VB ColorTheme nuisance help plz! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-04-2004, 10:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Re: A slight ColorTheme problem. [replied by Michael below without a clue! ]

-------------------------------

AVACADO Was my problem and alas now my default appears to be Light F-ing Grey aka Taterskins which actually come to think of it is an improvement on Avacado! so subsitute my use of Avacado at will, I just want my LIME back, I bequeeve it to overthrow the charlaton color devilish fiend of default color thou shall duth not want to interfere. LOL

Quote:Originally Posted by VegAnaconda:

I was messing around with the theme colors yesterday switching and today I cannot get rid of the avacado, so do you know how I can stay with the LIME?

I can get the homepage on LIME theme but the avacado keeps cropping back up on all other pages..... and I tried changing to LIME from avacado on some

of the other pages instead of the homepage and still no luck in keeping the LIME.... so maybe I'll just play around with various colors again until LIME sticks back up.

I even restarted my PC and still the same annoyance.

VA. [/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

I'm not sure, it would probably be best to post about it. Other people know more about this stuff than I do.

Ahem..... sooo, does anyone have technical solution or will I have to exorcise this demon using medieval methods of madness!! I've been to check the default of my OPTIONs and it is LIME but fat lot of good that does!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-04-2004, 11:00 AM
Veggie Regular

clear all your cookies. Then pick Lime, and then don't hit the browsers back arrow.
#3 Old 05-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Veggie Regular

I dunno which of the cookies I should delete! Or where to check for them!

Is it just my VB ""Temporary internet files"" I have to delete?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-04-2004, 11:11 AM
Administrator

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/mycookies.php

If you check all of those it should delete all of your VB cookies.

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
#5 Old 05-04-2004, 11:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

okay, I've now done that, and I think it deleted ALL the cookies those checked boxes were refering-- namely labelled in jargon fashion (mostly in numbers) as I saw in the link you gave me.

I even deleted all my temporary internet files manually ONE by friggin ONE first of all dated yesterday just now (and deleted they were) but maybe I ought to delete more if some still exist from a few days ago although you would expect them to be all gone anyway now that I did what you said by checking all those boxes at the link you gave Michael/Kpickell ?

Looks like its another restart of my PC, before my color change takes affect back to LIME huh????
#6 Old 05-04-2004, 03:50 PM
Veggie Regular

???
#7 Old 05-05-2004, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Still having trouble?

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
#8 Old 05-05-2004, 01:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I dunno I haven't turned off my PC since to find out but I will soon!.... LOL

I will do a restart shortly but again I doubt the thing will be solved, not that my life depends on it or anything other than the aesthetic visual sanity I get from its karma brought on by seeing my fave color (once it sorts itself out).
#9 Old 05-11-2004, 10:52 AM
Veggie Regular

I've restarted my PC after so long as per normal daily/several day session of use incidently but the point being the restart had no effect of activating my color theme change.....so "bugger bugger" basicly.

ps}} I'm now currrently stuck with the "tater skins grey" rather than avacado,

but at least that doesn't suck as much as avacado. I still want my LIME back

though!
#10 Old 05-11-2004, 11:56 AM
Veggie Regular

VA, have you actually gone into Edit Options in the User CP and changed it there? If you change it just on the front page, it will keep reverting back to whatever the default is in your Options.
#11 Old 05-12-2004, 05:49 AM
Veggie Regular

I think I am destined to TaterSkin Grey forever now as it defaults away from my true default of LIME which is what it shud be!!...

Anyway at least TaterSkin Grey is a slight improvement since it over-rided the Avacado

which I WAS stuck with for a time but now I am stuck with TaterSkin Grey and this seems even more persistent in sticking, but anyway despite my "deletion of cookies and RESTART" for whichever the color, and such, I may just need to keep doing that

thing until I finally rid myself of them all(?) BUT since I am bit cautious of deleting ANY but the relevant die hard cookies, they (of whatever sort) are

what I assume remain the problem??? I dunno what I'm doing anyway, so

if any does, just let me know!... ie, what exactly I need to be deleting and what to avoid deleting too of course that might possibly upset my system.
#12 Old 05-12-2004, 06:20 AM
Veggie Regular

You need to make sure cookies are enabled as well. Under Internet Options, go to Privacy and add veggieboards.com as a trusted website. There should be no need to reboot or delete temporary files.
#13 Old 05-12-2004, 08:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Sure, I know what you mean Kpickell, (ie where to look on in this case) and which although my first try at using this method for VB cookie handling allowance. It is as suspected, not with any joy so far!.....

Anyhow, I made sure that what noted there (ie' VB url) was "allowed" status indicated next to the VB address <www.veggieboard.com> to ALLOW...that I typed manually at the location in "internet options" privacy tab.....

And sooo.... no yet any visible effect regarding color theme, though who knows its effect may still help a bit!.... though really I thought it was the deleting of cookies which is the factor here in stopping reoccuring unwanted

color themes... but okay I assume needful are some of which those might be needed once old cookies are cleared and not interfering with color change, but which cookies are actually applicable to color themes anyway, I don't know.
#14 Old 05-12-2004, 08:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Sure, I know what you mean Kpickell, (ie where to look on in this case) and which although my first try at using this method for VB cookie handling allowance. It is as suspected, not with any joy so far!.....

Anyhow, I made sure that what noted there (ie' VB url) was "allowed" status indicated next to the VB address <www.veggieboard.com> to ALLOW...that I typed manually at the location in "internet options" privacy tab.....

And sooo.... no yet any visible effect regarding color theme, though who knows its effect may still help a bit!.... though really I thought it was the deleting of cookies which is the factor here in stopping reoccuring unwanted

color themes... but okay I assume needful are some of which those might be needed once old cookies are cleared and not interfering with color change, but which cookies are actually applicable to color themes anyway, I don't know.

I am not doing anything unless I know for sure what I am doing, but seems to me I've

done pretty much all I can already apart from repeating the process until something clicks or alters to allow my system to refresh and update only ther latest cookies and

wot not.
#15 Old 05-12-2004, 11:00 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm not doing anything unless I know for sure what the darn devil I'm doing, but seems to me I've done pretty much all I can already apart from repeating the process until something clicks or alters to allow my system to refresh and update only ther latest cookies and wot not.
#16 Old 05-12-2004, 01:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Click here and then don't click back.
#17 Old 05-13-2004, 04:36 AM
Veggie Regular

You made that suggestion earlier you know Kpickell and although I tried that (again)....

its all a bit of a joke now (since it don't work) and I am resigning my self to making do

with TaterSkins, for the time being until something twigs. Thanks anyway.
#18 Old 05-13-2004, 04:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Okay.
#19 Old 05-14-2004, 01:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I don't see how this can be working, there's not even a "confirmed deleted" message when you check all/any cookies.

#20 Old 05-14-2004, 01:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Nuh nuh ner ner nah!!!!

hahahah, I got my LIME back!!!!!! I decided what the heck and hit the "delete cookies" button whichever cookies that effected and took care of I don't know, but who cares, I got my LIME back. Yeehaw!!!
#21 Old 05-14-2004, 02:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Lime was only a temporary color scheme. It's being deleted on Saturday.
#22 Old 05-14-2004, 02:37 PM
Veggie Regular

hahahahahahah......Grr!!!!!! yeah right kpickell!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page