Memory stick - mp3 player - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-14-2004, 03:18 AM
Veggie Regular

I decided to go for one of those memory stick that can also play music files.

But which one ?

I'm willing to spend $100-200 including headphone and rechargable batteries.

Do you have some tips for me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-14-2004, 09:05 AM
Beginner

I went for the Oracom model after reading a couple of reviews. That was a couple of months ago though so there may be some better toys available now.
#3 Old 04-14-2004, 10:10 AM
Banned

Are you talking about Sony's MemoryStick? Those MP3 players tend to be a bit to the pricey end - I only know of one, and it's Sony's running at around $300. Is there a reason you want MemoryStick over, say, SD Card?

If you just mean you want an MP3 player with SD or MMC card, I have the Rio Cali Sport and I'm very happy with it. There are a number of good players out there, though, and I recommend you make liberal use of pricegrabber.com and CNet.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-14-2004, 10:29 AM
Veggie Regular

I need something with usb connection to move the 500mb random stuff I got on the office computer. (and I'm not going to transfer that on floppy's)

I also want something like a walkman, so that's how I got the idea.
#5 Old 04-14-2004, 11:22 AM
Banned

500MB file transport + MP3 player in ONE device for less that $200 might be a push. A few thoughts: 512 MB JumpDrive for about $125 - I use one of these attached to my backpack to transport between school and home. That doesn't get you music, but I think that you've gotta spend a little more to get 500MB of data and music on one device, but for the money that's a really good option.
#6 Old 04-26-2004, 06:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks for your advice.

It made me think about it again and I decided to spoil myself and bought and Iriver iHp120.

It's got a 20Gb disk, an Fm radio and a voice recorder, and is connected to the pc over usb 2.0

Downside is that it came with a leather cover

This leather cover was in the box, not on the display and it wasn't mentioned on the website or the reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page