Email Address Book Hijacked on Mac - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Joe
Veggie Regular

I am not a Mac user.

However, I have a friend who is. She had her email address book hijacked. She has asked me for help, but I really don't know enough about Macs to advise her what to do.

Can anyone give any advice?

She said she looked around the net and some articles advised her to change her email password.
She did that but now says she cannot access her email using either the new or the old password.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-23-2012, 02:11 PM
Joe
Veggie Regular

My friend appears to have solved the problem with the help of her ISP's tech support. smiley.gif
#3 Old 06-23-2012, 02:59 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post

My friend appears to have solved the problem with the help of her ISP's tech support. smiley.gif

Yay, I'm glad. I honestly would not have known how to fix that :/

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

This happened to my daughter's Gmail account awhile back. The person hacked into hundreds of accounts of young women to look for photos. If he found nude pictures, he would email them to the person's entire contact list. He was caught and charged, but I don't know details as luckily though my daughter's account was hacked, she didn't have compromising pictures there. Her password was really weak, btw.
#5 Old 06-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Veggie Regular

change the password regularly, like once a month, there should be apps or programs wich can remind you to do it it you look around,

and yeah, forget 12345 or the name of your children or someone birthday or password or ****... too easy to find, be original and don t use something that can be found in a dictionnary, ideally just numbers and letters and signs wich don t make any sense except for you.

And don t leave your email adress around on the net.

Doesn t matter if you use a mac or whatever, your mail is online, if you think that your mac or whatever is part of the problem, it means your computer security is directly compromised wich means taking radical steps.

Note also that is someone had access to your mail, you should check what mail you had in with what details ( passwords to other places ? professional stuff wich can put you or your company in **** if sold ? bank or passport info ? )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
https://
https://www.autistici.org/en/index.html  https://riseup.net/en

https://pay.reddit.com/r/privacy/wiki/index

#6 Old 06-24-2012, 02:20 PM
Joe
Veggie Regular

I have a question for you Mac users that my friend asked me before she talked to tech support, but which I did not know how to answer.

My friend said she had done some research and it recommended installing various anti-virus programs on her Mac. Her question: How do I know which anti-virus programs I (already) have installed?

How do you know this on a Mac? Where do you look?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page