VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Computers and Technology (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/30-computers-technology/)
-   -   Apple or Android (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/30-computers-technology/156369-apple-android.html)

keishari 08-27-2014 06:03 PM

Apple or Android

This is just for fun. I work for a cell phone company and am going through iPhone training and after loving androids have started to rethink things, I'm kind of interested in an iPhone but I thought of something. I do think there are more iPhone users then android so for my curiosity I wanted to run this poll

Sheikh al-Majaneen 08-27-2014 06:14 PM

You forgot Windows Phone.

I used to have one, until it mysteriously and permanently bricked. Now I'm using a Galaxy S3 running Cyanogenmod.

Anyways, I hate Apple's philosophy of "you get no choices or power", and so refuse to buy anything of theirs. I like being able to fix my own computer problems.

keishari 08-27-2014 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheikh al-Majaneen (Post 3398033)
You forgot Windows Phone.

I used to have one, until it mysteriously and permanently bricked. Now I'm using a Galaxy S3 running Cyanogenmod.

Anyways, I hate Apple's philosophy of "you get no choices or power", and so refuse to buy anything of theirs. I like being able to fix my own computer problems.

Opps about the windows phones.

Makes sense, They definitely have a lot of great features to them though. In my opinion anyway, my android is pretty neat

Tiger Lilly 08-27-2014 09:46 PM

Operating system wise, you're not going to notice too much of a difference.

Android, Windows, Apple, even Blackberry, aren't that different in their setup (though I wouldn't get a Blackberry, I just find them too difficult to use, personally). They might have something in a slightly different place, or under a different name.

The real difference, for me, is the phone itself.

I really like HTC. But Samsung's latest offerings of the Note 3 and the Galaxy 5 have some pretty special features that I wouldn't mind having on my phone. I just don't know whether I can justify the spend on one of them.

In saying all of that....I don't have any Apple products. I think if you've got an Apple ecosystem in your house, then yeah, it might be worth it. Other than that, eh, I don't see the point.

veggieyogagal 08-28-2014 05:43 AM

I have a Windows Phone.

UrbanHymns98 08-30-2014 05:38 PM

I recently switched from an Android phone to an iPhone, and I very much prefer the iPhone. :)

Hayley627 08-30-2014 08:09 PM

I have an iPhone, and do like it. Its very easy to navigate.. but I love the customization and personalization of android phones.

keishari 08-31-2014 05:23 PM

I'm definitely getting different results then I expected

LedBoots 08-31-2014 05:30 PM

I have an android, I really like them. Husband and son with androids, daughter with Iphone.

odizzido 08-31-2014 06:01 PM

I am one of the last people with a little flip phone. No idea what OS it runs.

keishari 09-01-2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odizzido (Post 3402946)

I don't know, something basic I think. I had a flip phone up until December of last year

ladyfey 09-01-2014 11:49 AM

I also still have a flip phone!

ilikekale 09-01-2014 05:22 PM

There is no "None of the above" pick, so I can't vote.....

Ken

Aristede 09-05-2014 05:24 AM

ANDROID

Aristede:book:

Sheikh al-Majaneen 09-05-2014 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odizzido (Post 3402946)

They generally have proprietary OSes.

For a while now I've wanted to take apart a Motorola Razr and turn it into a flip smartphone with the same keypad. I still think the old Razr design is one of the most beautiful and elegant.

Unfortunately I lost my old razr years ago and will probably go through a few of them before not outright destroying one. And it probably would just look weird. Razrs were pretty small by today's phone standards, some of which look like slightly smaller tablets.

kyr656 09-05-2014 10:13 AM

I have had both, Apple all the way. I had countless issues with Android- and I love the system I now have going with my other devices.

yellowduckie21 09-25-2014 07:27 PM

I just switched from Blackberry to Android, and I couldn't be happier. I didn't want to go with an iPhone simply because the specifications on Android phones are far superior to what iPhone has. I am not bashing apple by any means, but I personally feel like they are the smartphone for people who want technology from 3 years ago; Apple has not done anything significant in innovating and creating a more superior product.

Jasminedesi16 11-01-2014 10:28 AM

Android! Android is awesome.

Bruce V 11-01-2014 11:17 AM

My wife has an iphone and she is not at all tech savy, so I have to help her with it and so I have some experience with it. I much prefer my Android :rockon:

Naturebound 11-01-2014 05:43 PM

Just upgraded from a flip phone to an android two weeks ago. I have the Samsung Galaxy S5. It took me an hour just to figure out how to answer the thing lol. I am getting more used to it now and appreciate all the amazing features. I had thought about the i phone at first but was told from a number of sources that the Samsung s5 has much better camera capabilities. Plus every store I went to was out of stock with the i phones but had plenty of Samsungs lol.

Bruce V 11-01-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naturebound (Post 3442818)
It took me an hour just to figure out how to answer the thing lol.

I think that happened to all of us with either iphone or android. Well, it happened to me so I'm going to assume it happens to everyone :D

Naturebound 11-01-2014 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce V (Post 3442858)
I think that happened to all of us with either iphone or android. Well, it happened to me so I'm going to assume it happens to everyone :D

I'll go with your assumption. :)

varun 02-13-2015 06:59 PM

Androids simply do more practical things quicker and more easily than iPhones. For eg., transfer of music/videos via USB/Bluetooth can be done without use of any specific software whereas iTunes is needed in Apple & even then people face difficulty with transfer.

Also its easy to completely customise the look & feel of Android i.e icons, wallpaper, ringtone etc whereas that nearly impossible in Apple. The only thing going for Apple is its security as its nearly hack/tamper proof, but that's because its obstructive in most ways.

Go Vegan 02-13-2015 09:28 PM

I have an iPhone :)

VeggieTalk 02-14-2015 09:17 AM

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 now and the battery is terrible compared to my very old, but well loved Blackberry (I miss you!). That things battery life was insane! Three to five days without recharge! :)

Ashwani 02-14-2015 09:32 AM

Nokia, the old Workhorse.

rasitha.wijesekera 02-15-2015 05:07 PM

iPhone , it's really easy to do what you want from a phone but forget about any customizations or niche features.

MrVegi 08-11-2015 03:11 AM

I use Android, I like that I can customize it in a way I want.

lookforstars 08-11-2015 06:28 AM

it's simply that with iphone you pay for the brand - android you pay for the quality :)

android all the way - specifically SONY (they're phones are amazing!)
I use to work for a phone comapny too, and whenever i compared the specs between sony and apple, sony was always higher and better on everything and was also much cheaper.

rasitha.wijesekera 08-11-2015 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookforstars (Post 3745281)
it's simply that with iphone you pay for the brand - android you pay for the quality :)

android all the way - specifically SONY (they're phones are amazing!)
I use to work for a phone comapny too, and whenever i compared the specs between sony and apple, sony was always higher and better on everything and was also much cheaper.

specs aren't everything. iPhones just work. Androids are customizable, but I never really did any customizations that I found useful with my nexus. when it started giving me trouble I moved to an iPhone 5 and that has being perfect for me so far.