Minecraft - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 Old 04-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Veggie Regular
 
vegkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the depths of N'Kai
Posts: 3,910
Any veg Crafters out there?

If you don't have Minecraft yet, you should get it.

http://www.minecraft.net/

Amazing game!

Post some of your builds here!

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

vegkid is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 04-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Back-Space's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegkid View Post

Any veg Crafters out there?

If you don't have Minecraft yet, you should get it.

http://www.minecraft.net/

Amazing game!

Post some of your builds here!

Some of the people on my server are building the Parthenon, the size of which you wouldn't believe. They've had 4 or 5 people working steadily for about the past month and all they've got done are some of the pillars and the layout I'm building a little smaller since I don't spend so much time on there, just leveling a field right now. Still not sure what to build when I get the mountains down. Thinking a huge pyramid, or a an aquatic center or something Something simple and quick to build, but will look good when they take the birds eye view pics
Back-Space is offline  
#3 Old 04-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Herbivorous B.I.G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 992
I have purposely avoided minecraft because I'm pretty sure it would consume my life.
Herbivorous B.I.G. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#4 Old 04-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Back-Space's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbivorous B.I.G. View Post

I have purposely avoided minecraft because I'm pretty sure it would consume my life.

Lol, it is pretty addictive. Some of the people on my server are on day and night
Back-Space is offline  
#5 Old 04-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.
 
Puppet Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbivorous B.I.G. View Post

I have purposely avoided minecraft because I'm pretty sure it would consume my life.

Precisely why I have forbidden myself to play it the last few months.

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
Puppet Master is offline  
#6 Old 04-04-2011, 12:15 AM
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
 
Rhys's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 836
Boyfriend and I have Minecraft but we haven't played it much lately. Currently, we're lost in our own mine because we deviated from the structured plan and randomly dug deep into caverns. Need to upload some of my skin edits to skin websites sometime because from what I've seen, there's a serious lack of female and cute skins. All of my mice have been created for Minecraft and I made one of myself too. The default guy got boring. My brain seriously needs a break from life so I may play a bit tonight.

I can't abandon the person I used to be, so I carry her.
Rhys is offline  
#7 Old 04-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Back-Space's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys View Post

Boyfriend and I have Minecraft but we haven't played it much lately. Currently, we're lost in our own mine because we deviated from the structured plan and randomly dug deep into caverns. Need to upload some of my skin edits to skin websites sometime because from what I've seen, there's a serious lack of female and cute skins. All of my mice have been created for Minecraft and I made one of myself too. The default guy got boring. My brain seriously needs a break from life so I may play a bit tonight.

Lol Run into many cavesÉ I love mining away and running into an unlit cave and having a bunch of creepers run into my work area Ièm Randy Marsh from South Park.
Back-Space is offline  
#8 Old 04-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Veggie Regular
 
vegkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the depths of N'Kai
Posts: 3,910
Anyone tame any wolves yet?

I have been unable to tame even one

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

vegkid is offline  
#9 Old 04-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
 
Rhys's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 836
Nope, sounds fun and cute though! I've taken a break from mining to build a house and I planted an orchard next to it for unlimited wood. Will work on the second story of the house another time.

Outside:

Inside:

Dark trees, torch lights help them grow:

I can't abandon the person I used to be, so I carry her.
Rhys is offline  
#10 Old 04-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Back-Space's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 806
Iève tamed some wolves. They attack people to If they come and hit a wolf, they all turn on him.
Back-Space is offline  
#11 Old 04-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Veggie Regular
 
vegkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the depths of N'Kai
Posts: 3,910
I have seven wolves now.

And a mod did totally not spawn 4 of them for me.

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

vegkid is offline  
#12 Old 05-11-2011, 06:24 AM
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
 
Rhys's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 836
Totally just burned my house down. Yes, I tried to save it with buckets of water. No more lava play in a wooden house, it's stone time.



Edit: My orchard back there burned down along with it!

I can't abandon the person I used to be, so I carry her.
Rhys is offline  
#13 Old 05-11-2011, 07:22 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Envy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Heaven
Posts: 6,548
Related:


"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
Envy is offline  
#14 Old 05-11-2011, 08:47 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Melanie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys View Post

Totally just burned my house down. Yes, I tried to save it with buckets of water. No more lava play in a wooden house, it's stone time.



Edit: My orchard back there burned down along with it!

I'm building a pyramid right now. BTW, how do you get that little navigator map to show on your screen?
Melanie is offline  
#15 Old 05-11-2011, 09:28 AM
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
 
Rhys's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie View Post

I'm building a pyramid right now. BTW, how do you get that little navigator map to show on your screen?

Awesome! And they're both mods. The top one is a minimap and the other shows the locations of ores, diamonds, lava, water, etc.

Zaneris' Minimap here (if it doesn't scroll down to it automatically, you may need to scroll down to it yourself): http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...97332#ZansMini

Ellian Detector (finds ores, diamonds, etc.): http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...=1032&t=209645

You'll also need the ModLoader here and I also use the Death Chest mod found on the same page: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...p?f=25&t=80246

One stop shop on the forums if you'd like to see many other mods: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...=1039&t=322883

May seem a bit complicated to install. Once you get ModLoader set up, it's pretty simple. If you need help, feel free to respond here or PM me.

I can't abandon the person I used to be, so I carry her.
Rhys is offline  
#16 Old 05-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Veggie Regular
 
obankobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 499
Does anyone else feel bad for killing the piggies for the health? I try to get wheat growing quickly so I don't have too kill as many...maybe I'm just silly.

Disclaimer: I'm insane.
obankobi is offline  
#17 Old 05-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
 
Rhys's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by obankobi View Post

Does anyone else feel bad for killing the piggies for the health? I try to get wheat growing quickly so I don't have too kill as many...maybe I'm just silly.

Definitely! XD At first I thought I'd try to be vegan in the game for fun but then I wanted to make cakes, beds, paintings and see game mechanics at work. I've only killed a pig once to see how much faster the tamed wolves ran while I was holding a raw porkchop. I've got a wheat farm and sugar cane automatic harvester set up so I can make loads of bread and cakes. I also found out you can harvest wool (for beds and picture frames) without damaging the sheep by using a fishing pole on them.

Think I have a bunch of public minecraft screenshots here that include the wheat farm and sugar harvester: http://steamcommunity.com/id/aikirhys/screenshots/

I can't abandon the person I used to be, so I carry her.
Rhys is offline  
#18 Old 05-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Veggie Regular
 
vegkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the depths of N'Kai
Posts: 3,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys View Post

Definitely! XD At first I thought I'd try to be vegan in the game for fun but then I wanted to make cakes, beds, paintings and see game mechanics at work. I've only killed a pig once to see how much faster the tamed wolves ran while I was holding a raw porkchop. I've got a wheat farm and sugar cane automatic harvester set up so I can make loads of bread and cakes. I also found out you can harvest wool (for beds and picture frames) without damaging the sheep by using a fishing pole on them.

Think I have a bunch of public minecraft screenshots here that include the wheat farm and sugar harvester: http://steamcommunity.com/id/aikirhys/screenshots/

I originally spawned in Minecraft thinking I was going to be a vegetarian in the game. I knew it was just pixels, and not real animals, but I still wanted to come off as a Minecraft vegetarian.

It lasted for a whole two minutes until the second a cow spawned in my house and started hopping around, blocking my stairwell...

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

vegkid is offline  
#19 Old 05-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Veggie Regular
 
obankobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 499
Haha, I've had critters block things and just generally get in my way. I view it as self defense...

Disclaimer: I'm insane.
obankobi is offline  
#20 Old 05-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Veggie Regular
 
vegkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the depths of N'Kai
Posts: 3,910
I still kill pigs and cows and things for meat and feathers and leather. Why? Because they're not real, and if I act like they are, I'll be even more hopelessly sucked into this game.

To me, it is pixels that when clicked give you things. Not cows and chickens and sheep and pigs. And according to most versions of Minecraft mythology, they respawn just like us. So. Guilty conscience, gone. Iron sword meet pig.

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

vegkid is offline  
#21 Old 05-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
 
Rhys's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegkid View Post

I still kill pigs and cows and things for meat and feathers and leather. Why? Because they're not real, and if I act like they are, I'll be even more hopelessly sucked into this game.

To me, it is pixels that when clicked give you things. Not cows and chickens and sheep and pigs. And according to most versions of Minecraft mythology, they respawn just like us. So. Guilty conscience, gone. Iron sword meet pig.

Darn right!

I can't abandon the person I used to be, so I carry her.
Rhys is offline  
#22 Old 05-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Veggie Regular
 
obankobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 499
Killer!

Disclaimer: I'm insane.
obankobi is offline  
#23 Old 05-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Melanie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys View Post

Awesome! And they're both mods. The top one is a minimap and the other shows the locations of ores, diamonds, lava, water, etc.

Zaneris' Minimap here (if it doesn't scroll down to it automatically, you may need to scroll down to it yourself): http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...97332#ZansMini

Ellian Detector (finds ores, diamonds, etc.): http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...=1032&t=209645

You'll also need the ModLoader here and I also use the Death Chest mod found on the same page: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...p?f=25&t=80246

One stop shop on the forums if you'd like to see many other mods: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...=1039&t=322883

May seem a bit complicated to install. Once you get ModLoader set up, it's pretty simple. If you need help, feel free to respond here or PM me.

Awesome! Thanks, I'll go have a look.
Melanie is offline  
#24 Old 05-12-2011, 07:58 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Back-Space's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 806


People have far too much free time
Back-Space is offline  
#25 Old 05-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
 
Rhys's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 836
Oh man, seeing a creeper outside my door would freak me out. XD Hate those guys!

I can't abandon the person I used to be, so I carry her.
Rhys is offline  
#26 Old 05-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Veggie Regular
 
imdead-goaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 222
Loooove minecraft.
I was thinking of writing an article with the title "Creepers: Nuisance or Necessity?", entertaining the concept that creepers are a good thing because they push us to recreate and advance structures that would, otherwise, exist unchanged indefinitely.
imdead-goaway is offline  
#27 Old 05-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Back-Space's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys View Post

Oh man, seeing a creeper outside my door would freak me out. XD Hate those guys!

Lol, those ones are the worst You don't get any time to run... You hear the hissing and it's already too late. Then you gotta hike back to base to see what he blew up
Back-Space is offline  
#28 Old 05-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Veggie Regular
 
vegkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the depths of N'Kai
Posts: 3,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back-Space View Post

Lol, those ones are the worst You don't get any time to run... You hear the hissing and it's already too late. Then you gotta hike back to base to see what he blew up

I would scare you to death. You see, I have a hobby called Creeper baiting, where I walk outside in the morning and taunt as many creepers as possible, lead them back to my house and close the door before they can get in, then equip my iron sword and kill them all from the inside.

But yeah, I have played CoD Nazi Zombies without jumping at all (and tons of people claim that is the scariest game they have ever played) and still, in Minecraft when I see a creeper I usually almost jump out of my seat.

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

vegkid is offline  
#29 Old 05-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Back-Space's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegkid View Post

I would scare you to death. You see, I have a hobby called Creeper baiting, where I walk outside in the morning and taunt as many creepers as possible, lead them back to my house and close the door before they can get in, then equip my iron sword and kill them all from the inside.

But yeah, I have played CoD Nazi Zombies without jumping at all (and tons of people claim that is the scariest game they have ever played) and still, in Minecraft when I see a creeper I usually almost jump out of my seat.

COD Zombies was siiiick I loved that. The online sucked aside from that I think we(4 players) got to 26 before we ran out of ammo and got over run. We knew our stuff, though. Some of the people on my server have creeper farms. Huge stone buildings that you walk in the basement. The creepers fall down waterfalls and get burned to death dropping all of their treats. I'll have to take pics of some of the stuff these guys build, they're quite impressive
Back-Space is offline  
#30 Old 05-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Veggie Regular
 
vegkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the depths of N'Kai
Posts: 3,910
Yep, I happen to live near a huge one. The guy who made it implemented a ton of stuff. Not only does it have like ten stories of monster spawning floors that lead down to a central chute that drags them safely through lava and carries their drops away, there are other things like an auto cactus farm, all connected to the same chute leading to one collection pool. AND it's public. Very amusing to sit near it and listen to what's going on. For example, a zombie spawns on the first floor...

...Ggrrrgh.............grrrrgghhh.....GRRGH!...dri zzledrizzledrizzle...PSSH!-GRR!GRR!GRR!GRR! woosh *splash*

He calls it a murder tower. XD

The only mobs I won't kill are slimes, because I am a part of the Slime Protection Agency on the Minecraft forums and the small slimes are cute to have as pets.

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

vegkid is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off