iPhone 17 43.59%
Android 22 56.41%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

#31 Old 08-11-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasitha.wijesekera View Post
specs aren't everything. iPhones just work. Androids are customizable, but I never really did any customizations that I found useful with my nexus. when it started giving me trouble I moved to an iPhone 5 and that has being perfect for me so far.
fair enough
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 11-14-2015, 02:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not but iPhone's text messaging between iPhones through is encrypted. And Apple has stood up to the FBI to protect iPhone owners' privacy.
#33 Old 11-14-2015, 02:56 PM

Android, more freedom for the user!
Wolf_Whistle likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 12-22-2015, 11:42 AM
Veggie Regular

I actually have some experience with smart phones now and personally I think both are garbage. Android is an enormous pile of security problems and ios/phone is a locked down unusable turd.
#35 Old 12-22-2015, 12:04 PM
Veggie Regular

I love my android.
#36 Old 12-25-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odizzido View Post
I actually have some experience with smart phones now and personally I think both are garbage. Android is an enormous pile of security problems and ios/phone is a locked down unusable turd.
I do have both, but even if I don't agree with the walled garden that Apple has become, I wouldn't say locked down unusable turd.It worked quite nicely, and I know for a fact that they have just the right devices for non-techies.

Now, I'd call them the dark side for a reason that is even more important than you own freedom : I am not quite positive about the situation right now in Foxconn, and even if I'm considering getting a new device, the simple fact that such devices have been assembled by enslaved chinese workers is enough to make me at least think twice.

Android is not insecure by default. What turns Android into an insecure device are the rogue apps. Also Privacy remains the same concern as with Apple devices. Ever heard of Ad Mob?

Apple or Android...?

Hmmm, give me something made under the same conditions as a Fairphone, that works as smoothly as any IOS device (also looks as good as IOS does, with all those lovely little quirks), and gives me the freedom of REPLICANT (free android, google it)...
#37 Old 12-25-2015, 04:07 PM
Happy vegan

I always had Androids, but I decided to switch to an iPhone since they're simpler and I don't care much for all the customization. I like it a lot so far.
#38 Old 12-26-2015, 12:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Android is not secure largely because security updates either arrive very late or never. Drivers are not supplied by manufacturers so you cannot update/reinstall your OS yourself properly either. If PC users had to wait for dell or toshiba to provide updates like android users have to wait on their manufacturers/carriers it would be a pretty huge problem. Assuming they even bothered to push out updates for your device which chances are they wouldn't.

The iphone on the other hand actually gets patched. This is great, but I find the lack of an SD slot and how they wall you off from everything on your phone to be extremely irritating whenever I am helping someone with anything more difficult than checking email. This is a theme for apple devices too. I remember recovering music off of an ipod once. Not only do they not bother to offer basic protocols to access your information requiring you do use third party software but they also rename all of your files. For example if you put an mp3 file like PathOfExileTown1.mp3 on an ipod it will rename it to jkhaslfkjhgljkhf.mp3. So frustrating. What's extra annoying is they don't have to do that, they choose to annoy you and make things difficult.

When I got a smart phone I had to choose between getting updates properly and having an SD slot pretty much.
#39 Old 12-30-2015, 12:16 PM

Its an iphone for me.

I like that fact that it doesnt requires me to meddle much into the phone settings and details to get it working well and fine.

Some of the other phones before the iphones just has too many little bugs here and there, that sometimes just makes even sending a text message buggy.

Proudly Asian Vegan for 10 Years

Visit Our Family Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for 100% Vegan Bags.

We handcraft bags ranging from backpacks to briefcases for all men and women.
We ship worldwide too.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#40 Old 12-22-2016, 08:15 PM

Android

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
#41 Old 02-19-2017, 12:08 AM
Banned

Android
#42 Old 01-30-2018, 06:23 AM

Send a message via MSN to Harlee Send a message via Yahoo to Harlee
Android all the way

Tags
android , apple

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page