What games are we playing? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Veggie Regular

I am trying to expand my game horizon so I am asking what games are we playing?

I am enjoying http://ageofempiresonline.com/ this right now.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Im playing Alice:Madness Returns on PS3....amazing game, if a little gory/spooky at times. But I love anything creepy and Alice related

Also If anyone likes MMORPGs I work for this one> www.dawntide.net still in BETA but maybe worth bookmarking for the future *wink wink, nudge nudge*
#3 Old 08-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch

Currently playing: Killing Floor, Minecraft, VVVVVV, Braid

Other PC games I've enjoyed are Dragon Age, Oblivion, Morrowind, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Half-Life 2 (with episodes 1 and 2), Portal, Portal 2, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Plants vs. Zombies, Borderlands, Magicka, Machinarium (robots! <3), Cave Story (Awesome game and free on PC!)...might post again if I think of more.

I can't abandon the person I used to be, so I carry her.
#5 Old 08-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm currently playing Maplestory as a communist. Meaning, I stay the hell away from anything I don't craft or find myself, and I don't piss away any of my money at the cash shop. I'm horrendously weak.

"A-yup. Ya wasted yer life, son"

- Old Man
#6 Old 08-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I keep saying I am dieing for Diablo 3.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#7 Old 08-26-2011, 03:24 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBlonde View Post

I keep saying I am dieing for Diablo 3.

+1

I've even started playing d2 again in anticipation :/

If I was where I would be, then I'd be where I am not, here I am where I must be, where I would be I cannot.
#8 Old 08-26-2011, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys View Post

Currently playing: Killing Floor, Minecraft, VVVVVV, Braid

Other PC games I've enjoyed are Dragon Age, Oblivion, Morrowind, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Half-Life 2 (with episodes 1 and 2), Portal, Portal 2, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Plants vs. Zombies, Borderlands, Magicka, Machinarium (robots! <3), Cave Story (Awesome game and free on PC!)...might post again if I think of more.

That's an awesome list. :O I've yet to play DA, Oblivion and Morrowind mostly because I know it'll kill all of my productivity, instantly. I loved Mass Effect so much that I ended up buying it twice (steam sales are evil). I built a monster PC last year and I'd rather game on the PC anyway since I'm a nerd.

Anyway, to answer the topic, I'm currently replaying FEAR and have a level or two to finish in Swords and Soldiers. I actually played FEAR on my terrible computer when it was first released. I ran it on all low quality at 640x480, but it surprisingly ran fine for a PC with a geforce 5200. The AI in the game is as incredible as it was when I first played it, and I'm thoroughly enjoying firefights.

I'm waiting for dota 2, the tournament still has me drooling (which reminds me, I should mop up my drool since it's a safety hazard) enough that I'm considering playing a round or two of the original dota. Plus, it's Valve! I'm pretty sure we'll have an SDK, which means I can flex my C++ muscles and make a box that shoots lasers! Lasers!

My username is ColossalCupcakes in hopes that my spelling will improve enough so that I can spell Colossal without spellcheck. Oh, and I like cupcakes.
#9 Old 08-26-2011, 06:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Dawntide looks very nice, too bad my PC couldn't really handle it. Fans of diablo should also try torchlight or Drakensang which is free to play and plays inside your browser. Path of Exile also looks promising

currently i'm playing Hellgate Global and LotRo until The Old republic and Guild Wars 2 come out. Oh and of course Skyrim but i will seriously need to upgrade my pc very soon
#10 Old 08-26-2011, 07:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by leth View Post

+1

I've even started playing d2 again in anticipation :/

Are you signed up for the beta? I am. They only are giving away 1,000 passes I believe for the beta.

Marilyn Monroe
#11 Old 08-26-2011, 11:52 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBlonde View Post

Are you signed up for the beta? I am. They only are giving away 1,000 passes I believe for the beta.

I didn't bother, figured I'd never get in anyway.

If I was where I would be, then I'd be where I am not, here I am where I must be, where I would be I cannot.
#12 Old 08-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by exiled_expatriate View Post

Currently playing F.E.A.R. 2 on PC

Creepy as ****.

Have you played F.E.A.R 1? I found Alma far creepier as a little girl... Fun games though!

I'm playing Stronghold 1 and 2 at the moment. Pretty fun, though each seems a bit broken.

Disclaimer: I'm insane.
#13 Old 08-28-2011, 12:53 AM
Veggie Regular

#14 Old 08-29-2011, 08:18 AM
Veggie Regular

I just go the new Deus Ex game. I really want to just crack out on it for the next few hours, but I have way too much work to do
#15 Old 08-29-2011, 08:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by exiled_expatriate View Post

Just finished F.E.A.R. 1 last week.

LOL. Blame Armacham Technology Corporation.

Haha...I definitely peed a little bit more than once while playing FEAR.
#16 Old 08-29-2011, 10:01 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm still getting my ass kicked by Portal 2. Its fun though.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#17 Old 08-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Portal 2 is definitely next on my list.
#18 Old 08-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Its better than the first Portal, IMHO.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#19 Old 08-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow, really? That's awesome. The first one is probably one of my favorite games ever.
#20 Old 08-29-2011, 02:55 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd like to get Portal 2 as well.

I'm really looking forward to TES: Skyrim.

Disclaimer: I'm insane.
#21 Old 08-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by obankobi View Post

I'm really looking forward to TES: Skyrim.

I'm kind of dreading skyrim. I'm pretty sure that **** is going to consume my life.
#22 Old 08-29-2011, 05:21 PM

Playing Knights of the Old Republic right now, Minecraft, Dead Rising 2, and Alpha Centauri right now. Occasionally something else sprinkled in. I won't be able to run Skyrim on my computer and won't be getting a new one anytime soon. Going to get it for my Xbox eventually. Need to make piles of guard helmets in the middle of town.
#23 Old 09-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm really afraid that Skyrim's not going to live up to the hype. What'll we have to look forward to if it turns out to be bleh? :'(
#24 Old 09-11-2011, 08:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post

I'm really afraid that Skyrim's not going to live up to the hype. What'll we have to look forward to if it turns out to be bleh? :'(

Guild Wars 2
#25 Old 09-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Beginner

Spending hours online in Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii
Got Star Fox for the 3DS yesterday, but am a bit meh about that game so far.
#26 Old 09-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbivorous B.I.G. View Post

I just go the new Deus Ex game. I really want to just crack out on it for the next few hours, but I have way too much work to do

The boyfriends been playing that one. I haven't tried it yet but it looks pretty kick ass. Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

I'm still getting my ass kicked by Portal 2. Its fun though.

That game is insane! I haven't even beaten the first Portal yet though, I should do that so I will be less confused

I just beat Dead Rising 2 on Xbox 360 last night. It was awesome! It turned out to be way more addictive than I thought it would be, it's the perfect combination of horror and ridiculousness. There are so many fun combo weapons you can make to smash in zombie brains with, and I enjoyed all the psychopath stories.

Next up: Revisiting Fallout 2, time to beat that ****!

And of course like most of the nerd world I am totally drooling for Skyrim. If it's anywhere near as entertaining as Oblivion was I'll be overjoyed, that was a great game.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#27 Old 09-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Don't know... I WOULD like the Elder Scrolls series except for one thing... the leveling system, which completely ruins the game for me despite the fact that everything else is done very well. I feel like I have to micromanage my character too much. I just wanna be able to sit down and play something for a half hour or so and not have to worry about that stuff.

Lately I've been playing Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) with my girlfriend during the weekends. Been a fan of every single one of the Fallout series as well, but I find myself in need of more casual games lately, so the Wii has been out a lot more often than the 360. I'll still play a simple DLC on the 360 like The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile every so often.

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." Bruce Lee.

"On a large enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club)

#28 Old 09-12-2011, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad888 View Post

Don't know... I WOULD like the Elder Scrolls series except for one thing... the leveling system, which completely ruins the game for me despite the fact that everything else is done very well. I feel like I have to micromanage my character too much. I just wanna be able to sit down and play something for a half hour or so and not have to worry about that stuff.

Yeah, I definitely know what you mean. Some aspects of that game seem to be geared more towards people with some kind of OCD

At some point I stopped using the fast travel system and ended up running/swimming everywhere so I could bump up my athletics skill, and I did useless alteration/conjuration spells as I ran just to bump up my skill level there. It was annoying but necessary, I wanted to be strong enough to kick ass and stop getting killed by trolls and cougars all the time

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#29 Old 09-15-2011, 05:28 PM

http://hedgewars.org/

Hedge Wars! FOSS recreation of Worms that is updated often, stable and multiplatform.

My username is ColossalCupcakes in hopes that my spelling will improve enough so that I can spell Colossal without spellcheck. Oh, and I like cupcakes.
#30 Old 09-15-2011, 05:36 PM
Banned

Just cancelled my WoW sub... I was even about to craft the legendary staff (my guild is pretty pissed, I put in a GM ticket to see if I can transfer the smoldering essences to another player), but so sick of the nerfs to current content. Cool, casual/lesser skilled players want to play the game, so make content for them and leave the hard modes alone. You get 11 million subs x $15 USD a month + extra money for name changes, faction changes etc that cost $25 USD, plus digital pets and mounts from the blizzard online store for $15-25 USD.

Also, there's just nothing to do in game other than raid. I'm sick of dailies, I have over 150 pets, close to 150 mounts. So boring. And it's not even like I play much (like people assume when I talk with them), I'm just very efficient with the time I allocate to different tasks.

Oh well, I need to focus on the semester anyways. I really have no games to play, any suggestions? I was thinking of waiting for modern warfare 3. Modern warfare 2 BLEW MY MIND, you know what scene I'm talking about. Made me literally almost shed a tear.

And this live action trailer is BADASS! (nsfw, blood, headshots, etc)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLmsiaN5dZM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page