, Apple, even Blackberry, aren't that different in their setup (though I wouldn't get a Blackberry, I just find them too difficult to use, personally). They might have something in a slightly different place, or under a different name.

The real difference, for me, is the phone itself.

I really like HTC. But Samsung's latest offerings of the Note 3 and the Galaxy 5 have some pretty special features that I wouldn't mind having on my phone. I just don't know whether I can justify the spend on one of them.

In saying all of that....I don't have any Apple products. I think if you've got an Apple ecosystem in your house, then yeah, it might be worth it. Other than that, eh, I don't see the point.
#5 Old 08-28-2014, 05:43 AM

I have a Windows Phone.
#6 Old 08-30-2014, 05:38 PM

I recently switched from an Android phone to an iPhone, and I very much prefer the iPhone.
#7 Old 08-30-2014, 08:09 PM

I have an iPhone, and do like it. Its very easy to navigate.. but I love the customization and personalization of android phones.
#8 Old 08-31-2014, 05:23 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm definitely getting different results then I expected

-Buddha
#9 Old 08-31-2014, 05:30 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

I have an android, I really like them. Husband and son with androids, daughter with Iphone.
#10 Old 08-31-2014, 06:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I am one of the last people with a little flip phone. No idea what OS it runs.
#11 Old 09-01-2014, 09:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by odizzido View Post
I don't know, something basic I think. I had a flip phone up until December of last year

-Buddha
#12 Old 09-01-2014, 11:49 AM

I also still have a flip phone!
#13 Old 09-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Bracing for snow

There is no "None of the above" pick, so I can't vote.....

Ken
#14 Old 09-05-2014, 05:24 AM
Veggie Regular

ANDROID

Aristede

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#15 Old 09-05-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odizzido View Post
They generally have proprietary OSes.

For a while now I've wanted to take apart a Motorola Razr and turn it into a flip smartphone with the same keypad. I still think the old Razr design is one of the most beautiful and elegant.

Unfortunately I lost my old razr years ago and will probably go through a few of them before not outright destroying one. And it probably would just look weird. Razrs were pretty small by today's phone standards, some of which look like slightly smaller tablets.

Vegetarian since 2 June 2014.
#16 Old 09-05-2014, 10:13 AM
Veggie Regular

I have had both, Apple all the way. I had countless issues with Android- and I love the system I now have going with my other devices.
#17 Old 09-25-2014, 07:27 PM
Veggie Regular

I just switched from Blackberry to Android, and I couldn't be happier. I didn't want to go with an iPhone simply because the specifications on Android phones are far superior to what iPhone has. I am not bashing apple by any means, but I personally feel like they are the smartphone for people who want technology from 3 years ago; Apple has not done anything significant in innovating and creating a more superior product.
#18 Old 11-01-2014, 10:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Android! Android is awesome.
varun likes this.
#19 Old 11-01-2014, 11:17 AM
V for Vegan

My wife has an iphone and she is not at all tech savy, so I have to help her with it and so I have some experience with it. I much prefer my Android

--

Last edited by Bruce V; 11-01-2014 at 11:20 AM.
#20 Old 11-01-2014, 05:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Just upgraded from a flip phone to an android two weeks ago. I have the Samsung Galaxy S5. It took me an hour just to figure out how to answer the thing lol. I am getting more used to it now and appreciate all the amazing features. I had thought about the i phone at first but was told from a number of sources that the Samsung s5 has much better camera capabilities. Plus every store I went to was out of stock with the i phones but had plenty of Samsungs lol.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#21 Old 11-01-2014, 06:02 PM
V for Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
It took me an hour just to figure out how to answer the thing lol.
I think that happened to all of us with either iphone or android. Well, it happened to me so I'm going to assume it happens to everyone
Naturebound likes this.

--
#22 Old 11-01-2014, 06:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce V View Post
I think that happened to all of us with either iphone or android. Well, it happened to me so I'm going to assume it happens to everyone
I'll go with your assumption.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#23 Old 02-13-2015, 06:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Androids simply do more practical things quicker and more easily than iPhones. For eg., transfer of music/videos via USB/Bluetooth can be done without use of any specific software whereas iTunes is needed in Apple & even then people face difficulty with transfer.

Also its easy to completely customise the look & feel of Android i.e icons, wallpaper, ringtone etc whereas that nearly impossible in Apple. The only thing going for Apple is its security as its nearly hack/tamper proof, but that's because its obstructive in most ways.

The earth has enough resources for everyones need but not their greed.

#24 Old 02-13-2015, 09:28 PM
Vegan as f**k

I have an iPhone
#25 Old 02-14-2015, 09:17 AM

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 now and the battery is terrible compared to my very old, but well loved Blackberry (I miss you!). That things battery life was insane! Three to five days without recharge!
#26 Old 02-14-2015, 09:32 AM

Nokia, the old Workhorse.
#27 Old 02-15-2015, 05:07 PM
Veggie Regular

iPhone , it's really easy to do what you want from a phone but forget about any customizations or niche features.
#28 Old 08-11-2015, 03:11 AM

I use Android, I like that I can customize it in a way I want.
#29 Old 08-11-2015, 06:28 AM

it's simply that with iphone you pay for the brand - android you pay for the quality

android all the way - specifically SONY (they're phones are amazing!)
I use to work for a phone comapny too, and whenever i compared the specs between sony and apple, sony was always higher and better on everything and was also much cheaper.
#30 Old 08-11-2015, 07:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookforstars View Post
it's simply that with iphone you pay for the brand - android you pay for the quality

android all the way - specifically SONY (they're phones are amazing!)
I use to work for a phone comapny too, and whenever i compared the specs between sony and apple, sony was always higher and better on everything and was also much cheaper.

specs aren't everything. iPhones just work. Androids are customizable, but I never really did any customizations that I found useful with my nexus. when it started giving me trouble I moved to an iPhone 5 and that has being perfect for me so far.
lookforstars likes this.

Tags
android , apple

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page