How Do I Keep "VB Updates" Out of the "Promotional" Category in GMail? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Joe
Veggie Regular

I am a GMail user. Recently, they have imposed on me a new system, whereby e-mail sent to my inbox is sorted into three categories: primary, social, and promotional. I had no say in this new system and do not like it. I also do not know what can be done about it. I basically do not see e-mails classified as "Promotional" unless I look for them. VeggieBoard Updates are being classed as "Promotional." Yes, I can go in and manually "re-label" each e-mail to eliminate the "promotional" label, but what I'm looking to do is to have them treated as all "primary" to begin with. I don't know how to do this.

I am having the same problem with other e-mail lists I subscribe to.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Zelda Freak

I hate this too. I found out you can just delete all the tabs but one. Then it looks just like old Gmail again - all your mail in one row. 

I can't remember what I did but I'm pretty sure I hovered over each or clicked on it or something. 

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 +

* Find me:
+
+
#3 Old 07-23-2013, 06:15 PM

That's ironic because everything Google does is promotional.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-23-2013, 07:02 PM
Joe
Veggie Regular

I wrote Bob Rankin about this. I subscribe to his newsletter, which Google was classifying as "promotional" (i.e., junk mail).

He replied as follows:
Quote:
Here's how to get rid of the unwanted tabs:
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/3055016?hl=en

That did the trick.

Jennifer C., you were right. This just explains the process.
#5 Old 07-23-2013, 07:37 PM
Zelda Freak

Great, I'm glad you got this fixed. Those extra tabs were really annoying. 

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:

+

* Find me:
+
+

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page