video games are my nightmare - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-01-2013, 07:07 PM

Not that I hate video games. I am just ignored for them so much. And I'm so over it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraAlexis View Post

Not that I hate video games. I am just ignored for them so much. And I'm so over it.

What do you mean? Who is ignoring you?

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#3 Old 11-02-2013, 10:44 AM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

The zelda games...except skyward sword =/ have never betrayed me!

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-02-2013, 11:56 AM

That's cool. smiley.gif My best friend loves the zelda games too. smiley.gif
#5 Old 11-03-2013, 10:41 PM
Veggie Regular

When people know i play hardcore wargames like war in the pacific admiral edition ( a year seems ok to finish the game ), Command Air Naval Operations ( yeah that point here is a ship, why ? ), Steam & Iron ( yeah my dreadnought is smoking, cool eh ? ) or stuff like dwarf fortress ( my imagination is 3D ),

there is this moment of "Wait, What ?" on they're faces, mixed with something of "WTF" and "Are You Kidding Me ?"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
https://
https://www.autistici.org/en/index.html  https://riseup.net/en

https://pay.reddit.com/r/privacy/wiki/index

#6 Old 11-04-2013, 02:23 AM

Here on VB, we can truly disagree about anything!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everaspirit View Post

The zelda games...except skyward sword =/ have never betrayed me!

What's wrong with Skyward Sword? >sad.gif

Check out my blog,
, a reflection of anime, veganism and animal rights!
Latest post: Serial Experiments Lain and the Upper Layer of Reality
#7 Old 11-04-2013, 04:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraAlexis View Post

Is it your boyfriend who ignores you for them?

Two options-

1. Join in. Videogames are loads of fun! I had a boyfriend who used to ignore me for videogames. We played videogames together for a long time. But, he still valued the games and other things over me, so it still ended.

But the love for videogames? Continues!

2. Dump him.

Not worth it.

#8 Old 11-04-2013, 10:05 AM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yingchen View Post

Here on VB, we can truly disagree about anything!
What's wrong with Skyward Sword? >sad.gif

Oh yingchen. It was way too redundant, Very linear and not much to explore and if you did explore there was little anything awesome to find. (I mean, come on, they had a HUGE sky and they just filled it with rocks....only 3 maybe 4 of the rocks had anything to do on them? The fields in hyrule in OOT and MM were SOOO much better and you could always find little holes, noooks or crannies, or other goodies

The silent realm trials were where I thought it would get interesting, and it was awesome at first, but when I realized I'd be doing them again and again, it lost my interest. The area maps weren't that fun either...same thing, not much to explore and different ways just led to each other. I think they tried to make it so big and vast but forgot to put any real content in it. My brother even agrees with me that SS was a let down. He only really liked the sand sea....and even then...same thing like the sky, a whole vast ocean....filled with only maybe 1-3 islands you can actually land on. I also didn't feel the sidequests had any real charm like those of OOT or MM. In MM sidequests often had a story behind them and required decent effort.  I was more or less just doing trivial little tasks for people...no big mission or anything. My other brother, who beat all the other zelda games, couldn't really bother to finish this one. For people who haven't played the classic zelda games, I could see how this would be cool, but if you were expecting a similar charm from the zelda games that this game would bring, you'd be sorely given less than expected.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#9 Old 11-05-2013, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everaspirit View Post

Oh yingchen. It was way too redundant, Very linear and not much to explore and if you did explore there was little anything awesome to find. (I mean, come on, they had a HUGE sky and they just filled it with rocks....only 3 maybe 4 of the rocks had anything to do on them? The fields in hyrule in OOT and MM were SOOO much better and you could always find little holes, noooks or crannies, or other goodies

The silent realm trials were where I thought it would get interesting, and it was awesome at first, but when I realized I'd be doing them again and again, it lost my interest. The area maps weren't that fun either...same thing, not much to explore and different ways just led to each other. I think they tried to make it so big and vast but forgot to put any real content in it. My brother even agrees with me that SS was a let down. He only really liked the sand sea....and even then...same thing like the sky, a whole vast ocean....filled with only maybe 1-3 islands you can actually land on. I also didn't feel the sidequests had any real charm like those of OOT or MM. In MM sidequests often had a story behind them and required decent effort.  I was more or less just doing trivial little tasks for people...no big mission or anything. My other brother, who beat all the other zelda games, couldn't really bother to finish this one. For people who haven't played the classic zelda games, I could see how this would be cool, but if you were expecting a similar charm from the zelda games that this game would bring, you'd be sorely given less than expected.

I felt that the unique aspect of this game, the flying mechanics, weren't very interesting, relevant or executed very well. But I loved the idea of revisiting the 3 areas to see what's changed and what can newly be unlocked. My favourite part of SS is by far the dungeon and puzzle designs, especially in the sand sea. I felt like they really up-ed their game for this one.

I guess I'm just surprised that you state your disappointment with SS so bluntly, because it did receive critical acclaim (the 3rd zelda game to get 40/40 from Famitsu, for instance) and got amazing reviews from long term zelda fans as well.

I wouldn't consider myself a long term zelda fan, but I've played my share of titles - Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons/Ages, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

Check out my blog,
, a reflection of anime, veganism and animal rights!
Latest post: Serial Experiments Lain and the Upper Layer of Reality

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page